Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

BHA 1 - 1 Leicester City Post Match Thread

Poor first half but really battled and deserved the point. I would’ve taken a point at the start of the game. Brighton are well drilled, good at home and are very tough to beat. They get most of their points at the Amex.

We were without Maguire, had Maddison sent off and Vardy not fully fit. Makes the point look even better imo. A great testament to how we played in the second half and the fact Vardy led from the front conveys how Puel really still has the dressing room.

Onto watford 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Why are some fans blaming Puel for Maddison diving? Players have to take responsibility I’m afraid.

really think some of our support have an agenda against Puel 

I'm conviced some of them have an agenda, i'm not conviced all of them are LCFC fans...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I agree with those saying 4 sending offs is a concern - the reason behind that is less clear to me though, but the players need to use their brains more.

This is quite possibly the thickest squad we've had in years when you think about some of the characters we've got in it.

I'm surprised half of them can tie their own shoe laces tbf.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Ofc he should have started. That starting 11 was appalling. 

14 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'd say Claud was just giving him the extra few days to recover and also saving him for Tuesday.

Clever is being clever ....Tuesday is a bigger game and Vardy has a busy six weeks upcoming ........

• Like 1

I thought we showed intent and desire from the start of the 2nd half, before Vardy came on. I'm not at all knocking his contribution, nor his effect on both their defense and our team, since the guy certainly (can) lead from the front, but I don't credit him entirely for the change of belief and attitude we showed.

We were crap for most of the first half (it happens) but the important thing is that we got over it and didn't let our heads drop. We could have won that and it'd wouldn't have been an injustice. Our work rate 2nd half, chasing and pressing, was immense. Not the prettiest we've ever played but credit where it's due - we dug ourselves out of that one.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, yks said:

I'm conviced some of them have an agenda, i'm not conviced all of them are LCFC fans...

Really?

Our current style of play hurts my eyes.

I want us to play with a bit of dynamism and enthusiasm. 

Win or lose, don’t mind so much. 

A year of turgid, slow, predictable, sideways, Puelball is starting to have an effect on me. 

I love the youth concept that he has, I detest the football that he plays. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Buce said:

He will from people who understand football.

For the rest, he's only responsible for when we play badly.

Is this a joke, what options did he have?  It was not rocket science even my boy could have come with that one.  Come on guys, the only person that made that team tick was Vardy, the formation of My kind would make no difference, the team.only had believe until he came on the pitch.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Milo said:

Really?

Our current style of play hurts my eyes.

I want us to play with a bit of dynamism and enthusiasm. 

Win or lose, don’t mind so much. 

A year of turgid, slow, predictable, sideways, Puelball is starting to have an effect on me. 

I love the youth concept that he has, I detest the football that he plays. 

This argument is fine, except we've been pretty poor to watch since the title win, largely, and what we're watching now is not as bad as that was.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Why are some fans blaming Puel for Maddison diving? Players have to take responsibility I’m afraid.

really think some of our support have an agenda against Puel 

29 minutes ago, KFS said:

The reds this year have been down to the players. Morgan’s second yellow could have been avoided, but the majority have been stupidity on their part. If you think it’s Puel’s fault you’re clearly looking for a scapegoat.

I don't have an agenda against Puel. I'm still yet to be convinced, but I think we could do worse, and I want him to succeed.

I just think it's entirely plausible that the lack of discipline is at least partly down to him. Can anyone on here imagine a Leicester team managed by Pearson racking up 4 red cards in a third of a season? I can't imagine that team getting that many in a whole season.

I get it. I know it's tempting to think that the players are wholly responsible for their actions on the pitch. However, there are outside influences. The biggest being the man in charge of them. I know that, for example, Maddison taking a dive is a split second, heat-of-the-moment decision that he made on his own, but would he have done the same thing if he had in the back of his mind a potential bollocking, or spell frozen out on the sidelines, or whatever else a stricter boss might decide to do?

I believe a manager of a football team, or anything else, has a certain amount of control over the behaviour of their staff. If one manager flies off the handle at people who make bad challenges or dive, and another manager isn't that bothered, I think it's rational to think the team managed by the former will pick up fewer cards.

• Like 3