Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Fulham 1 - 1 Leicester Post Match Thread

7 hours ago, Jacnah said:

Can you define what you mean by leadership? What qualities would you, as a fan, at either a game or via media coverage, use as evidence of good or bad to leadership? 

Not a dig - just a question?

Hes a nice guy and he has talk very well throughtout the last few weeks.

Yet by leadership i mean someone who inspires you... who you believe we can follow to sucess... in whom we put our confidence. ..becase we repect his decision making.  Last season there was a water break near the end of the game. The players stood there not looking at him and he folded his arms and said nothing to them.  I think they accept he is the manager and has to be obeyed. ...as i do... but i don't think his football is right and he seems to be unable to maje changes during a game that make any diffetence.  So i dobt think he is a confidence inspiring leader. .... 

...yet it is not black and white. .. he give young players a chance... andhes a nice bloke.... on balance i don't think he will be with us into next season

12 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Hes a nice guy and he has talk very well throughtout the last few weeks.

Yet by leadership i mean someone who inspires you... who you believe we can follow to sucess... in whom we put our confidence. ..becase we repect his decision making.  Last season there was a water break near the end of the game. The players stood there not looking at him and he folded his arms and said nothing to them.  I think they accept he is the manager and has to be obeyed. ...as i do... but i don't think his football is right and he seems to be unable to maje changes during a game that make any diffetence.  So i dobt think he is a confidence inspiring leader. .... 

...yet it is not black and white. .. he give young players a chance... andhes a nice bloke.... on balance i don't think he will be with us into next season

Do you know we played a game last night where the subs he brought on combined to make a goal very soon after coming on?

• Like 3

The frustration at the moment is that rather than under achieving we seem to get chances, like last night, to make the step and get 6th and pass them up. There’s been some bizarre selections. I can understand most to be fair but some of them have puzzled me and I understand people’s frustrations because it usually followed by abit of an under performance. I actually think we’re playing well and given a season or two more puel will have built a very very very good side that could probably challenge for europa consistently and has changed my own opinion of him somewhat. We just need to cut out the bizzare stuff. 

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan

I’m still torn. Like I said last night, we seem to be able to grind out results and there’s no indication of not wanting to play for Puel. If this was the case, we’d concede and not fight to get back into the game.

BUT... we don’t half look crappy sometimes..:D

It’s bizarre really. I guess it falls down to whether you want results and points or pretty football? It’d be nice to have both, but that ain’t the case at the moment!

I’m sticking with my ‘let’s see at the end of the season’ scenario.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’m still torn. Like I said last night, we seem to be able to grind out results and there’s no indication of not wanting to play for Puel. If this was the case, we’d concede and not fight to get back into the game.

It’s bizarre really. I guess it falls down to whether you want results and points or pretty football? It’d be nice to have both, but that ain’t the case at the moment!

:appl: Sums it up well

Listened on the radio and it sounded like we were a team of blind, arthritic, imbeciles.

Watched MotD and we just seemed slightly off it, which coincidentally, so did Liverpoo (they could easily have lost), Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal. Midweek malaise? Maybe.

The one thing I took out the whole thing is the realisation of how much I hate Stringer's commentary, which has no balance, no substance and no style.

"I'm just a fan," would be his defence, a line that he's trotted out so often it cliché.

However, fan is not the word.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

My eyes are going ...    I spent 10 minutes wondering why Col was calling himself Tom ...  

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It's like a role reversal at the minute, opening few months of the season we were all moaning about the defence. We've managed to keep more clean sheets recently; however everyone is moaning about the attack and not being able to create enough.

It's no surprise that we look more crappy when Vardy doesn't play, we are too over reliant on Vardy and Maddison, if they don't play or they play but don't play well then we tend to struggle. It's no surprise that we look like shit at times when we have to rely on Iheanacho or Okazaki to lead the line.

The Brighton away game for example, with Shinji up front on his own we looked like shit, as soon as Vardy came on we were  the better side. Last night with Iheanacho up front, he showed no capabilities of leading the line, we looked like shit but luckily we pulled out a draw.

When we have the majority of our players fit we are a pretty decent side, when we have injuries and have to rely on our back up players which aren't good enough then understandably we look poor.

I am not a Puel fan, but accept he can grind out results. If we have to watch boring, plodding football and that is what Top wants, then so be it. 

My beef with Puel is that he seems to make the players perform below their capabilities, only allowing them free rein when we are losing. On Saturday, when we went 2-0 up, he shut up shop for the last 60 minutes instead of going for it. Can anyone remember a truly exciting home game this season. He also seems to set up the side to invite constant pressure, which was okay when we could counter attack quickly on a regular basis. I know losing Mahrez was a massive blow, but we are relying on a zero defensive mistake strategy, which is very risky. 

I'm not asking for gung ho Kevin Keegan football, but I think it will be a long time before we unleash the dogs of war again.

1 minute ago, BoyJones said:

I am not a Puel fan, but accept he can grind out results. If we have to watch boring, plodding football and that is what Top wants, then so be it. 

My beef with Puel is that he seems to make the players perform below their capabilities, only allowing them free rein when we are losing. On Saturday, when we went 2-0 up, he shut up shop for the last 60 minutes instead of going for it. Can anyone remember a truly exciting home game this season. He also seems to set up the side to invite constant pressure, which was okay when we could counter attack quickly on a regular basis. I know losing Mahrez was a massive blow, but we are relying on a zero defensive mistake strategy, which is very risky. 

I'm not asking for gung ho Kevin Keegan football, but I think it will be a long time before we unleash the dogs of war again.

Watford are a dangerous side and had chances to get back into it, if we’d have gone for it and thrown the game away the reaction would be even worse, so I don’t see how he can get stick for a fairly comfortable (in the end) 2-0 win. 

Definitely agree that we need to start on the front foot more often though. Being more aggressive without the ball, being in teams faces is when I think we’re at our best, we don’t do that enough under Puel. I’d like to see us mix up our play more. Nothing wrong with looking for Vardy early, something we don’t do enough. There are too many instances where our players take the safe option with the ball.

I wish we’d pass it with a bit more zip too. Can think of so many times where Maguire or whoever just knocks a leisurely pass which slows down our tempo completely.

There have been signs of improvement throughout the season for me however.

1 hour ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Do you know we played a game last night where the subs he brought on combined to make a goal very soon after coming on?

Yes... how many more examples do you have? Is that it?  I have sat thru many games where it was crying out for change... and nothing

11 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

I have critised jim for his lack of leadership... i dont think he inspires the players or the fans

It’s the players’ job to inspire the fans.  Yes, the manager’s job is to inspire the players.  Most of that has to be behind the scenes.  What is a manager supposed to do to inspire the fans directly?

Charge around on the touchline (and pitch) like an 8-year old cheerleader on a sugar binge?  Even Pool fans cringe when Klopp does that.

Entertain at pressers?  That was great by Claudio because it took the heat off the players.  But did it really change what we got from the football?

I personally found Puel’s statement after the tragedy to be inspiring.  Also the way he kept the team together and functioning when everyone in the building was on fumes.  That's the type of thing I looked at when evaluating the managers who reported to me.

You have to be inside that building to truly judge his leadership (unless the situation hits "Claudio season 2" level).  So just opinion, but I don’t see disappointing attacking play as a result of our players’ lack of inspiration or application.

Edited by KingsX

9 hours ago, tobymitch said:

I don’t post on here and don’t go to every game, I watch around 15 games each season. I was fortunate to go last night and sit 10 yards from our dug out, there’s no way Claude set us up conservatively or to just sit in. My observations are based on last nights game not the season as a whole. I don’t like having a go at young players but Kelechi offered no movement last night, there was no option to play balls into the channels, and when we had it wide he made no effort to move toward either post. This was a massive source of frustration on our bench and it made it hard to play counter attacking football, which I’m convinced they wanted to do in the first half. Claude isn’t my favourite but he’s got problems with the inconsistencies of gray and Kelechi, it’s not just how he’s setting up it’s a lack of quality in the final third and from speaking to certain people after,  the club are well aware of where we’re short. After last night my opinion is to leave off Claude, he’s limited in certain areas but we’re 9th in the league, there’s no way that squad should be any higher than that.

Glad to see someone else watching Puel and looking at his reactions. People who think this is what he wants the team playing are blind, he usually looks absolutely fuming at the sloppy play. 

9 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Glad to see someone else watching Puel and looking at his reactions. People who think this is what he wants the team playing are blind, he usually looks absolutely fuming at the sloppy play. 

The guy has the transfer window to make a mends and get the players he want