Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Post match thread Leicester 0-0 Burnley

For me Shinji needed to come on a little earlier, we seem to lack the link player between our central midfield and vardy. He made a difference as not only does he press well, he seems to do well with linking with vardy. He should definitely get more minutes imo. Still a decent performance and hopefully we will be better after the international break. Very emotional scenes at the end and a very  fitting tribute.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I do feel for Vardy. England never played to his strengths and now Leicester aren't either. He looks so isolated when he plays as the lone striker. I can't remember the last time he played well on his own but we persist with it.

Needs to be in a front two.

He has had multiple chances though and is missing every one of them.

10 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I thought it showed that Puel's tactics are not a problem, we just dont have enough finishers atm. No Mahrez to feed Vardy :(

This. We are / were a half decent team that sold their x-factor player. With perhaps the exception of Nacho I thought all of our forward players did well and we were very unlucky not to score. But that’s why Mahrez went for so much money - he could be counted on for goals and assists. 

Unless we are lucky with signings, it will be hard to replace someone as good as that. We have to hope one or more of Maddison, Gray or Barnes when he returns steps up. It’s not every day you find a potentially world class attacking player languishing in Ligue 2!

• Like 3

Emotional day, proud of everyone today.

As for the game it was a frustrating one, we had numerous chances, hit the bar, two off the line, few good saves from Hart, just one of those days where it wouldn't go in.

Evans MOTM for me, absolutely magnificent, the perfect defensive display from him.

• Like 4

Just as with the west ham game we create lots of chances but do nothing with them. Almost every time the ball goes out wide there is nothing going on in the middle. Would be nice to see us play through the middle a bit more. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I said along these lines in the post match thread. We really do need nother striker along with Vardy. 

Preferably a target man.. We put in so many corners / crosses etc into the box i think we could benefit so much with someone big to stick his nut on the ball. Surprised since Maguire wasnt playing and it was a home game we didnt drop one of Mendy or N'didi for Iborra, specifically for this reason. 

Definitely need a bigger presence up front, we're rapid but utterly powderpuff, no striker at the club currently can hold the ball up.

Vardy has obvious strengths, but is not the player to break down a stubborn defence. Iheanacho is an utter waste of space and money.

Would like to see the likes of Mitrovic come to the KP to be honest. In fact anybody who can link play and lead the line to be a foil for Vardy. Seems so simple but Claude doesn't seem to like these sorts of players.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

We had our most creative midfielder missing today. If we could dip our toe in January for a similar player I'd be delighted 

I think we need to get a target man in or just another striker. I think we really need one against shittier teams that park the bus.

He is popular here and somehow won a header towards the end, but you cant push for a Europa League spot when one of your only attacking options of the bench is Okazaki. Need a bit more quality and someone that can get on the end of a header. Like Slimani except better.

Edited by lgfualol
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

He has had multiple chances though and is missing every one of them.

I don't disagree. We either look for a younger, more clinical striker or we persist with Vardy in a two. Do think the strike force is where we need some proper money spent on a well established striker. How many flops have we bought.

49 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Anyone think we could shoehorn Maddison and Ghezzal into the same team for more creativity?  Something like......

Kasper

Ricardo  Evans  Maguire  Chilwell

Mendy/Ndidi  Maddison

Albrighton  Ghezzal  Gray

Vardy

Or is that sh1t?  I dunno.  X

Norwich often played Maddison as an 8 so definitely possible. 

IMO though we should not tinker so much. If he’s been brought to play as a 10 then we should give him the time and support to do so. 

Given the last few years mid table mediocrity might be boring but realistically is our level. Vichai’s passing has also thrown a huge spanner in the works. So I know fans probably don’t want to hear it, but an average season used to bring through some more players is likely what we need. 

Keep saying it but now even more clear to me we need to push the boat out and get in a top striker, to help take the weight of JV.

There is no other recognised striker available apart from Shinji ..  who isn’t good enough ...   and as for eey-ore nachno ..   well, he just ain’t got it.

15 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Definitely need a bigger presence up front, we're rapid but utterly powderpuff, no striker at the club currently can hold the ball up.

Vardy has obvious strengths, but is not the player to break down a stubborn defence. Iheanacho is an utter waste of space and money.

Would like to see the likes of Mitrovic come to the KP to be honest. In fact anybody who can link play and lead the line to be a foil for Vardy. Seems so simple but Claude doesn't seem to like these sorts of players.

He would be my 1st choice, i love him as a player.... Perhaps even Rondon is worth looking into or at least a player like him ?

Mitrovic is certainly the player i would want and still cant get my head around Newcastle selling him, especially when they were lacking strikers.  

1 minute ago, Farrington fox said:

I feel for Vards, he desperately needs a goal from open play, what concerns me is that he's had many chances in the last 4-5 games, the Vardy of 2 seasons ago would have converted half of them.

What do we do? put our faith in him re-finding his touch, or bring in a striker in the Jan window. Nacho, I'm afraid to say, isn't the answer.

I think most of us feel we need another reliable striker even though I think JV is far from finished.

We really have blown a considerable amount on forwards in recent years. I'm completely unconvinced by Kelechi. Maybe I'm being harsh but I just don't see him as the future (or present tbh).

• Like 1