Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Kingy

He has been great for us over the years and will be remembered for all the things he won with us but his time here has come and gone and he needs a fresh challenge. he won't be a first team player here and he knows it and wants to finish his carreer playing regularly for a side and he deserves that.

I think he is better than people generally give him credit for. He plays simple direct football from midfield - exactly what Vardy wants.

He slotted straight into Swansea when on loan last season. You don’t do that as a loanee unless someone sees something in you, even if you are playing for a team that was going to get relegated. 

He needs to move on but we need to make him an ambassador one day. He is a legend for Leicester City. He was there from the beginning of our amazing story.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 3

Probably one of the biggest 'non-stories' Percy has ever published. 

This was the case twelve months ago when Puel had barely been here - King pushed for a move and if Swansea stayed up, he'd be playing his football there. He's known the scenario for a year. Brilliant bloke without a shadow but this really isn't a story worth sensationalising. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, peterborofox said:

Unfortunately not good enough for us any more. But always fit and gives 100%

Fact he isn't named in the PL registered squad and Matty Injured James is is damn right disgraceful from Puel

Agree. Absolutely disgusting. Out of all the central midfielders that would play deep he would be the most attacking one,  something we are crying out for. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
52 minutes ago, Bert said:

Agree. Absolutely disgusting. Out of all the central midfielders that would play deep he would be the most attacking one,  something we are crying out for. 

But we are a family and all the loyal players are treated like sons....

I dont think james is rated by puel but he has such a long contract it would raise questions with him not being registered.

Freeing up number 10 for maddison "may" have played a part.

Like others have said he is equally or more deserving of a place than james/silva/iborra/choudary but only a squad player for us and i would like to see him play regularly elsewhere.

24 minutes ago, Royston. said:

I dont think james is rated by puel but he has such a long contract it would raise questions with him not being registered.

Freeing up number 10 for maddison "may" have played a part.

Like others have said he is equally or more deserving of a place than james/silva/iborra/choudary but only a squad player for us and i would like to see him play regularly elsewhere.

I think the uproar about James being selected ahead of Kingy is that James has been injured since the end of last season and his injury record is terrible since he’s been here whereas Kingy is rarely injured at all. 

His wages won’t have helped. I’m sure puel will have been told to try and lower the wage as it looks pretty wasteful atm. Players like; silva, Iborra, benny, Simpson, Wes, king, janes, Okazaki etc will be moved on. Just far too much money for the quality of player imo 

Younger players may cost more but they will be on less wages and should be able to have a re sale value. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

Shocking by the club to end up with more than 25 senior pros on the books and have King and Benny ineligible to play. Didn’t Benalouane have a deal all lined up but it fell through? Even if we are paying 90% of the wages get them out there get them playing football otherwise they are wasted assets that will never be sold. I don’t know if we could have loaned or “sold” them to Leuven, Kupustka is already out there, may be limits on how many can be loaned.

It does make the signing of Ghezzal look even more pointless, I know he is a different type of player, but he is not one we needed. Ghezzal and Diabate have no place in that squad, even Fuchs, love the guy, but buy out the rest of his contract let him go to America early we all know he’s just killing time here. We should in no way have found ourselves in a position where Andy King is left out the squad. He’s 30 still got a good five years left of his career not playing for half a season turned Silva from a European Champion into a hopeless footballer, imagine what it will do to Kingy. I’m not saying he should be starting or even on the bench but he deserves to be in the 25 man squad or paid off to go on a free/extended loan deal.

8 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

His wages won’t have helped. I’m sure puel will have been told to try and lower the wage as it looks pretty wasteful atm. Players like; silva, Iborra, benny, Simpson, Wes, king, janes, Okazaki etc will be moved on. Just far too much money for the quality of player imo 

Younger players may cost more but they will be on less wages and should be able to have a re sale value. 

I don't think Wes will be going anywhere and rightly so in my opinion. He's had a few shockers this season but hasn't been anywhere near as bad as some make out.

The rest though, crikey. There must be £400k a week being chucked away there.

Edited by Paddy.

Guest Col city fan
On 28/11/2018 at 22:41, peterborofox said:

Unfortunately not good enough for us any more. But always fit and gives 100%

Fact he isn't named in the PL registered squad and Matty Injured James is is damn right disgraceful from Puel

Ain’t that the truth. James is a crock. Wasn’t he given a new 3 yr contract! Fook sake....!

On 29/11/2018 at 14:43, Bert said:

I think the uproar about James being selected ahead of Kingy is that James has been injured since the end of last season and his injury record is terrible since he’s been here whereas Kingy is rarely injured at all. 

James had seemingly recovered just fine from his previous injury when we gave him the new contract. It was a new, different injury that did him in again. When he was named in the squad, the infection from surgery hadn't yet happened and he was projected at the time to return much sooner. I'm not ready to write James off yet, I rate him and so does Puel. When fit he's above Iborra, King and Silva. Played much better than the fitter Kingy for the U23s yesterday. Sure James has had recurrent injuries and surgeries for years, but so did Mendy and he's perfectly fine now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brucey said:

Played much better than the fitter Kingy for the U23s yesterday

I didn’t think so he was very negative with side and back passes at least King tried to open the game up.

But it’s all opinions, as I said above I didn’t see anyone who looked like they were capable of a first team squad place which considering how average they are is very disappointing.

The fact a respected journalist would use the word “demand” about Kingy is a complete joke. 

Asked for, and deservedly so... yes... but I don’t think Kingy could demand a ****ing refund on a bad meal let alone a multi million pound transfer! lol