Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Fulham 1 - 1 Leicester Post Match Thread

2 hours ago, Albert said:

He’s not in the team to run around like a headless chicken to win the ball back. His role is to get on the ball & be our creative spark/game changer which he’s doing. The fact we play 2 defensive midfielders in Mendy & Wilf behind him who do all the leg work etc pretty much explains that 

They're too deep which causes madders to be too deep as well. I would say that you're being pretty unfair to say a high pressure game is running around like a headless chicken. 

As stated before, we don't create enough chances, so he isn't doing what you describe often enough. Mostly because we're not winning the ball high enough up the pitch to find space, followed by then having such slow build up play that the opposition has compact before he gets the ball. Hence the need, on nights like tonight, someone like Okazaki, to press high, force errors and essentially create chances out of those errors, who created the only chance we scored from tonight? Okazaki. Other than Nacho's 1 on 1 we created nothing all game. 

I like Madders, he has a lot of potential, but I stand by my statement, he needs to do more off the ball to help the team to put the opposition under pressure and also needs to be quicker with his distribution to link up with the striker.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

They're too deep which causes madders to be too deep as well. I would say that you're being pretty unfair to say a high pressure game is running around like a headless chicken. 

As stated before, we don't create enough chances, so he isn't doing what you describe often enough. Mostly because we're not winning the ball high enough up the pitch to find space, followed by then having such slow build up play that the opposition has compact before he gets the ball. Hence the need, on nights like tonight, someone like Okazaki, to press high, force errors and essentially create chances out of those errors, who created the only chance we scored from tonight? Okazaki. Other than Nacho's 1 on 1 we created nothing all game. 

I like Madders, he has a lot of potential, but I stand by my statement, he needs to do more off the ball to help the team to put the opposition under pressure and also needs to be quicker with his distribution to link up with the striker.

They are deep because the defense sits too deep, particularly when Morgan is playing and Maguire is absent. If they move up that leaves gaps between the back line and the midfield, and thus for a conservative coach like Puel this is probably the ‘better’ option. Not sure we can play a high defensive line either, with the slow CDs that we currently field. Therefore, we may have to wait until Soyuncu is up to speed (and possibly until Benkovic gets here) to see any appreciable change with the current squad.

• Like 1

puel blow a great chance of been sixth tonight, his team selections are terrible, should have went for 3 points tonight and played for a draw against spurs.nacho is woeful, really dont see how he gets game time, need a striker in the window, and a class winger. tonight we were woeful and god help us up against spurs.  

I believe the phrase may be ipso facto?

according to some on here....

We can only draw with Fulham away...must be managers fault......by that logic....Fulham getting the draw could be due to their managers brilliance...ie managers take responsibility....ipso facto...Claudio great Puel poor....we should sack the latter and employ the former?

We got a draw...we could have won...if we sack Puel we could be in a mess...we are just a couple of points off 6 th because of other Teams like Everton and Man U drawing when they were expecting to win...tis football 

• Like 4

I wasn’t able to watch the match so tuned in to good old fox talk for a senopsis of proceedings and post match comments.The doom and gloom of us being akin to a pub side is staggering . After reading page after page of woe the team not being fit for purpose , sack Puel, donkeys etc I was close to tears.

i then read the BBC sport and low and behold they and other journos don’t think we are quite that Rose & Crown .

A lot on here wear the fox tinted glasses and not in a good way. 

1 more point move on , enjoy the day ahead.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The over-reactions to an average result and a poor performance I find totally stomach turning given just six weeks ago what happened to this club. 

Ill get stick for this - but if there was ever a time you have to show patience now it is. 

The upper hierarchy of this club are not going to interrupt their mourning to make a huge, destablishing and time consuming decision. 

All we can do is try to be patient 

:appl:

Hear hear!

Add to that a lengthy injury list and we are where we are. Are we playing sexy champagne football? No, but we are safely midtable with a young team and picking up points. With tougher fixtures coming up I’m sure we’ll drop some more but overall there’s no reason to panic. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

I wasn’t able to watch the match so tuned in to good old fox talk for a senopsis of proceedings and post match comments.The doom and gloom of us being akin to a pub side is staggering . After reading page after page of woe the team not being fit for purpose , sack Puel, donkeys etc I was close to tears.

i then read the BBC sport and low and behold they and other journos don’t think we are quite that Rose & Crown .

A lot on here wear the fox tinted glasses and not in a good way. 

1 more point move on , enjoy the day ahead.

Mate you wouldn't see it that way if you had observed the frequency of which we kept passing the ball to row a,b&c. It was truly shocking.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Anglodanglo said:

Two things mate.

1- As someone who remembers 'Pleat out',  'Shipman out' and bottom half finishes in front of less than 10k in the old Div 2. I consider myself very lucky indeed to see our club mid table in the toughest league on the planet.

Even more so when taking into account our absolute & wonderfully bonkers last 10 seasons

Yes of course things could be better, find me a fan of a club who says everything's perfect and I'll book him an uber to see the doctor

2- Honestly, if you were placed in charge tomorrow, what plans would you put in place?

I'm not seeking to lambast your answer, but I'd bloody love some constructive debate.

You never know I might even find myself agreeing with you

I’ve given constructive debate for months on Puel, only to be told that I’m no longer a proper supporter. 

I’ve criticised Puel for one thing only and that’s his football in style, selection and formation which has been turgid for months.

• Like 2

Problem is, we need a striker who is nearly as good as Vards, but who is prepared to sit on the bench for 80% of time, (& then be prepared to get abused on here for 'stealing a living').

Good trick if you can pull it off!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Didnt watch the game but a point away while playing an unfamiliar back 4, having to play uncreative (for the most part) wingers, Danny Simpson and Nacho. Not bad.

Maddison is our top scorer right? And someone suggested loaning him back to Norwich lol

I imagine if you don’t watch the actual football then yeah it’s easier to be happy.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bpfox said:

puel blow a great chance of been sixth tonight, his team selections are terrible, should have went for 3 points tonight and played for a draw against spurs.nacho is woeful, really dont see how he gets game time, need a striker in the window, and a class winger. tonight we were woeful and god help us up against spurs.  

Given/ assuming those not playing/on the bench are carrying knocks, who would you have picked?

48 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I’ve given constructive debate for months on Puel, only to be told that I’m no longer a proper supporter. 

I’ve criticised Puel for one thing only and that’s his football in style, selection and formation which has been turgid for months.

I have critised jim for his lack of leadership... i dont think he inspires the players or the fans

Just now, foxinsocks said:

I have critised jim for his lack of leadership... i dont think he inspires the players or the fans

Jim jokes aside.....

I wouldn’t know about his leadership. There’s lots of different types of leaders and I’m not prepared to criticise him for stuff I’m unsure about - no offence.

There’s an army of people that dislike the man because of accent, inspiration maybe nationality maybe charisma etc but I couldn’t care less about that, he could be a mute quadraplegic transgender for all I care.

I just dislike his football. Can’t get behind the formation or style with the personnel we have to deliver it. I think we are a couple of players away from a good first team that on a good run would perhaps get a UEFA place and are being held back by this soulless transition into football which involves the Ghezzal’s and Diabate’s which is disguised as possession based football only without the actual possession. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Given/ assuming those not playing/on the bench are carrying knocks, who would you have picked?

to be honest i dont know, but nacho and diabate along with gray are just not producing, so any one of the kids my be should be given a go. but this all comes back on the boss because he failed to sign a back up striker, and we are paying the price.  

10 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

The players keep talking about their togetherness and whatnot, but games like yesterday where nothing is working for us, 9 out of 10 passes seem to be going out of play, we are basicall rubbish (I think pretty much all of us agreee on this about yesterday's much) yet  we still manage to grind out a result as we have been doing all season in many games in which we've played poorly,  suggests that the players are believing they can get something out of every game and inspired enough to dig out points

We could realistically ask for a few more points this season and thats about it, we're doing ok, top half of the premier league.  No team of our stature does that without being ''inspired'' to some substantial degree

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bpfox said:

to be honest i dont know, but nacho and diabate along with gray are just not producing, so any one of the kids my be should be given a go. but this all comes back on the boss because he failed to sign a back up striker, and we are paying the price.  

Diabate hasnt played.  Nacho is in a bad state of form, and also not playing that much (but has to play because we have few options with Vardy's issues) and Gray is contributing and contributed to the goal that got us back in the game

Can not believe how many glory hunting so called supporters city now have.

An away draw is not the end of the world, far too many call this club with sweeping comments.

I remember when we really were poor ( do they !! ), leicester are no longer a yoyo team flitting from the top tier to the 2nd tier. Get a grip and support your team or bugger off and let a genuine fan take your place.