Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Post match thread Leicester 0-0 Burnley

I think, after those matches we played, there are something about our strikers. Vardy is still undropable. When he did, lot will out of their minds and start harrasing others who step up on his place. There's no time to settle. Give instant impact or be gone. 

No wonder during West ham, ghezzal have to be replaced with vardy in 45th despite he didn't even drop vardy but Ricardo. 

Iheanacho, while he has potential, up and down, given the circumstances, should go on loan. 

Vardy form is worrying and nacho are yet to be ready to quickly replace him. He need game time, experience, and most importantly, confidence. The last one is the most expensive as it can be worn off with the amount of pressure for whoever dare to step on vardy shoes right now. 

He has the quality for priemer league level, and not finished product. He need to get loaned to at least middle table team, in highest division of Europe league. Epl will be good, but others like scottish, or even serie a or la liga is good as well. Play week in and week out, so can develop like gray and Chilwell. 

And in the meantime, we can get a striker to push and be alternative for vardy. With puel reluctantce to give iborra license to get onto the opposition box during open play, might be good if the new striker were good in aerial duels and holding the ball

Something like ulloa and slimani combined 

I hope it won't be something like 30 mill again. 

Edited by Hanan96

Fantastic scenes particularly after the match and seeing all the heroes of the past and present together. RIP Vichai and condolences to his family and the families of the other victims.

Deserved a better result. Thought Ghezzal had his best game for us by far. May have written him off too early :blush:

But what about that Mike Dean though eh? Just can’t stop himself from being a grade A ****.

Guest Markyblue

Proud of my club and fans.  The scene when top walked round the pitch at the end,will live with me forever, both heart breaking and beautiful at the same time.  

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

Emotional day. Amazing scenes.

At some point though we’ll have to talk about the football in terms of formation, selection and substitutions though. 

Because we are woeful in the final third.

I agree but the players have gone through the 2 most emotional and draining weeks in our history.  Heart break ,trip to Thailand and i think in the circumstances 4 points from the 2 games is above and beyond the call of duty. 

If any chance the drunk who called Top over for a selfie on his parade around the pitch and then got kicked out the ground for trying to invade the pitch - please don't ever return. 

Very emotional day, the football match felt irrelevant after the pre match tributes. But very proud of the lads and staff.

That aside, we don't look great in the final third. We should of been 1/2 up in the first half, Ghezzal looked promising in the 10 role, but second half was just back to normal. Don't understand why we keep playing it out to the wings, with no target man in the middle. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Not sure what prompted this - Wes' yellow aside (if any decision is given there, it's a free kick to us), he was ok and generally unnoticed.

It was a small gripe but why did we have to retake a goal kick after their substitute was brought on? He was on the pitch, why couldn't the game continue?

For the second week running the game passed me by mostly. Pre and post match were wonderfully done, and the Walk whilst soggy ? was a wonderful event. In football terms should have been comfortably ahead by half time, but with the events of the past few weeks we were bound to tire second half. How Top did that walk around the pitch at the end I will never know. Incredible to see Pearson, Ranieri, Esteban and co and to hear the appreciation. The players, the club, and the fans have been top drawer since the tragedy, Vichai would be proud. The world has had it’s eyes on Leicester, and we have led by example again ??

11 hours ago, trabuch said:

Spot on. Vardy is not on fire. And when he isn't, the alternative isn't good enough.  And Vardy won't be around for much longer.

Generally we are doing a good job of replacing the champions. But you people have to understand it's not easy. 

Gray really tries. He's a tiny percentage off being a great player for us.

Ndidi is the biggest disappointment of the season for me so far. I thought he was going to be a nearly Kante replacement. Not even close.

We are nearly Everton. And 4 years ago I would have been very happy with that.

Eh?

Leicester had 22 shots, their highest tally in the Premier League this term, while the 12 efforts they mustered from inside the box is second only to the 13 they produced against West Ham.

5 hours ago, davieG said:

Leicester had 22 shots, their highest tally in the Premier League this term, while the 12 efforts they mustered from inside the box is second only to the 13 they produced against West Ham.

I remain dumbfounded by our inability to put any of those chances away.