Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Post match thread Leicester 0-0 Burnley

1 hour ago, Max Wall said:

I think most of us feel we need another reliable striker even though I think JV is far from finished.

We really have blown a considerable amount on forwards in recent years. I'm completely unconvinced by Kelechi. Maybe I'm being harsh but I just don't see him as the future (or present tbh).

....Nacho had a bad today today!

I recently wrote that I felt he was screwed in respect of his position within the team.He can't lead the line....he is effective in a two but not devastating. If Vardy is out of the team, the loan striker is not a role Nacho excels at, the whole formation does not suit him. He either changes his game or he goes elsewhere to progress, my guess is that he will be going as this just is not working.

You have to realise that him coming in was with Shakespeare at the helm. He is not a Puel acquisition and all attempts to incorporate him in the match day line up seems contrived and unbalanced.

I would love him to come good at Leicester but it is  not going to happen under this regime, this is not a Puel diss, just an observation.

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Nacho had a bad today today!

I recently wrote that I felt he was screwed in respect of his position within the team.He can't lead the line....he is effective in a two but not devastating. If Vardy is out of the team, the loan striker is not a role Nacho excels at, the whole formation does not suit him. He either changes his game or he goes elsewhere to progress, my guess is that he will be going as this just is not working.

You have to realise that him coming in was with Shakespeare at the helm. He is not a Puel acquisition and all attempts to incorporate him in the match day line up seems contrived and unbalanced.

I would love him to come good at Leicester but it is  not going to happen under this regime, this is not a Puel diss, just an observation.

He's had a few too many of them for the outlay, that's the problem really.

8 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

He has :(, although he was picking up to the end of last season. We really need an attacking boost to the squad. Claude really didn't have much on offer on the bench today really. Lots of good defensive options, but nothing you felt would offer a significant boost going forward. 

I kind of feel for the guy tbh. 

He's young and definitely has something but we don't get to see it often enough. 

Whether that's because of the formation or confidence or style of play, I don't know. 

I'm sure he will come good eventually but I don't think we can afford to wait and put all our eggs in his basket. We're gonna have to buy a much better striker soon as we're looking very, very sloppy and unclinical up front right now. We're creating chances but nobody is putting them away.

I'd like to see it work out for him, absolutely. But his first touch is lacking, balls just bounce off him and he doesn't seem to find himself in the right place often enough to score. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rachhere said:

He has :(, although he was picking up to the end of last season. We really need an attacking boost to the squad. Claude really didn't have much on offer on the bench today really. Lots of good defensive options, but nothing you felt would offer a significant boost going forward. 

I may occasionally fall down but I'm rarely a big criticiser of players, I'm just struggling with his contribution.

He's had some good games but they are firmly in the minority for me. Maybe, as the above poster says, Puel's system doesn't suit him, but he still just hasn't done enough for me. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong.

2 hours ago, sishades said:

Just a reminder that Nacho is only 21!

...his age is not the problem!!!

Played in a different system would make him look like the player we think he could be. In the Manchester team he previously played for he looked ahead of his time and due to the abundance of talent available Man. City deemed a sale with a generous buy back was the best way to go.

He is stalling at our club, something I believe he realises and probably now looking for a plausible way out or a change of regime.

For once I'm disappointed with the result rather than the performance, felt we should've buried the game in the first half with the chances and we started with a quick tempo instead of limply letting the opposition dictate.

The players struggled as the game went on which is totally understandable after the two weeks they've had. I think a break will do everyone some good.

Although it was in the worst possible circumstances, I'm glad we got to see Ranieri, Pearson and Shakespeare again to give them the ovation they deserved. A very difficult and challenging day and the everyone handled it extremely well.

• Like 1

A big part of the problem with a Iheanacho is that no matter how well he plays he’s never going to get a proper run in the first team because such a sizeable chunk of the fan base can’t bear to see anybody other than Vardy starting up front. Same issue happened with Slimani.

Neither are bad strikers but both times Vardy has been dropped in the past 3 years (West Brom at home under Ranieri and the West Ham game this season) people have lost their minds and Vardy’s ended up coming on at half time anyway.

24 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Ludovico Einaudi - Nuvole Bianche. 

Perfect. 

Thanks, I figured it out afterwards, it was so familiar and remember it being played earlier at KP. It is the perfect song, goes through the ups and downs as Leicester fan perfectly on that song. That song is just beautiful.

3 hours ago, weller54 said:

Yeah... 

But apart from that,  he's mustard! 

Still having a pop at our own players on a day like to today I see 

understand you even managed to have a go at Leo in the Match thread

50,000 real supporters on the walk today but I bet you didn't get very wet in your kitchen did you 

Edited by ramadaone
  • Haha 1

Desperate for a striker similar to Vardy in the future.

Thought Gray and Ghezzal were both hit-and-miss and frustrating.

Chilwell has come on in leaps and bounds.

The remembrance situations couldn't have been prepared better imo. Well-presented and no trouble.

Noticed quite a few police walking up towards the top in the Burnley end in the second half; anyone knew what happened?

Think we as fans could have made more noise during the game, particularly in the second half when the Burnley fans got going. The pre match and post match was special though. When the applause started ringing out during the video of Vichai... moment of the day for me and that will live with me forever. Seeing all the flags during the silence too, really special scenes.

Proud of the boys and the club yet again. Loved seeing Nige, Claudio et al again too. Top is a very brave guy and I’m glad he got that rapturous applause from a pretty much full stadium 15-20 minutes after the game had finished.

Still kind of disappointed about the result but some very special moments during the day render the result rather irrelevant. I love this club.

Edited by Goober

I feel like leicester need to be so much more clinical had we scored 2 or 3 against arsenal in the first 30 minutes when we were dominating then we would have killed off the game.

and I think that the same applies today against burnley because once we hadn't scored a few of our chances the fans slowly became a bit more quiet and then our players heads slightly dropped after the 30th minute. I say slightly because we still had control of the game but our penetration wasn't there.

We have these 30 minute spells of absolute dominance over teams we need to capitalise on them by becoming much more clinical.

I can say this though we are a player or two away from becoming a very good side.

Edited by Fightforever
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Why don't we play Shinji earlier in a game? He came on and had an immediate effect today. Him and Vardy link up so well. I don't understand why he doesn't play. 

N'Didi and Mendy leave massive gaos down the middle and miss that final ball. We need someone to play that killer pass and release ball at the right time. So many times today Vardes or Gray made great runs, but they were missed by the midfielders. 

Couldn't agree more.  Shinji made a real difference as soon as he came on, but he wasn't given enough time to make a real impact.  I'm Puel in but I do think he's too slow with his subs most matches (although that saved him yesterday when Evans - who was great BTW - went down).

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Max Wall said:

Spot on. Vardy is not on fire. And when he isn't, the alternative isn't good enough.  And Vardy won't be around for much longer.

Generally we are doing a good job of replacing the champions. But you people have to understand it's not easy. 

Gray really tries. He's a tiny percentage off being a great player for us.

Ndidi is the biggest disappointment of the season for me so far. I thought he was going to be a nearly Kante replacement. Not even close.

We are nearly Everton. And 4 years ago I would have been very happy with that.

There’s a plethora of issues with the squad at present. Back to front Ricardo isn’t good enough, he has pace a plenty but not much between his ears, so he has more bad games than good. The partnership of N’didi and Mendy is negative and doesn’t support the attack in any way. When Albrighton plays we look fairy dangerous, but his strengths are getting the ball into the box, and we don’t have an attacker to match those strengths, Gray is as always horribly inconsistent. Vardy is being stifled, his game is all about playing on the shoulder of the last defender, we simply do not get the ball over to him often or quick enough so his strengths are not being utilised at all. 

Players like Ghezzal, Ricardo and Kalechi simply are not good enough. There’s a stronger starting 11 that Puel refuses to pick, and until he realises this things will not improve. 

Having said all of that, football at this moment in time is the least important thing. We need to do enough to hang on this season, and then collectively regroup in the summer and decide what to do going forward. I’m 100% of the opinion that it isn’t with Puel at the helm, but that’s just my opinion. For now he will have to do, until the club has healed, and Top’s able to bring the board together and start pulling the strings again. 

• Like 1