Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

BHA 1 - 1 Leicester City Post Match Thread

6 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Also, Albrington and Ricardo both played excellent direct football. Remember that Albrington didn’t play much until recent games, which coincided with improved form from Vardy.

It's clicking more with those two working together. Long may it continue. 

• Like 2

A well fought and a well deserved point, much better in the second half despite 10 men, we could've even won.

First half was unsurprisingly crap, Okazaki up front on his own was never going to work, we struggled to keep the ball and Maddison was an absolute idiot to get himself sent off.

Second half we responded extremely well, we were the better team for the majority of it, last few mins though was extremely nervy stuff. 

Proud of the fighting spirit, few things still need addressing but we'll take that result all day long.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LesterHall said:

City outplayed Brighton for 45 minutes 10 vs. 11. The players AND the manager deserve credit for that.

This.

I also want to add there should be a level of carefulness for the players not get caught into actions that warrant a 2nd yellow/Red Card, especially in the 1st half. But other than that good game and point with 10 men. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chester Dontlie said:

And you call me touchy! :P We were a different team since Vards came on for Gray

It’s surprising that we’re a better team with strikers that can score play isn’t it lol 

Edited by Stadt

I'm sorry to say but the team only came to light when Vardy came on the pitch.  The managers half time etc had no effect.

It's not clear to me, but i dont believe the players are playing for the coach, they look lost today and a lucky penalty saved us, but only until Vardy came on did the players believe..

I'm really concerned Puel is garbage

• Like 4

Ricardo was superb,  not just going forward but in his own third - as indeed he has been in the past few matches. His defending has already improved dramatically.

Vardy as an impact sub may indeed be a glimpse of the future. Would he have showed that kind of intent if he’d started? It’s a fair question, based on his performances the this season. And Nacho, while great today, needs to do this consistently. It’s not a matter of needing game time - he’s had plenty of game time this year and done little with most of it.

• Like 1

Great comeback with 10 men. Need to sort out set piece defending again, gave Brighton a cheap goal. Not got a problem with Maddison diving, everybody does it (see good old honest Glen Murray lobbing himself to the ground claiming to have been shoved over by the enormous figure of err Ricardo Peirera). Maddison's problem was he was way too quick to go down. Saw the defender stick his leg out and immediately went down, but the defender was able to withdraw his leg in time. Needed to be more cunning, and wait a split second until there was definitely contact before going down and he might have got the decision. Just too naive and too eager to try to get us back into the game, and nearly ended up costing us. Hopefully he will learn a lesson from it, one of these things that young players need to learn to turn into seasoned professionals with the right "game management" skills.

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

I'm sorry to say but the team only came to light when Vardy came on the pitch.  The managers half time etc had no effect.

It's not clear to me, but i dont believe the players are playing for the coach, they look lost today and a lucky penalty saved us, but only until Vardy came on did the players believe..

I'm really concerned Puel is garbage

Did u really think so dr? I thought we were in some control before vards came on to push us on further ..........

• Like 4

It was Richie Wellens fault for the appalling first half, much better second half. Maddison should be made to sit on the naughty step for possiblyy costing us three points with CP on the step at the top for playing Okazaki on his own. On the plus side a Cp decision to make the change with Darth Vardy changed the game and in the end City could have won, but has as already been said, a point was a good result today.

Have to be impressed with the grit they showed.  Once Albrighton/Richard/Chilwell find their rhythm and start pushing forward this becomes a different team.  Would like to see a goal or two vs the run of play at some point, but will gladly take a point today after the start.

• Like 2

That was a very good point - down to 10 men for over an hour, from behind and on the road to side with very good home form. Think when all is said and done we have to pleased with the outcome and give credit to the response at HT from Puel and the players. Vardy was outstanding. Iheanacho also looked far more positive coming off the bench today.

Discipline is massive issue. I like the fact we play with our hearts on our sleeves and fight for every point and think it's a huge part of our identity but we rack up far too many red cards. We've been playing with 10 men in almost 25% of our games this season. That can only be detrimental to our overall league position. Maddison can count his lucky stars his teammates rescued something today, idiotic dive straight after a yellow.

1 minute ago, Pete from the USA said:

Nice to see Iborra get some game time. They need to work him into the lineup more often so he doesn't leave. Rotating Ndidi, Mendy, Iborra through the midfield duo seems sensible. 

That might be one of the last times he plays for us ...... will miss a couple weeks at least and unless he gets a run out over the festive period ...............

In the end a good day’s entertainment! Awful first half and Maddison needs to have a long hard look at himself. But Vardy coming on changed the game and if anything, we deserved to win it! Great heart and Puel deserves some credit for changing it because in the end taking Gray off before Shinji turned out to be a good move as Albrighton who I personally would have taken off had a stormer and was one of our most dangerous players. 

Agree with those saying the starting lineup was weak but with the fixtures coming up rotation is going to be needed. If anything it just shows our known lack of attacking options. Both Maddison and Iborra who are considered more of our creative players had poor games before they came off. You’d have to say that with our current performances that Harvey Barnes would really be worth considering.

Overall I’m relatively satisfied.

• Like 3