Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

BHA 1 - 1 Leicester City Post Match Thread

18 minutes ago, maddog said:

If we can grab this season by the horns somehow we can finish 6th place and win the League Cup. 

It's just going to be so difficult with the tragedy to really push that bit harder and show that ruthless streak that wins tight football matches, when really the football fades into insignificance. 

We were so ruthless when winning the title, we were cold blooded assassins. Is it possible to find that mentality to get the points this season after the tragic crash? 

And we had a little French Guy in midfield which helped us a tad. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Hope not. Shouldn't be on the bench if he's not fit. This is the second time that Puel has left Vardy out in recent weeks so not convinced personally Brucey . 

He could have been fit to play 45 but not fit to play 90, especially if he's missed a few training sessions.

Not saying I agree with the team selection, I can't see why Nacho didn't start if Vards couldn't.

50 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Decent response from Maddison, because that was a crock of shit today.

I hope he stops diving as much as he does. He does it every game and to be fair he wins a lot of free kicks because of it, but he goes down way too easily. When you've got the skill and talent he clearly has, play your game and not the dark arts!

Tbh I like a player who can ‘buy’ a free kick but today was a step too far. Can see he regrets it and I can see where he’s coming from mind you. 

The art of buying a free kick is no different to a defender who’s able to stick in the odd elbow while the ref isn’t looking for me. Both a bit wrong but great when your players can get away with it.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Yeah he just got unlucky that that's why Southampton sacked him and it's the same at Leicester now...

I bet they're regretting that  decision  ever since. They sold their best players, yet he still got them to a Cup final and finished top ten.

What did they expect.

1 hour ago, Gillies Apprentice said:

Sorry but can’t agree with you - although none of us would have predicted that starting line up ,Claude picks the team on what he’s seen in training and info from his technical advisors.

I was at the game and saw a virtually heroic performance to hold out with 10 men and then ,with well judged subs , snatch a draw and nearly win it .

To try and spin today’s game in an anti Puel post is well wide of the mark . 

Mate, tell my why we only had 1 shot on goal before half time.  Is that herioc?

The sub as u say,  shows the lack believe in the team without the player.  Puel has no impact. The player has.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Mate, tell my why we only had 1 shot on goal before half time.  Is that herioc?

The sub as u say,  shows the lack believe in the team without the player.  Puel has no impact. The player has.

we were sh1te first half .... simples .........

Your ‘agenda’ is fine but you need to be a little bit more balanced .... nothing is ever black or white ........just shades of grey ......

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

we were sh1te first half .... simples .........

Your ‘agenda’ is fine but you need to be a little bit more balanced .... nothing is ever black or white ........just shades of grey ......

Why is it anyone who doesn’t like Puel has an “agenda” we want what’s right for the club and it’s not Puel! What signs of improvement have there been under him? And don’t hit me with mid table crap! 

Edited by elvisfmcfly
The wrong there came up and didn’t want to get called out on it!
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Why is it anyone who doesn’t like Puel has an “agenda” we want what’s right for the club and it’s not Puel! What signs of improvement have there been under him? And don’t hit me with mid table crap! 

Just read some of their comments lol sound like 50 year old men who’s wife has left them or something. Very bitter. 

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Because he's had an injury, because he's trained one day, because we tried to not risk him for fear of aggravating it. But... he is was there if we needed him.

I really don't get what people's issue is. You'd all be bitching and moaning had he started and pulled up within 5 minutes.

I’m not bitching just thought he played at times like vardy of old today when he came on, it was a comment he didn’t look like he’d been struggling the way he was chasing everything down that’s why I wondered why he’d been benched..?

3 hours ago, Gillies Apprentice said:

Sorry but can’t agree with you - although none of us would have predicted that starting line up ,Claude picks the team on what he’s seen in training and info from his technical advisors.

I was at the game and saw a virtually heroic performance to hold out with 10 men and then ,with well judged subs , snatch a draw and nearly win it .

To try and spin today’s game in an anti Puel post is well wide of the mark . 

Thought the lads played well under the pressure from the result of the Red card which was a bit harsh thought his first yellow was a bit tame mind you a few of our yellows were a bit tame but then Kavanagh is no stranger to controversy he was dishing out cards today as if it was Christmas, thought he was pretty lenient with Brighton especially not giving Murray a card for his rant and bad language towards Kavanagh and the time wasting by their keeper and a couple of fouls by Other BHAFC players.

Then on came Vardy who was chasing down everything and when he was hacked down thought Kavanagh bottled giving the guy a red card, think we deserved a point today but now time for CP to pick a side to beat Southampton on Tuesday night maybe rest a few first team players give the likes of Silva some important game time.

Edited by justfoxes

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Yea he really held Southampton back. 

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

I bet they're regretting that  decision  ever since. They sold their best players, yet he still got them to a Cup final and finished top ten.

What did they expect.

The poor decision was not the one to get rid of him. It was the choice of replacement since. If you offered Puel back to Southampton fans the vast majority would say "no thanks".

It's like saying that we shouldn't have been pleased to see the back of Megson because we went down to League One.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

The poor decision was not the one to get rid of him. It was the choice of replacement since. If you offered Puel back to Southampton fans the vast majority would say "no thanks".

It's like saying that we shouldn't have been pleased to see the back of Megson because we went down to League One.

No it isn't - he took them to a cup final despite all their best assets being sold.  Does that count for nothing?

• Like 2

We were hovering around relegation zone after title win season, and the season after, under 2 coach, who left us with aging squad with only able to play counter attack. when they got sacked.

Puel come, and we are way far from relegation zone. Something we are yet to experience in 2 year straight 

We have bunch of young player, who progressing well. At least we have better future for now. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hanan96 said:

We were hovering around relegation zone after title win season, and the season after, under 2 coach, who left us with aging squad with only able to play counter attack. when they got sacked.

Puel come, and we are way far from relegation zone. Something we are yet to experience in 2 year straight 

We have bunch of young player, who progressing well. At least we have better future for now. 

Exactly Puel has us playing good stuff and we are progressing under him... there is something really good in the core of this team... under o’neill people accepted that we aren’t going to batter everyone. That first half was a disgrace but great tactical changes and with ten we came away with a good away point

Edited by foxes_rule1978

8 hours ago, Gevans_97 said:

I think the fact that we always play better in the second half actually says a lot about how adept Puel is in understanding the game and turning the tactics around in our favour. Another great change in emphasis that got us back from the dead. Going into HT I thought, this could be 2 or 3 by the end, but credit to Puel and the lads. 

It also says a lot about Puel’s inability to motivate the players from the off & the fact he has to make changes because his original tactics/selections aren’t working.....

Edited by Albert
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, justfoxes said:

I’m not bitching just thought he played at times like vardy of old today when he came on, it was a comment he didn’t look like he’d been struggling the way he was chasing everything down that’s why I wondered why he’d been benched..?

Yea he's chasing everything down for 45 mins. 

If he did for 90 he won't be able to, or worse, get injured before. 

4 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Why is it anyone who doesn’t like Puel has an “agenda” we want what’s right for the club and it’s not Puel! What signs of improvement have there been under him? 

Six PL wins in last 20 games and eight in last 27. 

Nine PL red cards since Puel has been here.

There have been improvements - notably some player development - which is great. But this guy isn't the messiah some seem to think.

3 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Correct. Had they appointed decent replacement(s) they wouldn't be up shiit creek.

44 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Six PL wins in last 20 games and eight in last 27. 

Nine PL red cards since Puel has been here.

There have been improvements - notably some player development - which is great. But this guy isn't the messiah some seem to think.

Correct. Had they appointed decent replacement(s) they wouldn't be up shiit creek.

Didn't see anyone say him a Messiah so far. 

I'm pleased about how much of the game that we looked like the better side. I'm not pleased about the first half, we were really poor and had absolutely nothing. The second was a great effort and we looked a proper side for most of it.

Could have won the game and that's a good thing, forgivable that we didn't I suppose. Style of play is still a bit of a concern I have to say.

We are starting to see the immediate future of the league. Since our title win the top clubs have spent obscene amounts of money either in transfer fees or in wages. They are away now and won't be caught by anyone outside the top 5, apart from possibly Man Utd if they got themselves a different manager.

For the rest it is a fight each and every week to get enough points to get over the line and stay up.

Each team is capable on its day of playing some good football and pretty much each team has spent more money on players than any of their fans can ever really have dreamt about.

10 million pound players are yesterdays million pound players and 20 million gets you someone maybe just a bit better than average. Because of this spending all our expectations have risen but maybe we are expecting too much?

In the context of the league yesterday's result was a point won in adversity and we should be happy  with that just as West Ham fans were probably pleased to get a point at our place though with some luck they could have taken all three.

For us, this season, all bets are off. We just don't know how the players and staff will continue to react. The emotion of the tragedy is likely to affect the players for far longer than any of us may realise.