Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

BHA 1 - 1 Leicester City Post Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Is this a joke, what options did he have?  It was not rocket science even my boy could have come with that one.  Come on guys, the only person that made that team tick was Vardy, the formation of My kind would make no difference, the team.only had believe until he came on the pitch.

It really did make a difference though. Of course Vardy galvanized the team but going with 3 in the middle was a bold call and they were all outstanding. We would have been 1 striker light otherwise and still on the back foot.

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

It really did make a difference though. Of course Vardy galvanized the team but going with 3 in the middle was a bold call and they were all outstanding. We would have been 1 striker light otherwise and still on the back foot.

What did it do before Vardy?  Nothing much, it was a tactical play any under 7's Sunday league manager would do.

Puel clearly has an eye on Tuesday night with today's team selection.

Vardy starts and doesn't last the 90 and potentially he doesn't play Tuesday. 

I'd expect a strong line up on Tuesday night.  Let's be honest, a 7th/8th to mid table finish is as good as it will get in the league this season - but take a cup competition seriously enough (this time round) and I'd take that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

This argument is fine, except we've been pretty poor to watch since the title win, largely, and what we're watching now is not as bad as that was.

100% agree

Claudio’s second season anti-football was awful. 

Shakey is no manager, and it showed. 

Doesn’t mean we need to celebrate Claude’s dreariness, though. 

• Like 1

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

I enjoyed Man U away, Wolves at home, Cardiff away.... I can forgive a good start then bad football compounded by a sending off.

You’re happy with Claude. 

I’m not. 

Neither opinion is is more valid than the other. 

Btw - United were there for the taking and Wolves we were lucky as fvck...!!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Always - but I also know we could do an awful lot worse too. I could give you a list of undesirable managers if you like...

Why would you want to do that?

There are loads of Claude supporters on here. I am simply stating that his style of football eats away at my soul a little bit every week. 

The fact that it could be worse under a more undesirable manager doesn’t really change that for me. 

• Like 4

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

I can't get over how baffling that line-up was, I get keeping Vardy on his toes but Shinjis had barely any game time this season and when he as he's been utter dog

Vardy is recovering from an injury and Puel is thinking about Tuesday

Nacho had a bad game against Burnley and didnt warrant a start today based on that. However he came on and did well, almost got a winner, so Puel's decision there seems like a good one to me

Yes Shinji hasnt offered much recently, but with no other stand out options it is not illogical to give him a chance

Nothing that baffling about Puel's decisions

And in hindsight, even though Maddison got himself sent off like a muppet we got a draw away from home and Brighton are no mugs

Man United failed to score at home to Palace today. I appreciate the point we won today, not to be sneezed at

4 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I can't get over how baffling that line-up was, I get keeping Vardy on his toes but Shinjis had barely any game time this season and when he as he's been utter dog

VARDY HAS A GROIN ISSUE ..... WE ARE TRYING TO PROTECT HIM 

if we are clever then he will be able to play every game over the next six weeks 

Bigger question would be why Kelechi didn’t start although after two games for Nigeria, I guess Claude wants him to start Tuesday with vards 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Milo said:

Really?

Our current style of play hurts my eyes.

I want us to play with a bit of dynamism and enthusiasm. 

Win or lose, don’t mind so much. 

A year of turgid, slow, predictable, sideways, Puelball is starting to have an effect on me. 

I love the youth concept that he has, I detest the football that he plays. 

I cant imagine Puel actually wants them to play without enthusaism or dynamism. 

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Vardy is recovering from an injury and Puel is thinking about Tuesday

Nacho had a bad game against Burnley and didnt warrant a start today based on that. However he came on and did well, almost got a winner, so Puel's decision there seems like a good one to me

Yes Shinji hasnt offered much recently, but with no other stand out options it is not illogical to give him a chance

Nothing that baffling about Puel's decisions

And in hindsight, even though Maddison got himself sent off like a muppet we got a draw away from home and Brighton are no mugs

Man United failed to score at home to Palace today. I appreciate the point we won today, not to be sneezed at

How is playing Shinji as a lone striker not baffling, he's only relatively useful in a two. Even with Nacho's poor Burnley game he easily warrants a place over Shinji