Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

BHA 1 - 1 Leicester City Post Match Thread

Just now, st albans fox said:

Did u really think so dr? I thought we were in some control before vards came on to push us on further ..........

The play was exactly like the first half and we did not have a further shot on goal.....Vardy changed the game, all of a sudden we had belief

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Great comeback with 10 men. Need to sort out set piece defending again, gave Brighton a cheap goal. Not got a problem with Maddison diving, everybody does it (see good old honest Glen Murray lobbing himself to the ground claiming to have been shoved over by the enormous figure of err Ricardo Peirera). Maddison's problem was he was way too quick to go down. Saw the defender stick his leg out and immediately went down, but the defender was able to withdraw his leg in time. Needed to be more cunning, and wait a split second until there was definitely contact before going down and he might have got the decision. Just too naive and too eager to try to get us back into the game, and nearly ended up costing us. Hopefully he will learn a lesson from it, one of these things that young players need to learn to turn into seasoned professionals with the right "game management" skills.

It was a foolish risk to take immediately after being booked, regardless of whether it's good, clever play. He'll bounce back from it for sure but he let us down a bit today.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

The play was exactly like the first half and we did not have a further shot on goal.....Vardy changed the game, all of a sudden we had belief

Totally agree. First thing he did was put in a cracking challenge and gave it some in front of us away supporters, and all of a sudden we had momentum from nowhere. 

Brilliant stuff from JV and that’s why we love him! The spirit of non league!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

It was a foolish risk to take immediately after being booked, regardless of whether it's good, clever play. He'll bounce back from it for sure but he let us down a bit today.

Agreed. Knowing he was on a booking, he needed to be certain he would get the decision before deciding to go to ground, he was too rash. A smart player will weigh up what the risk is then make his decision, whereas Maddison just went for it without thinking at all. There's definitely an art to knowing what you can get away with and when to do it. For example, Iborra is quite the master of the obvious midfield foul without getting punished.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I agree with those saying 4 sending offs is a concern - the reason behind that is less clear to me though, but the players need to use their brains more.

Yeah every single one has been idiotic. Vardy and one of Morgan’s were a bit unlucky but even then they were stupid decisions that gave the ref a decision to make when there shouldn’t have been one. 

Edited by StriderHiryu

Good man management to drop Vardy and bring him on for that kind of response and his best performance in ages. Second half wasn't boring at all, not sure how anyone can class it as such. Shinji ain't a number 9, Maddisson was a tit today, and Marc Albrighton must have lungs like a blue whale.

I thought we'd get a point prior to kick off, so I'm pleased we managed to do so playing most of the game with 10 men.

Enjoy your evening everyone :scarf:

Decent result and could have won it. Brighton are so negative. Want to score and just see game out. 

Ref was shite again. 

Playing okazaki on his own was only ever going to turn out like that. We had nothing upfront at all until Vardy came on.

Credit to the players for fighting hard until the end, just wish we could start games like that more often not wait to go a goal behind

Just now, Farrington fox said:

Haven’t seen many posts concerning Chilly. Couldn’t listen to 2nd half. What sort of game did he have?

Like a different player recently, unbelievable. He’s started winning the ball high and stopping the cross into the box which were two of my main criticisms of him last year. He’s also Kasper’s outlet and gets us going a lot down the left. 

Incredible improvement.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Why are some fans blaming Puel for Maddison diving? Players have to take responsibility I’m afraid.

really think some of our support have an agenda against Puel 

I burnt my toast this morning and blamed Puel for it.