Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

BHA 1 - 1 Leicester City Post Match Thread

12 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Why is it anyone who doesn’t like Puel has an “agenda” we want what’s right for the club and it’s not Puel! What signs of improvement have there been under him? And don’t hit me with mid table crap! 

The good doctor made posts yesterday which were all from the same base point ...... if I missed a positive one then I apologise but we drew away from home with ten men for an hour against a side whose form at home was 3-1-1. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah...OK. Something that we've achieved for perhaps 5% of our existence and you're not happy with it.

Jesus wept.

You’re not big on reading are you,I said it would be a good achievement in a more competitive league,fact is Puel hasn’t had to get a good run of performances or results to achieve mid table since he’s been here,take out his first few games his stats are fairly crap. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

The good doctor made posts yesterday which were all from the same base point ...... if I missed a positive one then I apologise but we drew away from home with ten men for an hour against a side whose form at home was 3-1-1. 

Do you honestly think we base our opinion game by game? No I’ve wanted Puel out since last January he’s done nothing to anywhere near change my mind since!

Guest Col city fan
3 hours ago, Max Wall said:

I don't think that's necessarily true is it Matt? There are plenty of people just left and right of centre on this. The same arguments keep appearing because it's usually the same suspects in the Puel out camp and the usual suspects defending him on the other side. By my reckoning, lots of people are somewhere in the middle but they probably cba commenting on it anymore. The argument just keeps going round in circles and it becomes tiring and boring.

For my part, there's obviously plenty of improvements to be made but I'm of a mind that some stability was needed after the end of Claudio's reign and the short period Shakey was in charge. Rightly or wrongly, I'm actually prepared to put up with inconsistencies while the squad is trimmed in age and they attempt to evolve from the counter attacking team they were. 

I’m somewhere in the middle.

There does seem to be a discipline issue. Morgan’s reds and Maddison was bloody stupid yesterday.

And we can go 45 minutes in any given game and play turgidly.

BUT you can’t knock our league position either.

As I said weeks back, I think it’ll peter out to a rather dull mid table ending. We’ll be safe but won’t do much other than that I don’t think

A good cup run would be nice

Edited by Col city fan

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

There does seem to be a discipline issue. Morgan’s reds and Maddison was bloody stupid yesterday.

As I said weeks back, I think it’ll peter out to a rather dull mid table ending. We’ll be safe but won’t do much other than that I don’t think

I'm torn, the tragedy of Vichai makes me think it would be untimely to replace him any time soon and we are also in very little danger of the relegation zone but then again we've had quite an easy start to the season and aren't particularly taking advantage of it. The run of rough games to come could see us move closer to the muck at the bottom. 

I'm alarmed at the strange team selections, the 3 defenders on the bench when 2 of them in Fuchs and Simpson will never play. The lack of discipline, the turgid football for spells in games and the lack of options going forward. Theres plenty of promising young players but theres no guarantee they'll succeed and that this project will see us build something great. 

January is a crucial month for us, if we dont bring Barnes back or get some extra quality in in midfield and up front then I've got to question the managers and clubs ambition. It all feels like we could be so much better but we just do enough to do ok and we're settling for it.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

9 sendings off under Puel (it could be more) is an absolute disgrace. I'm amazed we haven't been fined heavily for it.

When our captain can sent sent off twice by November and his place in the team is still untouchable, it doesnt really set a good prescedent for discipline. Anyone getting reds need dropping. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Do you honestly think we base our opinion game by game? No I’ve wanted Puel out since last January he’s done nothing to anywhere near change my mind since!

Are you and the doc from the ‘people’s front of Judea’ or the ‘judean people’s front’ ?

seriously, of course people are entitled to their opinions- I was just pointing out that being negative the whole time and only coming from one angle is a bit tiresome - the whole thing isn’t always bad  - nothing ever is ......

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Are you and the doc from the ‘people’s front of Judea’ or the ‘judean people’s front’ ?

seriously, of course people are entitled to their opinions- I was just pointing out that being negative the whole time and only coming from one angle is a bit tiresome - the whole thing isn’t always bad  - nothing ever is ......

I wouldn't say nothing, many things are always bad (rape, earthquakes, nuclear holocaust, Spurs...), but your point stands nonetheless.

Positives from yesterday for me:

- Vardy's energy and the way he lifted the entire team and the fans.  How many other teams have a player who can even get close to doing that?  

- Iheanacho's first touch was much better and I liked his reaction when he won the penalty.  A decent effort just wide near the end too.

- the interplay between Ricardo and Albrighton in attack and defence

- Schmeichel's save in the first half

- the way the team fought back in the second half.  You couldn't tell we were a man down

- the song for Vichai

Sure, not everything was great:

- Okazaki on his own up front was a strange choice

- Too much aimless passing in the first half

- Poor defending for the first goal.  It was way too easy for Murray

- Maddison's dive (although at least he apologised)

- Iborra looked off the pace and then got injured

I thought a draw was a fair result, and not bad against a side with a good home record.  We're mid-table in the premiership and building a decent young team.  Lots to look forward to in the coming months

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You think our discipline record is acceptable? Even Wimbledon in the late 80's didnt get that many a season!

No, just bored with some of the ‘anti-Puel’ stuff.

Last season we were 11th in the fair play league - just saying

I don’t find our football dull, at times we play some really good stuff it just tends to go awry in the final third. 

There was a time when I thought we needed to man up and get a little more physical. Now I think we need to wise up and get smart. 

We we need to stop making life difficult for ourselves. Stop conceding first and try keeping eleven on the pitch. 

I can forgive Maddison taking one for the team with his first yellow to stop the break but the dive three minutes later :nigel: . Similar Wes picking up a yellow for a bad tackle near your own penalty area but not another on the halfway line. 

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You think our discipline record is acceptable? Even Wimbledon in the late 80's didnt get that many a season!

It's not good enough but it's hardly Puel's fault it's not as if they're for enciuraged dangerous play or arguing with officials etc. We've certainly had a hard time from refs when you see what other teams get away with in nearly every other game.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

That's what is strange about the dichotomy between Puel out and Puel in. We all want the club to be successful. No one, whichever camp they are in, is entirely satisfied.

For every pro argument, there's a con argument and lots of people actually see them both and form their opinion from that.Some don't.

The discipline is a problem, as is the propensity to only start once we're behind. The recruitment is a topic all on it's own which predates Puel but has also continued under his stewardship. These are all genuine concerns.

Having said that, and at the risk of being called unambitious, I wanted us to stick with Puel before the recent events for all reasons of some stability. These seasons since the title win have been a whirlwind of activity with players and managers coming in and out and I'd question the wisdom of changing management again anyway without all the extra pressure the events of a few weeks ago has put on the club.

• Like 2