Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

BHA 1 - 1 Leicester City Post Match Thread

4 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Absolutely. I don't think there's a discussion to be had about dropping Vardy. Yes he did great and didn't seem to cause any damage, but we are fortunate.

For me the discussion should all be around Puel's decisions not to start Nacho up front. That's the bit which doesn't make sense to me at all.

It could quite easily be he was knackered after playing for Nigeria mid week and with Vardy not 100% and us having a game on Tuesday, perhaps Puel thought it better to rest him? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rachhere said:

Absolutely. I don't think there's a discussion to be had about dropping Vardy. Yes he did great and didn't seem to cause any damage, but we are fortunate.

For me the discussion should all be around Puel's decisions not to start Nacho up front. That's the bit which doesn't make sense to me at all.

Indeed, there are plenty of questionable decisions that Puel makes without dreaming up other ones to attack him over as well.

Not sure if he was asked about his decision on playing him, but I'd imagine if had something to do with Nacho being away on National duty. He probably didn't report back until Thursday. Where as I don't think Okazaki was away, meaning he'd been around all the time training and prepping for the game. It's a reasonable decision to make IMO. But it's fair enough to ask the question of the decision, as Okazaki isn't a threat.

Edited by Babylon

6 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

It could quite easily be he was knackered after playing for Nigeria mid week and with Vardy not 100% and us having a game on Tuesday, perhaps Puel thought it better to rest him? 

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Indeed, there are plenty of questionable decisions that Puel makes without dreaming up other ones to attack him over as well.

Not sure if he was asked about his decision on playing him, but I'd imagine if had something to do with Nacho being away on National duty. He probably didn't report back until Thursday. Where are I don't think Okazaki was away, meaning he'd been around all the time training and prepping for the game. It's a reasonable decision to make IMO. But it's fair enough to ask the question of the decision, as Okazaki isn't a threat.

This would make most sense. The plan was no doubt Vardy up front on Saturday, Nacho for Tuesday, and then that all got blown out when Vardy was struggling. If you don't have the players you don't have the players at the end of the day. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Not sure if he was asked about his decision on playing him, but I'd imagine if had something to do with Nacho being away on National duty. He probably didn't report back until Thursday. Where as I don't think Okazaki was away, meaning he'd been around all the time training and prepping for the game. It's a reasonable decision to make IMO. But it's fair enough to ask the question of the decision, as Okazaki isn't a threat.

The last Hoora for Shinji,perhaps!!!  To show/test the legend is on his way out!!!!

If Puel picked him again starting as the main attack,and not try something else....would be for Sacrilage...(thought I thought it was worth a punt)!!

From Sky Sports, seems like an accurate summary of the match and performance to me!

Leicester: B

Leicester were so poor in their first half at Brighton they were heading towards D or E territory by the break, with a stoppage-time trundler from Shinji Okazaki which ran straight to Mat Ryan being their best chance.

From there, however, they showed much more purpose as Jamie Vardy and, to a lesser extent, Kelechi Iheanacho came on to inject much-needed vigour into their performance and salvage a draw.

James Maddison's red card didn't help Leicester at all but the way his team-mates dug in latterly to take a point, especially considering the difficult month they have had, was wholly commendable. (Andrew Dickson)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Our penalty was offside and their off side which led to a 1on1 and a chance to put the game to bed was actually on side... And people are moaning about the ref?

Sounds like we got extremely lucky despite our stupid first half tactics and formation which demonstrated exactly what it deserved. 

Second half we we looked good driving forward on the break and creating space combined with speed/pace. We just look clueless and daft in ‘slow based’ possession with so little creativity, especially in the first half.

I get what you're saying but it's the assistant that didn't give the offside against us and did against them, nothing to do with the ref. 

The trouble is with the style of football we try to play with the players we have. They just ain't good enough. We have one or 2 that can and that's not enough. 

Playing 2 defensive midfielders from the start is something that bugs me most games. I get it against teams that will come at us all game like Man city or Liverpool but not Burnley FFS. 

6 hours ago, rachhere said:

That would indeed be the point. Was a bit mind-boggling but I suppose that it maybe has something to do with Nacho playing for Nigeria at the AFCON.

Wouldn't be too harsh on Shinji, though. He was far from being effective but he didn't play for a long while now and with Maddison being quickly out, his fate was sealed.

I'm personally for bringing back Slim in january. He's been more proficient than Nacho and we really could make use of him as a target man, especially in Puel's system. The decision to loan him out still makes no sense to me.

Edited by That_Dude

2 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

I'm personally for bringing back Slim in january. He's been more proficient than Nacho and we really could make use of him as a target man, especially in Puel's system. The decision to loan him out still makes no sense to me.

By the sounds of things it was a case of him not wanting to be here, and others not particularly wanting him here either. 

He wasn't as terrible as some people make out - still got good memories of that goal against Liverpool... but I think he faded towards the end because of a lack of effort, sadly. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I would imagine that Puel asked Vardy or the physio what he could give, and was probably told 30 ish minutes. 

I would imagine Vardy wasnt asked.....

Just now, rachhere said:

By the sounds of things it was a case of him not wanting to be here, and others not particularly wanting him here either. 

He wasn't as terrible as some people make out - still got good memories of that goal against Liverpool... but I think he faded towards the end because of a lack of effort, sadly. 

Yeah, I heard that too. Could understand that he wanted to play more but there was no way he could get ahead of Vardy unless he pulled up trees at every game, something that should've been clear from the very beginning. As for him falling out with other players in the dressing room; I really don't know. Every time he scored, he was hugged by his team mates but it naturally doesn't tell the whole story.

All in all his goal ratio was pretty decent considering that he never got two, three consecutive games and his aerial threat is badly needed. Wasted 30M at the end of the day.

Just now, Max Wall said:

Oh dear. I'm out before this thread descends to the inevitable conclusion again.

Every post-match thread turns into a "Puel in/out" thead since he ever came here. It's the same group of people sniping at every single mistake in every single game to fuel the "discussion". Last in date the false red cards/indiscipline" debate.

It's depressing.

On a side note and off-topic, a message to the mods. I'm under a post restriction which doesn't allow me to write more than 10-15 comment per day and I'd like to ask why:

- Is it because I am a newbie who shouldn't post so often and first learn from the wisdom of the older posters?

- Am I considered as a subversive element susceptible of harming the LCFC fans morale, thus kept in check?

- Are my posts so boring that more than 10 of them would cause the forum's posters to pass out?

I'd be glad to hear a reply from any moderator as to why and how long this punishment will last.

6 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Every post-match thread turns into a "Puel in/out" thead since he ever came here. It's the same group of people sniping at every single mistake in every single game to fuel the "discussion". Last in date the false red cards/indiscipline" debate.

It's depressing.

On a side note and off-topic, a message to the mods. I'm under a post restriction which doesn't allow me to write more than 10-15 comment per day and I'd like to ask why:

- Is it because I am a newbie who shouldn't post so often and first learn from the wisdom of the older posters?

- Am I considered as a subversive element susceptible of harming the LCFC fans morale, thus kept in check?

- Are my posts so boring that more than 10 of them would cause the forum's posters to pass out?

I'd be glad to hear a reply from any moderator as to why and how long this punishment will last.

Subversive element lol

I'd message Mark. He'd be the one to ask.

Guest Col city fan
6 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I would imagine that Puel asked Vardy or the physio what he could give, and was probably told 30 ish minutes. 

5 stars for a complete assumption on your part!

Meh!

What is the forum coming to?

:P

9 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Playing Shinji alone upfront was just stupid. My mate who’s a Brighton fan said it gave them all a lift when they saw Puel’s starting XI. I like CP, but I was seriously pi$$ed off with picking a team that make absolutely no sense on any level.

1 minute ago, AylestoneRaider said:

Playing Shinji alone upfront was just stupid. My mate who’s a Brighton fan said it gave them all a lift when they saw Puel’s starting XI. I like CP, but I was seriously pi$$ed off with picking a team that make absolutely no sense on any level.

I get what you are saying, however to me it shows we lack players in that position. Shinji will be out of contract soon anyway, so i'd like to think the lack of depth in the striker position will be addressed in January. 

First half was as pathetic and uninspiring as is possible. Not been on here for ages so sorry to inevitably regurgitate what I’m sure dozens of other have said, but Puel should be getting so much more out of this squad. They look fairly organised and very shackled to me. I miss the excitement of following Leicester. 

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Meh!

If you're going to attempt humour, you need to be a lot better reader of English to catch me out clearly not assuming anything. Please note that I said, with great care, 'I would imagine'. 

Back to school Col, but nice try. 

Edited by HighPeakFox

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Meh!

11 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

If you're going to attempt humour, you need to be a lot better reader of English to catch me out clearly not assuming anything. Please note that I said, with great care, 'I would imagine'. 

Back to school Col, but nice try. 

image.jpeg.a761fa83f643b2a1525790cd2fde29ad.jpeg

• Haha 2