Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

BHA 1 - 1 Leicester City Post Match Thread

30 minutes ago, Corky said:

It's all games, Vardy missed Fleetwood as one of his suspended matches.

Yeah but that was a straight red. I thought he’d be suspended for Tuesday too but someone on Twitter claims because it’s two yellows he’ll only be banned for the league game?

4 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

How is playing Shinji as a lone striker not baffling, he's only relatively useful in a two. Even with Nacho's poor Burnley game he easily warrants a place over Shinji

But its not like Shinji has never played that position. Just rarely for us

Maybe Puel thought it wouldnt be a good idea to start Nacho and he may well have been right

Hopefully we play a strong side on Tuesday, have a good game and go through. A win Tuesday and a draw today is a good couple of results for us

24 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Regardless of that red card decision, how awful was that referee?

Utterly clueless. I think you'd miss so much watching that on TV but going on what was a yellow for us, Murray should have a accumulated about 6 yellows but definitely should have had 3 anyway.

Not been at a game like that where the ref was the focal point of all emotion as early as the first half, in a long time.

Is he somebody's mate?:dunno:

16 minutes ago, Milo said:

Why would you want to do that?

There are loads of Claude supporters on here. I am simply stating that his style of football eats away at my soul a little bit every week. 

The fact that it could be worse under a more undesirable manager doesn’t really change that for me. 

I'd get that last season but this season we've still played some good football, just not enough of it and not consistently enough.

I'm surprised you still have a soul after watching second season Claudio if this is the case.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Milo said:

Why would you want to do that?

There are loads of Claude supporters on here. I am simply stating that his style of football eats away at my soul a little bit every week. 

The fact that it could be worse under a more undesirable manager doesn’t really change that for me. 

Ok fine - did it eat away at you in 16/17 and 17/18?

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

I'm sorry to say but the team only came to light when Vardy came on the pitch.  The managers half time etc had no effect.

It's not clear to me, but i dont believe the players are playing for the coach, they look lost today and a lucky penalty saved us, but only until Vardy came on did the players believe..

I'm really concerned Puel is garbage

And I’m sorry to say you are one of those moaning bell e...s that expect every match we should win home or away very tiring in the extreme 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mazarron fox said:

And I’m sorry to say you are one of those moaning bell e...s that expect every match we should win home or away very tiring in the extreme 

That's your opinion, but that's bull, I've supported Puel even when we have lost, or lime the last match, I just see what I see in Puel

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milo said:

Really?

Our current style of play hurts my eyes.

I want us to play with a bit of dynamism and enthusiasm. 

Win or lose, don’t mind so much. 

A year of turgid, slow, predictable, sideways, Puelball is starting to have an effect on me. 

I love the youth concept that he has, I detest the football that he plays. 

I don't have any issue with that, eveybody has the right to enjoy the way his team play but I have with people blaming him for every negative stuff, individual mistakes, brainfarts from the players, unlucky games and never acknowledge the good things he does.

For instance today some people said Maddison red card was kind of his fault while the spirit and tactical changes made after the break had nothing to do with him.
It's so ludicrous and stupid I can't see how anyone with a semi functional brain could say that without having an agenda.

Edited by yks
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I can't get over how baffling that line-up was, I get keeping Vardy on his toes but Shinjis had barely any game time this season and when he as he's been utter dog

Puel said Vardy was struggling with an injury and was touch and go. In that sense he handled the lineup well because when Vardy came on he made the difference but might not have done if he started. If he was 100% fit he’d definitely start because he’s our best striker by a country mile. With a big cup game coming up and getting a point in the end, I think the manager got it right. 

Starting just Shinji over Nacho I’ll grant you is off but Nacho has been massively underwhelming of recent. He did win the penalty but dragged a shot wide near the end... we are still waiting for the Nacho moment for him to really come to life, so whilst I didn’t agree with the decision it made some sense.

TBH I really feel like we could do with Slimani back as a different striker. I don’t think Vardy and Slimani work well together but Slimani did score a decent amount of goals. We are an overall decent side but we are too goal shy. For the last 3 seasons we’ve relied upon Vardy and Mahrez and one is gone now. IMO for us to be any better than 9-12th (if we even finish there) we need to both create more and find some more players that can consistently find the back of the net and have that ruthless / clinical edge. Perhaps Gray / Maddison / Barnes could become these players else it will have to be a signing. Playing this type of football needs one or two players with an X-Factor we don’t yet have. Our offensive options as both starters and to change the game are just too mediocre as it stands. 

As I’ve said before I was massively disappointed with Maddison and Iborra even before the sending off. Both were poor today whereas everyone else I felt at least put a shift in. Vardy, Albrighton, Mendy and Chilwell were pretty good in the second half. Gray I thought was unlucky to be hauled off but it turned out to be a good decision. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Ok fine - did it eat away at you in 16/17 and 17/18?

Not really sure why you seem to be taking this personally, bud. 

I have said that I like his youth policy, but don’t like his football. 

You are as as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.  Happy to agree to disagree. 

Bits of some games are good. A lot of it isn’t. 

I don't blame Claude for every player mistake, clearly. But there is, imo, a bit of blame to be levelled at him for some of the turgid displays that we seem to have been subjected to over the past year. 

• Like 2

Looks like I missed a tale of two halves. Onwards to Tuesday!

Glad to see we took a point from this. We truly are our own worst enemies with all of the red cards, though. We’d probably be in contention for a Europa League place at the moment if we weren’t constantly playing with 10. 

Tremendous second half showing after a shambles of a first half. Been here before though haven't we? In fact, this is the story of Puel's reign. Seems to me that we have a very talented squad that is incapable of 90 decent minutes in one good session for some reason or other. Difficult to come to any other conclusion that the Manager has to take responsibility, surely. Not really rocket science is it? And Vardy single handedly got Claude out of jail today. We can be so much better than this. .

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Looks like I missed a tale of two halves. Onwards to Tuesday!

Glad to see we took a point from this. We truly are our own worst enemies with all of the red cards, though. We’d probably be in contention for a Europa League place at the moment if we weren’t constantly playing with 10. 

The red card was an excuse, the tactics and subs were Cluedes doing.  Unfortunately he showed how shit he is.

• Like 1