Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Three years ago...

12 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

That pass from Fuchs, though. :wub:

It was an absolute peach wasn't it?

Before Fuchs even got to the ball (from Kasper's throw), he looks up to see what's on up front. He's looking straight the way to play someone in. As it was, he delays until Vardy makes the run. It's top notch football. 

Watched it in a big TV room at Ashbury Manor golf complex Okehampton, lots of Man U fans but the biggest cheer (apart from me) was all the neutrals in the room, what a goal and what a night celebrating, blimey was that really 3 years ago...

I was there.

Love the fact that I have witnessed so many incredible moments happen in front of my very eyes.

One moment that always sticks out is when Cambiasso equalised vs Man U in the 5-3 win. I sit Row B in the Kop just to the left of the goal and the sheer joy on Cambiasso's face when he scored told me he was loving life at Leicester.

Its why I love being so close to the pitch. You get a real feel of the emotion from the players.

6 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I was there.

I sit Row B in the Kop 

Its why I love being so close to the pitch. You get a real feel of the emotion from the players.

Do you still get a whiff of sweat and odour from the players when it’s really hot?

I used to sit row A in the kop behind the goal many years ago and that was my memory of it, can’t for the life of me work out what’s happening up the other end but goal mouth stuff at the kop end, you can’t be closer

2 minutes ago, promised land said:

Do you still get a whiff of sweat and odour from the players when it’s really hot?

I used to sit row A in the kop behind the goal many years ago and that was my memory of it, can’t for the life of me work out what’s happening up the other end but goal mouth stuff at the kop end, you can’t be closer

Ive never noticed a bad odour at all tbh. Too busy stuffing my face with Balti Pies lol 

I was sitting watching on my computer as usual, but with my new girlfriend watching too, after I'd moved to London the year before.  I only technically joined this site in August 2015 after lurking for the season before (seeing if we could stay up).  Where's the time gone already? :P

12 minutes ago, promised land said:

Some fans too.

2 hours ago, FoxNotFox said:

It was an absolute peach wasn't it?

Before Fuchs even got to the ball (from Kasper's throw), he looks up to see what's on up front. He's looking straight the way to play someone in. As it was, he delays until Vardy makes the run. It's top notch football. 

Did you guys notice that it was a no-look pass?! It had the perfect amount of power. World class pass

4 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Of all the deafening roars that greeted Leicester goals that blissful season, Vardy's record breaker v Man Utd brought the loudest din of all (Ulloa's v Norwich included). At least that's my recollection.

Albrighton's goal against Sevilla runs it close too.

It really did feel like something historically special that we were witnessing. I can't remember another moment quite like it.

We've all seen worldies and goals of beauty but this was different (better than the Liverpool volley). I went into some sort of trance for a good 5 minutes afterwards not even noticing the football going on in front of me. One of those out of body experiences. Feel so lucky to have witnessed it in person.

A few months later I was on the pitch before the Kasabian gig and walked the move to try to make some sense of it. I wasn't the only one doing it.

That move and goal summed up why we were Champions of England (he made us sing that).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hammo said:

Of all the deafening roars that greeted Leicester goals that blissful season, Vardy's record breaker v Man Utd brought the loudest din of all (Ulloa's v Norwich included). At least that's my recollection.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Albrighton's goal against Sevilla runs it close too.

First and second there ....   anyone disagree ....    ???

Vardy goal against Liverpool up there ?? ....   

This is one for the pub next Friday for me ....

3 hours ago, Hammo said:

Watched this from L block myself

My old gaffer and friend was brought down with leaukemia in October 2015. Season ticket holder down the City all his life since 1969 and missed every game that season starting from Watford (h) 

He was holed up in the Royal in the cancer unit there watching it on TV. He said that even with the windows in the hospital shut he could hear the live roar of the crowd before the goal had been screened on TV.

Happily my mates made a full recovery and was well enough to fly out to Sevilla and Madrid for those CL games ????

• Like 3

Watched this game in my local in Plymouth, The Navy Inn along the Barbican where I've lived since 2005 (when we were shit under Levein!) - some night! Only overshadowed by the fact that we didn't beat the Mancs that  game or during that season....although the 5-3 from the Great Escape season a year earlier made up for it....and the fact that was our last win over them four years ago!