Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Post match thread Leicester 0-0 Burnley

Just now, sishades said:

Just a reminder that Nacho is only 21!

I know. It does feel harsh writing him off but I'm struggling for positives other than age. It's obvious he's quite a shy/reserved bloke but even his attitude on the pitch often doesn't look quite right. I'll concede he's a baby in football terms though. 

There was a certain amount of the fee was speculative, allowing for potential but it just seems like the £25m could have been used better.

Not the first time that's happened and it isn't KI's fault though.

Creativity today wasn't as big an issue as I feared with maddison being out, we made decent chances yet like others have said aren't taking them, good football at times, Gray started the game raring but feel he fizzled out a little towards the end, still had a good game though, Ricardo had another decent game, Evans motm for me, thought he was solid and won everything in the air, solid tackling and some lovely passing, think we put in a very very good performance given the situation, very proud, Burnley however I thought looked terrible 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

He would be my 1st choice, i love him as a player.... Perhaps even Rondon is worth looking into or at least a player like him ?

Mitrovic is certainly the player i would want and still cant get my head around Newcastle selling him, especially when they were lacking strikers.  

Mitrovic and Rondon are both fantastic shouts. Exactly the type of players we need. We're pacy and skilful but honestly too lightweight against teams who get stuck in + defend deep. And we'll keep dropping easy points at home until we do!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I think most of us feel we need another reliable striker even though I think JV is far from finished.

We really have blown a considerable amount on forwards in recent years. I'm completely unconvinced by Kelechi. Maybe I'm being harsh but I just don't see him as the future (or present tbh).

I think we need a target man. I was shocked when we let two go. A target man would of eaten up some of those corners we had.. Burnley made it hard for us to come through the middle and forced us into some crosses. It was a good game plan.

we have 4-5 fairly big wage earners out of  contract at the end of the season and I’d be surprised if a couple were not released  in January so if nothing is done January I’d be surprised if we didn’t get a target man at the end of the season

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kingston_fox said:

Nacho needs to leave... Looks miserable, plays poorly and doesn't offer any value. Would rather one of the youngsters has a go for the last 15mins and gets blooded in

Have to agree - might be a good finisher but his game stinks otherwise. No touch, no quick thinking, no physicality, no grit, not a tryer either. Looks like a sack of shit TBH and waste of a shirt. Man C mugged us.

• Like 1

We won't have another striker properly succeed here whilst Vardy's here. He doesn't have the attributes to play as a lone striker and the list of strike partners he's worked well with at this level starts and ends with Okazaki. Not a criticism of him at all, but the likes of Slimani and Iheanacho obviously aren't bad players, just don't work alongside him.

First 30 I thought we were excellent, like the Arsenal game, I actually enjoyed watching us again, after that it all went abit meh, we were in control pretty much all of the games and should have scored a few but I think that says more about Burnley being very poor, I didn't feel we were that great bar the first 30.

I really didn't understand the Albrighton substituation though, he was our best player or one of, apparently had hadn't trained much, I doubt many of them had, if he was ok to carry on (And he didn't look too tired imo, but I guess i'm not in a great position to make that call) he should have.

I won't dwell on it too much or point fingers as I understand everyone is emotionally and physically drained.

As for the day, very nicely done.

1 minute ago, MPH said:

I think we need a target man. I was shocked when we let two go. A target man would of eaten up some of those corners we had.. Burnley made it hard for us to come through the middle and forced us into some crosses. It was a good game plan.

we have 4-5 fairly big wage earners out of  contract at the end of the season and I’d be surprised if a couple were not released  in January so if nothing is done January I’d be surprised if we didn’t get a target man at the end of the season

Can't argue with that.

Just hope we finally get the right one when we do bring someone in. I really don't think we're hugely lacking over the squad but a reliable goalscorer to back up Vardy is one such instance.

4 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Have to agree - might be a good finisher but his game stinks otherwise. No touch, no quick thinking, no physicality, no grit, not a tryer either. Looks like a sack of shit TBH and waste of a shirt. Man C mugged us.

Yeah... 

But apart from that,  he's mustard! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Agree with you on everything except i didnt think Chilwell had a bad game. He made the odd error but he is fast becoming my favourite LCFC player. The improvement from last year is ridiculous. 

He really is going to be an outstanding player and hard to keep in a year or 2. 

Chilwell struggled because Burnley had a game plan to stop him getting forward down the flank. They doubled up on him and made sure Lennon was always one of them so he couldnt outpace him 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I know. It does feel harsh writing him off but I'm struggling for positives other than age. It's obvious he's quite a shy/reserved bloke but even his attitude on the pitch often doesn't look quite right. I'll concede he's a baby in football terms though. 

There was a certain amount of the fee was speculative, allowing for potential but it just seems like the £25m could have been used better.

Not the first time that's happened and it isn't KI's fault though. 

I'd say we got more value out of Slimani than Nachoman!

Slim at least got a couple of crucial goals at times for us and would have been a plan for Albrighton's crossing.

Kelechi as you say is young enough but just isn't reliable.  3 of his 5 league goals for us were against Arsenal and Spurs last season with nothing to play for. He has gone too long other times without scoring.

Edited by Blue ROI

First half we deserved to go in ahead. Vardy off the line, Ghezzal off the bar. 

2nd half was not great at all but I'm guessing the travelling and general events of the week caught up on the players. 

Would have been so fitting if Vardy buried that chance in the 60th minute :wub:.

Not to be, though. Burnley came here for the draw and got it. 

Today, for me, was all about giving support to. Top and the family as well as the players. The scenes before the game had me crying and seeing Top after the game on the lap around to say thanks set me off again. 

I'm so proud of this club though. Everything done since the tragedy has been treated with dignity and respect and just the utmost care. Sheer love and respect to all of the Leicester family. 

• Like 2