Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Post match thread Leicester 0-0 Burnley

As others have said I thought the first half we played some really nice football and we were  unlucky not to score, the second half was  horrible to watch . We looked drained mentally and physically which to be fair is totally understandable . Burnley then decided to play for the draw and play hoof ball which was awefully on the eye . How so many people were calling for  Dyche to be our manager not long ago still amazes me as they were awefull today and played awefull last season although proving successful really hope they go down . Best three players for me today were Ghezzal, Gray and Evans with the latter being my motm 

5 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

TBH the neutrals I watched with thought the same. As a no. 10 he was electric at times.

Yes, much better as a CAM than on the wing, where his defensive weaknesses are more of an issue. Not mich good on a dead ball though. 

I don't think anyone other than Nacho had a shocker today. Shinji on at that point would have been better. He is a ball winner who works with Vardy.

We hould have finished some of those chances. Evans MOTM. 

I’m sure it’s been said on here many times already but the result was irrelevant today.

Its difficult to really put today into words and I feel like just sitting in a dark room on my own while having a good cry.

What a day.

• Like 2

We were the better team and very unlucky not to score. But all in all I am proud of the Leicester fans - what an atmosphere. It was almost like what the KP sounded like in our title winning season. 

And for Top to come and do a lap of honour after what his family have done for us is incredible.

As I feared to a certain extent. First 30 minutes we were really very good but we faded and tired which is not surprising.

Still we got a point so better than nothing.

I am not reading too much into performances today but several players were below par which is perhaps not unexpected.

On the positives, I though Evans was especially good and it is worrying to see him coming off. Ghezzal actually played some nice stuff when he was in the No.10 role but looked half the player when back on the wing.

In january we really need to look at our forward options> We put in several good crosses today but noone there with physical stature to perhaps put them away.

We need to move on now. It won't be easy for the players but the focus needs to be on playing from now on and less about remembrance.

Quality from the club in its organisation today.

2 hours ago, bfox said:

I agree with the N'didi criticism. I think he's literally only in the team because of his octopus style tackling. Other than that his passing and shooting is pretty low level and painful to witness. Good team effort though today, can't fault that. Just disappointed with the score a tad.:appl:

What game were you both watching? Whoscored has Ndidi as the top City performer today (though my own personal choice would be Ghezzal). 

Edited by NaijaFox

An incredibly emotional day. Tears rolled down my cheeks during the tribute video to Vichai and two-minute silence. And seeing the wonderful Top - so humble, gracious and valiant - leading the team and other legendary figures around the pitch to rapturous applause from all four sides after the game will live forever in the memory.

As for the game, we dominated completely but for whatever reason (and not for the first time under Puel) our quality in the final third - crossing, passing and shooting - was frustratingly substandard throughout against limited, unthreatening opposition. And that cost us two points that were there for the taking on a day that did further credit to our magnificently run and magnificently supported Football Club.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

There needs to be more love for Ricardo's performance today. Goal saving tackle in the first half and solid defensive display allround combined with some exciting forward runs. He is going to become special.

I actually think he'll become one of our best players. He's got real quality and drive. X 

• Like 1

Why don't we play Shinji earlier in a game? He came on and had an immediate effect today. Him and Vardy link up so well. I don't understand why he doesn't play. 

N'Didi and Mendy leave massive gaos down the middle and miss that final ball. We need someone to play that killer pass and release ball at the right time. So many times today Vardes or Gray made great runs, but they were missed by the midfielders. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a day. Got into Leicester early to see the new arrangement of the flowers and then joined the walk. Felt so privileged to be at the match. No one around me on the walk seemed to have a ticket for the match, although they had tried. So proud of the way in which the fans did their all to show support to those who needed it. Can’t help be a bit disappointed with the result, but only because we did more than enough to deserve to get three points.  Then just when I thought the emotions were over, I read Kaspers tribute on the train on the way back. Met some Birmingham supporters on the local train on the way back and they were full of support for us. 

I don’t want to dwell on individual performances, but on a positive Ghezzal definitely seems a lot more at home playing centrally - I am sure his stats before he came here showed that was the case. Only way I can see to get him in there though is 3 at the back... always seems to come back to that doesn’t it..!

And now onto the international break.