Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

BHA 1 - 1 Leicester City Post Match Thread

5 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Correct.Not sure if this is irony..... but I agree.He is riding an easy horse here with the infrastructure in place.He will get found out.

He might well do but he might also end up building the foundations of a really good team for the future. Chilwell was brilliant again today I thought he is as Puel says “the complete player.” IF Puel could get Gray, Maddison, Barnes, Nacho, etc to the same level we’d have a cracking team.

I’ll admit though that our performance in the first 55 minutes was like watching paint dry!

But in the end we got something from the game and it wasn’t just by hoofing it. A combination of Albrighton, Vardy, Chilwell, Mendy got us back into it. More guts and glory than sexy football but in a position where one player had a complete brain fart, as a team we turned it round.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Gevans_97 said:

I think the fact that we always play better in the second half actually says a lot about how adept Puel is in understanding the game and turning the tactics around in our favour. Another great change in emphasis that got us back from the dead. Going into HT I thought, this could be 2 or 3 by the end, but credit to Puel and the lads. 

Why cant Puel be sufficiently adept to have us playing well in first halves too?

credit for the turnaround but that first half today was fookin awful.

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Why cant Puel be sufficiently adept to have us playing well in first halves too?

credit for the turnaround but that first half today was fookin awful.

I think he can. 

We will get there or my name isn't Kevin Sandwiches.

• Haha 4

that’s our 4th red card in only 13 games. that’s astonishing. if we keep that rate up we’d be on target for about 15 red cards just in the premier league this season.  we can’t keep doing this. it could undermine every ounce of effort we are putting into the season.

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

Utterly clueless. I think you'd miss so much watching that on TV but going on what was a yellow for us, Murray should have a accumulated about 6 yellows but definitely should have had 3 anyway.

Not been at a game like that where the ref was the focal point of all emotion as early as the first half, in a long time.

Is he somebody's mate?:dunno:

It’s the same ref that screwed us at Arsenal, the same ref that we generally get shit decisions from. 

A referee making themselves the focal point? Don’t believe it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

It’s the same ref that screwed us at Arsenal, the same ref that we generally get shit decisions from. 

A referee making themselves the focal point? Don’t believe it. 

You can say what you like about the ref, but the petulant kick out to bring the Brighton player down for the first yellow, swiftly followed by the dive for a penalty brought a deserved second yellow. Sometimes you just can’t blame the ref. Whether other decisions were wrong or not I’m not sure. 

1 minute ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

You can say what you like about the ref, but the petulant kick out to bring the Brighton player down for the first yellow, swiftly followed by the dive for a penalty brought a deserved second yellow. Sometimes you just can’t blame the ref. Whether other decisions were wrong or not I’m not sure. 

Not blaming the ref at all. Maddison deserved to be sent off. But if you see a lot of his decisions and not just today have been very dubious towards us. Remember the arsenal game in October?

A blatant penalty and second yellow denied amongst other yellows not given. 

Today, Glenn Murray should’ve been sent off, for numerous yellow card offences but instead the ref has let Murray seemingly try and ref the game. We should’ve maybe had a penalty in the first half. Their players constantly kicked the ball away and only

one got booked for it. 

He’s out of his depth. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Not blaming the ref at all. Maddison deserved to be sent off. But if you see a lot of his decisions and not just today have been very dubious towards us. Remember the arsenal game in October?

A blatant penalty and second yellow denied amongst other yellows not given. 

Today, Glenn Murray should’ve been sent off, for numerous yellow card offences but instead the ref has let Murray seemingly try and ref the game. We should’ve maybe had a penalty in the first half. Their players constantly kicked the ball away and only

one got booked for it. 

He’s out of his depth. 

I think you need at least one yellow card to have a chance of being sent off for receiving a second ........maybe that’s where our boys are going wrong ......Murray knew he didn’t have a card so he could continue to push it .....our players sometimes fail to appreciate that they have picked up a yellow ........

4 minutes ago, Gillies Apprentice said:

Sorry but can’t agree with you - although none of us would have predicted that starting line up ,Claude picks the team on what he’s seen in training and info from his technical advisors.

I was at the game and saw a virtually heroic performance to hold out with 10 men and then ,with well judged subs , snatch a draw and nearly win it .

To try and spin today’s game in an anti Puel post is well wide of the mark . 

Was a good second half but Vardy got Puel out of jail today. He looked fit enough to have started so who was responsible for leaving him out? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, l444ry said:

Was a good second half but Vardy got Puel out of jail today. He looked fit enough to have started so who was responsible for leaving him out? 

Or maybe Vardy wasn't fit enough to start, but Vardy dug in and gave everything he had and more to salvage the game for us?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, brucey said:

Or maybe Vardy wasn't fit enough to start, but Vardy dug in and gave everything he had and more to salvage the game for us?

Hope not. Shouldn't be on the bench if he's not fit. This is the second time that Puel has left Vardy out in recent weeks so not convinced personally Brucey . 

3 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Decent response from Maddison, because that was a crock of shit today.

I hope he stops diving as much as he does. He does it every game and to be fair he wins a lot of free kicks because of it, but he goes down way too easily. When you've got the skill and talent he clearly has, play your game and not the dark arts!

• Like 3

If we can grab this season by the horns somehow we can finish 6th place and win the League Cup. 

It's just going to be so difficult with the tragedy to really push that bit harder and show that ruthless streak that wins tight football matches, when really the football fades into insignificance. 

We were so ruthless when winning the title, we were cold blooded assassins. Is it possible to find that mentality to get the points this season after the tragic crash? 

First half was a disaster, and madders embarrassing. I wasn’t impressed with Ouels starting 11, I tstill maintain that Shinji and Vardy need to play together, which I would like to see in the next game.

Second half we were superb, effort was unquestionable and we got what we deserved in the end. I thought Evans was superb as was Ricardo in the second half. All in all not a bad trip out, definitely deserved at least a point, however, Puel really needs to start thinking a lot harder about his starting 11, yet again he started wrong, and these needs to be addressed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maddog said:

If we can grab this season by the horns somehow we can finish 6th place and win the League Cup. 

It's just going to be so difficult with the tragedy to really push that bit harder and show that ruthless streak that wins tight football matches, when really the football fades into insignificance. 

We were so ruthless when winning the title, we were cold blooded assassins. Is it possible to find that mentality to get the points this season after the tragic crash? 

I don’t think we’d have pulled that off even without the crash. Our team is young and wildly inconsistent hence why performances can vary so much. Everton might pull 6th place off but they invested in a much older team age wise - compare Sigurdsson and Walcott to Maddison and Gray for example. This is 100% a transition season and even more so now the crash happened. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 4