Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

Agree with everything said on here. Last night topped it for me as someone leaving early decided to stand right in front of me while waiting for Maddison's goal! If you are going to leave just leave don't block the view for those of us stopping to the end. 

The atmosphere and lack of genuine interest from some people is so bad now that my son is asking whether we can just go to away matches as the atmosphere is so much better!

A lot of the older duffers would of been wearing gloves last night so maybe when they clapped the sounds wasnt as loud as normal due to the gloves. 

A few people in front of me were pouring soup out between them out of a flask during the second half so that would of hampered their ability to make some noise. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

Looking around last night there appears to be a lot of middle aged to older and elderly fans than I've realised before.

I don't think that demographic tends to get involved in the singing and chanting as much as younger fans in their teens, twenties and thirties. There is the occasional use of the clap bangers but other than that they seem to be there to just watch their team play a game of football.

What I do notice are many are quick to moan and criticise when a player ****s up or play breaks down (Sometimes it feels they can't wait for it to happen so they can have a moan and slag the player down but are rarely heard to applaud great play) but they certainly don't/didn't get involved in songs or chants.

They did though, back in the day, it's up to the young ones to take over the mantle, that's how it works, and if you ask me, they're making a right pigs ear of it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I still think our current song book has a lot to answer for, quite honestly I find them nigh on impossible to understand half the time, too mumbled, too complex. It's no shock that the ones that usually get the most interaction are the simplest ones. Some are just plain embarrassing, people literally still pushing a song about Soyuncus's cock FFS.  >_<

Follow the boys and mumble mumble mumble, got a good airing last night and that funeral dirge about maddison WTF!

• Like 3

Just now, Babylon said:

I still think our current song book has a lot to answer for, quite honestly I find them nigh on impossible to understand half the time, too mumbled, too complex. It's no shock that the ones that usually get the most interaction are the simplest ones. Some are just plain embarrassing, people literally still pushing a song about Soyuncus's cock FFS.  >_<

Agree with this, cringe worthy song about Soyuncu.  I used to sit in the Kop, moved to East stand K block... from there can’t hear UFS at all.. and yes I know they sing loud over in that corner.  Thought last night was dreadful. Again we need a stand were both groups of noise makers can all be together. Don’t think it will happen though.

5 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

They did though, back in the day, it's up to the young ones to take over the mantle, that's how it works, and if you ask me, they're making a right pigs ear of it.

Yup go on, blame the "young ones" for all our issues.

Not like there are other, completely valid reasons why are atmosphere wasn't great last night. 

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Used to know most of them, but as you mention, half of the songs these days are mumbled and take a while to figure out what the hell they're singing. Need to bring back more short, catchy ones to get the ground joining in.

• Like 2

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Not like there are other, completely valid reasons why are atmosphere wasn't great last night. 

Used to know most of them, but as you mention, half of the songs these days are mumbled and take a while to figure out what the hell they're singing. Need to bring back more short, catchy ones to get the ground joining in.

Even that doesn't spark much, so called catchy ones were ignored. All you got last night in any numbers was 'LEICESTER, LEICESTER, LEICESTER' and half arsed 'Vichai' had a dream. 

• Like 1

I don't disagree that it was particularly quiet last night - although that big group of kids right on the away edge of the family stand were going for it and put everyone else to shame - but I guess its a midweek game and it was a bit flat in the first half. That said, I was sat much closer to the UFS corner than I usually am, and it was good to hear some new songs that I will take back to the family stand for the Norwich game. (Starman -Youri; the new Cags chant; 'Aint nobody - Hamza Choudhury, etc). Sitting where I was, it wasn't awful.

What was very obvious was that that everyone immediately around me was totally silent (in H/G sort of area, mostly middle aged blokes) - not singing at all, but also not really into it or calling out. It was a lot quieter than the family stand usually is. 

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Ahh yes blame the songs. 

Come up with a better Maddison song then chaps and get it going if you think the one being tried is no good.  

Honestly I didn't know there was a Maddison song tbh  

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Even that doesn't spark much, so called catchy ones were ignored. All you got last night in any numbers was 'LEICESTER, LEICESTER, LEICESTER' and half arsed 'Vichai' had a dream. 

Fair enough, it was deader than usual, only times were there decent chants going on. My end of the Kop had the odd flair up of decent noise but a lot in front of me didn't seem to be up for singing, probably a few things causing it. Just need to make sure we try to make more noise come the next game

We have Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City in the next six at home so you'd hope those atmospheres would be lively.

I don't quite know why it isn't great, maybe we're just expecting to win now? Always felt we were better as fans as the underdogs with less expectation.

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

The "young ones" who are actually giving it a go you mean, despite the generations before them doing bollock-all to organise and ensure there would be areas where they could stand and sing in the new ground when we moved?

If you want to blame an age group, it's the ones from "back in the day" who didn't do enough to ensure future generations could have the same experience they had at football.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I was responding to someone who was blaming the old ones!

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

The "young ones" who are actually giving it a go you mean, despite the generations before them doing bollock-all to organise and ensure there would be areas where they could stand and sing in the new ground when we moved?

If you want to blame an age group, it's the ones from "back in the day" who didn't do enough to ensure future generations could have the same experience they had at football.

Ha Ha, what a load of bollox. Maybe the giving it a go isn't quiet working.

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Sorry mate, I take full responsibility for this 😁

18 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Ahh yes blame the songs. 

Come up with a better Maddison song then chaps and get it going if you think the one being tried is no good.  

No, it's up to the people who have decided to take on the role and responsibility of head cheer leaders to do that.

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

No, it's up to the people who have decided to take on the role and responsibility of head cheer leaders to do that.

What more would you like L1 and SK1 to do out of interest? I'd be genuinely interested to hear your suggestions of how to improve things, rather than just moaning at them for trying. 

32 minutes ago, Lestagirl said:

Agree with this, cringe worthy song about Soyuncu.  I used to sit in the Kop, moved to East stand K block... from there can’t hear UFS at all.. and yes I know they sing loud over in that corner.  Thought last night was dreadful. Again we need a stand were both groups of noise makers can all be together. Don’t think it will happen though.

Both groups, the kids in the family stand out sang L1 last night what’s happened has jobber lost his drum?

42 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Vacate your seat, you old fart lol

More and more it seems the most logical answer to building the atmosphere is........... swapping the family stand and the KOP!

And also, songs about the size of someones genitalia is somewhat cringey.

Stadium expansion is massive for our future atmosphere IMO. I reckon we'll be lucky where in the next 5-10 years we'll be getting a lot of young local fans who have enjoyed the best ever era for the club growing up. If the club facilitate them the atmosphere will improve. If we ignore their needs and continue to favour certain people then it will be like this forever. 

You can see it's worked with away ends where there's been a very obvious block for singing/standing (often sorted by ufs), NEEDS TO BE DONE AT HOME

• Like 2