Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Fulham 1 - 1 Leicester Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

I'd be interested to see a list of the 'tinkerings' that have occurred which you know were Puel's choice, as opposed to those with were forced upon him by injuries/suspensions/international duties/aftermath of the helicopter incident.

Last night for example he took out Vardy, Gray and Ricardo. Okay Vardy was injured but the other two weren't? And its not uncommon if trawl back through the starting lineups regularly to see players like Ghezzal and Diabate constantly coming in for one game and then disappearing for a few weeks again - our attack is extremely unsettled and lacking in confidence and the consistent changes are not helping. They are no good for anybody because these players don't know if they are coming or going and it adds unneeded pressure to them to perform and it doesnt give them a chance to build any form because they don't know when they'll be back in the team again.. Another example is one minute Ricardo is a right back the next he's an attacking right winger. How is the team able to build any consistency? You can tell the decisions in the attacking sense are majority Puels choice because the players he's dropped are on the bench and come on and play fine.

43 minutes ago, kingfox said:

How is he meant to pick a settled team when we have at least one injury problem every week?

Amartey long term injury.

Maguire's been out for a few weeks.

Evans gets a chance, 3 clean sheets in 4 games with him in the side, then gets injured.

Ghezzal out for a few weeks.

Vardy in and out with constant niggling problems.

We've also had a few suspensions this season which hasn't helped matters.

He has been forced to change things most weeks.

On paper our strongest starting 11 is pretty damn good; however he hasn't been able to field our strongest side because every week we seem to come across a new problem, whether it's another injury or a suspension.

That's not his fault lol 

He wasn't forced to take out Gray and Ricardo last night but he did. I've mentioned before but if you look back through his lineups especially in regards to our attack its constantly changing. You see either an out of form Diabate or Ghezzal appearing in one game and not the next and the players that performed well in the previous game are dropped to the bench.

One minute Ricardo is a winger and next he's a right back. Another Maddison is central and the next he's on the left. There is no consistency and thats why we are really struggling to score from open play at the minute.

Yes there have been injuries but a lot of the changes really are unforced.

Just now, Dames said:

He wasn't forced to take out Gray and Ricardo last night but he did. I've mentioned before but if you look back through his lineups especially in regards to our attack its constantly changing. You see either an out of form Diabate or Ghezzal appearing in one game and not the next and the players that performed well in the previous game are dropped to the bench.

One minute Ricardo is a winger and next he's a right back. Another Maddison is central and the next he's on the left. There is no consistency and thats why we are really struggling to score from open play at the minute.

There has to be some risk management in these decisions also.

What if he plays Ricardo and Gray for 90 minutes in all of these games and one or both of them get injured?

We already have a depleted squad and another 1 or 2 injuries would completely f**k us for December

15 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

What if he plays Ricardo and Gray for 90 minutes in all of these games and one or both of them get injured?

We already have a depleted squad and another 1 or 2 injuries would completely f**k us for December

Well then we'd berate him for being so reckless with our squad and call for him to be sacked.

:dunno:

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dames said:

Last night for example he took out Vardy, Gray and Ricardo. Okay Vardy was injured but the other two weren't? And its not uncommon if trawl back through the starting lineups regularly to see players like Ghezzal and Diabate constantly coming in for one game and then disappearing for a few weeks again - our attack is extremely unsettled and lacking in confidence and the consistent changes are not helping. They are no good for anybody because these players don't know if they are coming or going and it adds unneeded pressure to them to perform and it doesnt give them a chance to build any form because they don't know when they'll be back in the team again.. Another example is one minute Ricardo is a right back the next he's an attacking right winger. How is the team able to build any consistency? You can tell the decisions in the attacking sense are majority Puels choice because the players he's dropped are on the bench and come on and play fine.

A fully fit Vardy plays 80mins+ every game.

Given he hasn't been properly fit (not to mention his suspension), which of Iheanacho, Gray or Shinji would you have 'settled' on as a replacement?

I must admit I am Puel in but, I’m just genuinely interested as to whether fans think a different manager would have us in a better position? I’m taking our unbeaten record with a pinch of salt, partnered with the fact we have been absolutely shocking at times this year including last night BUT in overall context, Leicester City seem to be in a pretty good position right now. There does seem to be a pretty harsh agenda against Puel right now, I’m not sure there would be as much criticism if we had a different manager in that hadn’t initially had as much scrutiny when appointed. I’m sure if we swapped positions with Southampton, Newcastle, Crystal Palace etc we’d all be dying for a manager like Puel and a situation we’re currently in. 

Such a weird season.

We are 1 point off 6th and into the Quarters of the cup and yet as time goes on I am reservations and concerns about Puel are being more and more reaffirmed.

I don't think he is getting anywhere near the full potential out of this team and I'm really struggling to convince myself that he ever will.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

So you're saying that we can't play our best players ever because of risk to injury?

Besides that their 'replacements' could just as easily get injured and they'd be drafted back in playing and 'at risk'.

20 minutes ago, Dames said:

9 games in 30 days he is using his squad, he probably looked at the Fulham game as a more winnable game than Spurs & thought i'll put 2 of the fringe players in for this to give them game time for when/if i need them later in the month & rest 2 starters for the Spurs game because thats all he changed, Vardy was forced, some making out 5 or 6 changes were made with comments of why's he putting a cup team out.

3 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

A fully fit Vardy plays 80mins+ every game.

Given he hasn't been properly fit (not to mention his suspension), which of Iheanacho, Gray or Shinji would you have 'settled' on as a replacement?

If i'm Puel and sticking stubbornly to 4-2-3-1 i'd stick with Nacho and give him a run of games to build his confidence. But its not just the Striker position thats constantly changing (Even if it is due to injury) the 3 behind are rarely ever the same 2 games in a row wether thats due to injury or not.

Personally with Vardy out i'd go 2 up top but thats a whole other debate.

1 minute ago, Dames said:

So you're saying that we can't play our best players ever because of risk to injury?

Besides that their 'replacements' could just as easily get injured and they'd be drafted back in playing and 'at risk'.

Playing 90 minutes every 3 days has its wear and tear.  If you looked at other teams yesterday they rested their top players aswell and their performances suffered because of it.  Liverpool for example

You  think Puel wants to play Danny Simpson at RB?

1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

9 games in 30 days he is using his squad, he probably looked at the Fulham game as a more winnable game than Spurs & thought i'll put 2 of the fringe players in for this to give them game time for when/if i need them later in the month & rest 2 starters for the Spurs game because thats all he changed, Vardy was forced, some making out 5 or 6 changes were made with comments of why's he putting a cup team out.

Sorry but common sense dictates that if you have a run of games coming up especially with a few tricky fixtures in there you go full strength for the winnable games and then maybe rest players for the not so winnable ones. Also there is motivation factor as well - the players drafted in last night know they are in purely because its deemed as inferior opposition and probably know they will be out when we play the good team. That doesn't really motivate you does it? Only playing against 'crap' teams. I think the opposite would have had a better effect - play the 'cup squad' against a 'bigger' team and give them a bigger platform to show what they can do.

In the end going with a 'weakend' team for a winnable fixture has sort of backfired. A point is better than none but really we should have got all 3.

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Playing 90 minutes every 3 days has its wear and tear.  If you looked at other teams yesterday they rested their top players aswell and their performances suffered because of it.  Liverpool for example

You  think Puel wants to play Danny Simpson at RB?

Did you forget that we won the league with barely any rotation? The same players busting a gut over 90 minutes week in week out even in busy periods?

These are professional atheletes they should be able to perform every 3 days for a short period of time. That arguement is null and void i'm afraid.

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Did you forget that we won the league with barely any rotation? The same players busting a gut over 90 minutes week in week out even in busy periods?

These are professional atheletes they should be able to perform every 3 days for a short period of time. That arguement is null and void i'm afraid.

Why does every club in the premier league do it then?

Just now, Dames said:

Many have said we were lucky with a lack of injuries that season and we went out of both cups early

This season Maguire has been injured, Vardy is struggling with his groin significantly, we've lost Amartey who has been an increasingly important player:   its not null and void

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

If i'm Puel and sticking stubbornly to 4-2-3-1 i'd stick with Nacho and give him a run of games to build his confidence. But its not just the Striker position thats constantly changing (Even if it is due to injury) the 3 behind are rarely ever the same 2 games in a row wether thats due to injury or not.

Personally with Vardy out i'd go 2 up top but thats a whole other debate.

You can't just say 'even if it is due to injury' then continue to moan about Puel's selections as though it wasn't!

Well, you can, but you look like a, you know...

Just now, TJB-fox said:

Why does every club in the premier league do it then?

The bigger teams have quality players in every position so swapping Bernardo Silva for Mahrez at Man City isn't going to be the same as swapping Maddison for Ghezzal or Gray for Diabate.

The smaller teams actually go full strength for teams in and around them and rotate against the bigger teams because they have common sense and are not arrogant. We are not a big enough club to be fielding a weakened side against Fulham its pure arrogance.

Just now, turtmcfly said:

You can't just say 'even if it is due to injury' then continue to moan about Puel's selections as though it wasn't!

Well, you can, but you look like a, you know...

I'm 'moaning' about the fact that its not settled. If there is an injury then leave Vardy out - let him recover and give someone else a chance to come in and get a run of games to build some form. Instead we are pulling in Vardy for a game when he's half fit then having to leave him out. There is no consistency.

You're blindly sticking to one point (injuries) and not acknowledging anything else and then inferring name calling. You overlooked the fact I said the 3 behind the striker are not injured but are constantly rotated thats what i'm mostly 'moaning' about.