Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Fulham 1 - 1 Leicester Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

All we can do is try to be patient 

Indeed. 

It was a poor performance and that was after a number of indifferent ones and, last night, I'll admit that I was frustrated. We should have been capable of winning against a poor side. Had Iheanacho put that early chance away, I feel it would have been an entirely different game. Yet we somehow enabled Fulham to take control of the game for large periods of the game. 

But yes, poor performance yes but an away point and we're still in a good position in the table. We're a new team still stabilising and we have promising players, with undoubtedly more to come.

10 minutes ago, Cheshfox said:

Can not believe how many glory hunting so called supporters city now have.

An away draw is not the end of the world, far too many call this club with sweeping comments.

Im usually pro LCFC and try give a positive spin to most unfortunate results/performances, but lastnight was the worst performance iv seen in a long time, I cant think of a single player that was stand out to me. I dont think this is even Puels fault and he made a masterclass decision bringing on those subs lastnight to get that goal. It was the players lastnight, they were not into the game from the start, lack of concentration was clear and the passing was abysmal borderlined embarrasing. Where has the huddled talk on the pitch from the start of the games gone too? Now that the mourning period is over you dont need to show that on the pitch anymore? all felt very unnatural anyway.

yeah not happy about the team right now as you can see..

Edited by Simoken

1 minute ago, Bablemikey said:

If we really did rest people then it’s a poor decision. Should’ve fielded strongest side & gone for the win against these. Far more likely to collect the points against Fulham away 5han Spurs.

And then we'd have to field that team against Spurs and watch us get steam-rollered at home

That would not be fun

Nothing special but a point away in London is fine. 

They aren’t a bad side and we have played them at the wrong time, right in the middle of “new manager bounce”

played pretty badly with a depleted team but yet again we steal something away from home, showing the players want to play for Claude.

onto spurs 

21 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Jim jokes aside.....

I wouldn’t know about his leadership. There’s lots of different types of leaders and I’m not prepared to criticise him for stuff I’m unsure about - no offence.

There’s an army of people that dislike the man because of accent, inspiration maybe nationality maybe charisma etc but I couldn’t care less about that, he could be a mute quadraplegic transgender for all I care.

I just dislike his football. Can’t get behind the formation or style with the personnel we have to deliver it. I think we are a couple of players away from a good first team that on a good run would perhaps get a UEFA place and are being held back by this soulless transition into football which involves the Ghezzal’s and Diabate’s which is disguised as possession based football only without the actual possession. 

I wouldn't even go that far regarding his football, formation or style I think they are absolutely fine however it his strange decisions when it comes to the starting line up for me, injuries/suspensions aside we should have been playing the team that got the 3 points on Saturday regardless... you can't tell me a young player like Ricardo or Gray (looked fine second half) couldn't put together another 60/70 mins... drag them off then when the damage has been done as I said before the match started its frustrating.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cheshfox said:

Can not believe how many glory hunting so called supporters city now have.

An away draw is not the end of the world, far too many call this club with sweeping comments.

I remember when we really were poor ( do they !! ), leicester are no longer a yoyo team flitting from the top tier to the 2nd tier. Get a grip and support your team or bugger off and let a genuine fan take your place.

Arrogant much?

People are taking issue with the football they are witnessing. Not glory hunting. I’ve had season tickets spanning the last 30 years of football at City, so yeah I was there when we were shvt!

Have your opinion buddy but don’t be telling others how they should be feeling or that they are not genuine fans for having issue with the football.

• Like 4

Out of interest, do fans genuinely think Puel is underachieving with this squad? Would a replacement making a better fist of it? I think Puel is doing ok, my criticism of him relates to his team selections and how he's put together an unbalanced squad but we are about where we should be subject to us not going on a horror run as we approach a tough December and January. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Our inability to control the midfield is costing us.

A central midfielder in January is paramount to any European push IMO. 

I really hope that will help and that’s not a pipe dream now but I’ll be surprised if we are not on around 26 points in January having got 4 points tops from the next 5 PL games which will see us by that stage a good 12 points away from any such hopes of 7/8th position.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Out of interest, do fans genuinely think Puel is underachieving with this squad? Would a replacement making a better fist of it? I think Puel is doing ok, my criticism of him relates to his team selections and how he's put together an unbalanced squad but we are about where we should be subject to us not going on a horror run as we approach a tough December and January. 

Yeah, I do Ric. Not hugely but yes. The only reason we are still in touch with the top half is because outside the top six there is not one convincing team putting a few results together, so comparatively we look less rubbish than we are but that’s no real benchmark imo. I do think that the lack of urgency in play and the lack of pace going forward has squandered games/points which would have made me more confident with Puel at the helm.

The team selections and subs have always been the biggest issue for me but the formation stinks too as having two CDM’s we only have one route going forward (the kamikaze wing run to ghosting into box with poor final ball) unless Madders drops back and plays in central midfield - either way what we have in terms of pace and shoulder of last man is negated and we see this sideways football until somebody gets brave and runs into predictable danger. Our movement off the ball is also so bad that when somebody does make a brilliant run, it’s just not seen.

• Like 1

I've seen quite a few people say that this squad should be challenging higher but in the same breath saying how shit everyone is. It might be the most expensive but its nowhere the best squad we've ever had. There's potential in a few players but that's all it is. Our results have been typical of where we are, inconsistent but still good enough to keep us top half. The fact that we as a fan base cannot agree whether we have a good squad or not probably says it all.

Too many players were off their game last night, Kasper's distribution, Chilwell was getting frustrated with ball's going over his head, Mendy looks frustrated, Ndidi was at his worst with his passing, Iheanacho may as well not played because he offered no focal point, Maddison got the goal in the end but was anonymous until then. Actually thought Diabate was lively at times in first half and I'd have took Iheanacho off instead of him. Simpson defended well enough but a right side of him and Albrighton made me shiver. 

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

Yeah, I do Ric. Not hugely but yes. The only reason we are still in touch with the top half is because outside the top six there is not one convincing team putting a few results together, so comparatively we look less rubbish than we are but that’s no real benchmark imo. I do think that the lack of urgency in play and the lack of pace going forward has squandered games/points which would have made me more confident with Puel at the helm.

The team selections and subs have always been the biggest issue for me but the formation stinks too as having two CDM’s we only have one route going forward (the kamikaze wing run to ghosting into box with poor final ball) unless Madders drops back and plays in central midfield - either way what we have in terms of pace and shoulder of last man is negated and we see this sideways football until somebody gets brave and runs into predictable danger. Our movement off the ball is also so bad that when somebody does make a brilliant run, it’s just not seen.

I get what you're saying and I have had the exact same opinion for a large spell of Puel's tenure here but I just keep having to ask myself will it be any better under another manager right now and I'm not sure it will. I know that isn't enough of a reason to stick with someone but you're right 7th or 8th in this league points wise isn't overly impressive. We have missed several chances to make in roads into the top 6 during this unbeaten run but we've drawn too many games against very mediocre opposition with very few goals scored either. If we pick up a couple of impressive results during this tough run we are now about to embark on then unfair enough but if as expected we don't, then there's very little support for Puel as we slip down the table.

I'm torn on him, always have been. 

16 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I really hope that will help and that’s not a pipe dream now but I’ll be surprised if we are not on around 26 points in January having got 4 points tops from the next 5 PL games which will see us by that stage a good 12 points away from any such hopes of 7/8th position.

We're not going to lose ground by 12 points are we?

Everton have 23 (Watford H, Man City A, Spurs H, Burnley A, Brighton A)

Bournemouth have 23 (Liverpool A, Wolves A, Brighton H, Spurs A, Man Utd A)

We have 22 (Spurs H, Palace A, Chelsea A, Man City H, Cardiff H)

Brighton have 21 (Burnley A, Chelsea H, Bournemouth A, Arsenal H, Everton H)

Watford have 20 (Everton A, Cardiff H, West Ham A, Chelsea H, Newcastle H)

Wolves have 19 (Newcastle A, Bournemouth H, Liverpool H, Fulham A, Spurs A)

That's the December fixtures for everyone that's realistically hoping for 7th based on the current table. I've not included Manchester United because they'll obviously find a bit of form and get 6th.

Everyone has tough games in December. you play a quarter of the league in that time and there's only a handful of genuinely easy games for sides like us.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

The most frustrating aspect for me tonight was the complete inability to hit a cross field pass, 9 times out of 10 they went straight out of play. Pass completions second half must have been horrendous!

Don't remind me! That ball out to Chilwell was horrendous everytime, I think he actually received it once out of the ten attempts... even worse though, I'm not sure what he was supposedly going to do with it if he did get it. I know we are used to Vardy busting a gut but Nacho was never a willing runner, not once. 

1 hour ago, PaulW said:

Problem is, we need a striker who is nearly as good as Vards, but who is prepared to sit on the bench for 80% of time, (& then be prepared to get abused on here for 'stealing a living').

Good trick if you can pull it off!

In some ways I would like that to be the case, but I really don't think it will be... I think it's clear that Vardy won't be able to carry on as he has been doing, and in reality we are looking at someone who can rotate - maybe trade who starts and who comes off the bench from match to match. 

I was fully expecting a defeat when I saw the line-up, so I'm content with a point.

Having said that, the second half was one of the most pitiful 45 minutes I've seen for a long time. Thankfully we produced a moment of real quality that got us the draw, but the countless passes to the crowd were embarrassing. What's funnier is that a win would've put us in 6th and I can't remember us putting in a great performance all season. 

Looking at this run of fixtures, we could've really done with a win last night, but we seem to step it up against the big boys, so here's hoping we do it again.

1 hour ago, PaulW said:

Problem is, we need a striker who is nearly as good as Vards, but who is prepared to sit on the bench for 80% of time, (& then be prepared to get abused on here for 'stealing a living').

Good trick if you can pull it off!

Good point...getting perhaps someone towards the end of their career like Kevin Phillips or Tony Cottee...that  worked in the past.

But people want young players with potential rather than old "has beens"...Jermaine Defoe anyone !

1 hour ago, bpfox said:

to be honest i dont know, but nacho and diabate along with gray are just not producing, so any one of the kids my be should be given a go. but this all comes back on the boss because he failed to sign a back up striker, and we are paying the price.  

And yet just a couple of hours ago, you did know that his team selections were the problem. If you can't say why they're poor, I would suggest you can't know they are. As for the 'any one of the kids' comment.... Sheesh.

And now with your latest post we find you've changed your mind, and the real problem is that the man whose responsibility over transfers neither you or I know (though I'm pretty sure it's well short of 100%) was actually at fault for not finding a pre-made replacement for our best ever player (a replacement who's fine warming the bench mind). Clearly, if we pushed this latest 'blame claim' (does such a player even exist? is he available? wouldn't he be quite popular with other teams too?) we're going to get another 'I don't know' from you. Because, well, you don't know, do you? Except, except... here you are, with what we're supposed to respectfully call your 'opinions' but what I would call 'illogical, unsubstantiated bobbins'.

This is the crux of why most of the Puel-outers are so bloody irritating. When you push, it becomes clear they have no alternative ideas/approach/strategy. It's just 'I don't like it' - a mini-tantrum they can't see is embarrassing. Clearly as a team we are far from perfect, but taking all the imperfections and trying to blame one person for them (and even pretending they are fixable at all) is the work of a mental toddler.

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 1

I ain't 'glory hunting', I just get p*ssed off when we play below par football.

I'm a fan, I'm fickle and I get emotional - I'll make no bones about that but neither do I feel the need to berate myself for it. I have to balance a desire for us to win every single game we play (home or away, at Man City or Fulham) with as-much-as-I-can-manage-it pragmatic realism. Yes, a point away from home whilst playing badly can be put into context... but it can't make me feel it wasn't a chance missed and feel good about the performance.

• Like 4