Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

BHA 1 - 1 Leicester City Post Match Thread

3 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

Didn't see anyone say him a Messiah so far. 

The way people won't have a bad word said about it him it certainly feels like some people view him that way.

Like everything there is very little middle ground, people in Puel out camp, go OTT and note all the bad things, people in the Puel in camp seem to see no wrong, make excuses and apologies for him and vice versa.

Edited by Matt

Just woke up and thought I would catch up on the post match comments and as per it’s a Puel stay or go thread. Why don’t we just for the rest of this season at least get off the managers back and let this young team find it’s feet. The future is indeed rosy and with the likes of Barnes and Benkovic to return these are indeed exciting times. A manager just doesn’t pick the team and tactics he’s also responsible for changing the heart and dynamics of the club and in my humble opinion he’s certainly doing that.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I don't think that's necessarily true is it Matt? There are plenty of people just left and right of centre on this. The same arguments keep appearing because it's the usually the same suspects in the Puel out camp and the usual suspects defending him on the other side. By my reckoning, lots of people are somewhere in the middle but they probably cba commenting on it anymore. The argument just keeps going round in circles and it becomes tiring and boring.

For my part, there's obviously plenty of improvements to be made but I'm of a mind that some stability was needed after the end of Claudio's reign and the short period Shakey was in charge. Rightly or wrongly, I'm actually prepared to put up with inconsistencies while the squad is trimmed in age and they attempt to evolve from the counter attacking team they were. 

On here? Certainly, without a doubt - The only defence I can come up with that I see it so black and white is maybe I misinterpret how it's written. I feel alot people get the wrong end of the stick with my posts quite often for example.

When I speak to people I know, listen to the radio, e.t.c, probably not - A majority are on the Puel out side, but someone on here a few weeks ago who stuck up for Puel claimed the opposite to that, therefore I think whatever view you have no matter what people say you always view it to be similar to yours.

I'll agree with you that i'm tired and bored by it all, that added with the tragic events a few weeks ago are reasons i've not commented much on the debate recently, i'm sick and tired of it, I know my arguements, I know the counter arguements that'll come back (Usually dismissive and petty digs imo) so recently i've just bit my tongue and let them get on with it.

Win, lose or draw, i'm just very meh at the minute ultimately because i'm bored by the football. Period.

I'd like to claim it was because of the title win as people have claimed - but I didn't have the feeling until the last year or so (Despite the poor showing in Ranieri's 2nd season or Shakespeare), again I saw someone commenting describing those feelings and putting it down to the tragic events, but I felt it before that.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Albert said:

It also says a lot about Puel’s inability to motivate the players from the off & the fact he has to make changes because his original tactics/selections aren’t working.....

Am I wrong for thinking professional footballers should be able to motivate themselves and one another? Dont understand why our squad in particular need such hand holding. I feel like in 50% of our games since the title win, the players just dont seem like they can be arsed until we are losing.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Am I wrong for thinking professional footballers should be able to motivate themselves and one another? Dont understand why our squad in particular need such hand holding. I feel like in 50% of our games since the title win, the players just dont seem like they can be arsed until we are losing.

I think this is much more relevant, since it has now been going on for some time.

10 hours ago, Matt said:

On here? Certainly, without a doubt - The only defence I can come up with that I see it so black and white is maybe I misinterpret how it's written. I feel alot people get the wrong end of the stick with my posts quite often for example.

When I speak to people I know, listen to the radio, e.t.c, probably not - A majority are on the Puel out side, but someone on here a few weeks ago who stuck up for Puel claimed the opposite to that, therefore I think whatever view you have no matter what people say you always view it to be similar to yours.

I'll agree with you that i'm tired and bored by it all, that added with the tragic events a few weeks ago are reasons i've not commented much on the debate recently, i'm sick and tired of it, I know my arguements, I know the counter arguements that'll come back (Usually dismissive and petty digs imo) so recently i've just bit my tongue and let them get on with it.

Win, lose or draw, i'm just very meh at the minute ultimately because i'm bored by the football. Period.

I'd like to claim it was because of the title win as people have claimed - but I didn't have the feeling until the last year or so (Despite the poor showing in Ranieri's 2nd season or Shakespeare), again I saw someone commenting describing those feelings and putting it down to the tragic events, but I felt it before that.

I'm as guilty as the next person. As we all read posts, we probably interpret them slightly differently than the person who actually wrote the words. 

Personally, I can understand a lot of the criticisms from supporters. There's been a number of things at the club, from recruitment through to the habit of finding ourselves a goal down before we seem to wake up. There's lots of areas for improvement, no doubt. They are mainly legitimate criticisms and Puel will have responsibility in a lot of those areas of concern.  I'm just of a mind that a period of manager stability at present will benefit the club in the long term. I've been guilty of making flippant responses on FT but I can still understand the other side though. 

Edited by Max Wall
typo

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

And you have every right to feel meh, and to express it too. It is interesting that you only feel it now - one could reasonably make the case that it has built up over time, and because we (all of us I'm sure, and with good reason) felt a lot of affection for our 2 previous managers, we forgave them more, and for longer. Puel came with a reputation (fairly or otherwise) that is very hard to shift, and some fit their argument against him based solely on that - I'm not suggesting that's you, Matt, I'm just talking to you about it like we might over a pint. So I think that, in part, Puel is carrying the can for what went before.

I personally have no issue with fair and just criticism - those posters with children (presumably) love them, but also pull them up short when they stray. I just hope that they don't tell them to f** off and that they're dogs**t...

1 hour ago, Matt said:

The way people won't have a bad word said about it him it certainly feels like some people view him that way.

Like everything there is very little middle ground, people in Puel out camp, go OTT and note all the bad things, people in the Puel in camp seem to see no wrong, make excuses and apologies for him and vice versa.

That still didn't made people say he's a Messiah. 

If people here ask ridiculous things like 5 year contract extensions or saying we will win the league this year and win champions league next year then they made him messiah

55 minutes ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy! :devil:

He's old for a boy sir. Should be naughty old boy

Personally have not got the appetite for another manager, all well and good people saying there are better out there but there is also a hell of a lot worse and is it a gamble to take at the moment. Just IMVVHO the club will need to stabilise before the next step and things like a state of the art training complex 2nd to none and an increase in ground capacity shows future planning with an aim to push on not just consolidate. Puel has brought in more of his own and moved a few out which will continue as time moves on. Yes 1st half was a shocker very poor goal to concede and a shocker of a sending off a real stupid thing to do which hopefully will be learned from. You cannot blame anyone but the player for that and we were playing a team that seems to love to shithouse a 1-0 being happy to slow down and time waste against 10 men rather than push on. However unhappy some may be with our performance theirs was a lot worse creating little other than the goal. We have an evolving style of play and it seems to be that we aim to wear times down, keeping the ball moving to eventually tire them to create more chances as the game moves on

3 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Personally have not got the appetite for another manager, all well and good people saying there are better out there but there is also a hell of a lot worse and is it a gamble to take at the moment. Just IMVVHO the club will need to stabilise before the next step and things like a state of the art training complex 2nd to none and an increase in ground capacity shows future planning with an aim to push on not just consolidate. Puel has brought in more of his own and moved a few out which will continue as time moves on. Yes 1st half was a shocker very poor goal to concede and a shocker of a sending off a real stupid thing to do which hopefully will be learned from. You cannot blame anyone but the player for that and we were playing a team that seems to love to shithouse a 1-0 being happy to slow down and time waste against 10 men rather than push on. However unhappy some may be with our performance theirs was a lot worse creating little other than the goal. We have an evolving style of play and it seems to be that we aim to wear times down, keeping the ball moving to eventually tire them to create more chances as the game moves on

That's just it.  I don't remember hearing a single viable improvement suggested by the 'outers'.  It's just 'Puel out'.

Then what?

I really thought that our position coupled with the recent tragedy would put this argument to bed at least for the rest of the season, but it seems not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, st albans fox said:

we were sh1te first half .... simples .........

Your ‘agenda’ is fine but you need to be a little bit more balanced .... nothing is ever black or white ........just shades of grey ......

Balance about what, I give my opinion on what I saw I saw a shit side for 60 minutes, after a pep talk from the manager, only to come to life after a player comes on.....make if that as u will...I see a manager that lacks the ability to motivate.

2 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Spot on mate. Almost ashamed to say the pendulum swings by the half for me at the minute. 

Half time I’m thinking: “What kind of clown starts Shinji as a lone striker in a team that can’t put 2 passes together despite wanting to be a possession-based side - Puel out.”

At full time I’m thinking: “He got that tactically spot on, the players looked galvanised and wanted to play for him - at some point we’ll be able to do that for 90 mins, and with one extra player too! Puel in.”

Yes, when it comes to Claude I am that fickle - I’ve said it before but I’ve never been so undecided on a manager, hence why I don’t really get involved in the in/out debate.

This is just seeing things how they are, which is a good way to look at it. You don’t have to be ‘In or Out’. He’s our manager, until that changes I’ll criticise his failings and praise his successes. He’s a mid-table football manager at a mid-table club. Until someone better is available or his position is unmanageable, he will continue to be our manager. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Why is it anyone who doesn’t like Puel has an “agenda” we want what’s right for the club and it’s not Puel! What signs of improvement have there been under him? And don’t hit me with mid table crap! 

Yeah...OK. Something that we've achieved for perhaps 5% of our existence and you're not happy with it.

Jesus wept.

1 hour ago, katieakita said:

You cannot blame anyone but the player for that and we were playing a team that seems to love to shithouse a 1-0 being happy to slow down and time waste against 10 men rather than push on. However unhappy some may be with our performance theirs was a lot worse creating little other than the goal. We have an evolving style of play and it seems to be that we aim to wear times down, keeping the ball moving to eventually tire them to create more chances as the game moves on

I wonder what the Brighton fans thought of it? I really can’t believe they were so negative despite having a man advantage. As soon as Vardy came on it felt like 11 v 11 again. Their caution cost them. 

Once again though great response from our team. Excellent to see we still have that fight in us. 

• Like 1

Another result that papers over the cracks for me. We looked a lot better when Vardy came on but i don’t see that as a ‘tactical masterstroke’ as some are saying, more like walking back a bad decision from the start. Too many times the changes and tactics from the start are so bizarre and so wrong and the football we are playing is dull and uninspired. 

The manager needs to get some consistency and stop with the bizarre and random changes, it doesnt send a clear message to the players and it shows. Its either this or he needs to go.

10 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

There's  only 4 prem teams can get to a Cup final each year, Puel with Southampton was one of them that year. On the way to the final they beat Arsenal and Liverpool twice and run Ute close in the fial. Plus a top 10 finish.

I'd say that's a very real achievement for a club like Southampton. I'm certain most real fans would take top 10 with Puel than were they are now.

We're on a path to building a very good young team that will serve the  club for years to come. This takes time plus Puel has to get rid of players who don't suit while bringing in new ones. Its never going to perfect there will be highs and lows. Just enjoy the ride.

10 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

The poor decision was not the one to get rid of him. It was the choice of replacement since. If you offered Puel back to Southampton fans the vast majority would say "no thanks".

It's like saying that we shouldn't have been pleased to see the back of Megson because we went down to League One.

Puel has plenty of faults but he's turned Chilwell and Hamza into Premier League level players and eventually Barnes will make that three. And that just from our academy: he's persisted with and improved Gray and Amartey too. Holmes Park, Seagrave and Puel and are all part of the same vision. If there's a manager out there who's got a better youth development reputation and will come here we'd probably go for him.

I don't see much to worry about. CP has developed a core of good young players. Brighton showed the spirit's still there. 

Claude's not the most obviously engaging or I should say media-friendly character, but I think recent terrible events have demonstrated his strength and commitment. And his class.

Let's cut him some slack. Young players will make mistakes ( Oh, James...) but I think we're growing something special here. 

• Like 2