Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Fulham 1 - 1 Leicester Post Match Thread

34 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

The guy has the transfer window to make a mends and get the players he want

Yes and no. We're still paying for the big contracts handed out to mediocre players like Benalouane, Simpson and James by his predecessors, and have to factor those in to FFP - so we can't just go and buy players without addressing that wage money (likewise Slimani, whose wedge we'll mostly be paying) and getting rid of those players - which requires others to take them. I imagine come the summer when Simpson, Fuchs, Benalouane, Okazaki and King will almost certainly go, then he'll be able to start correcting the squad further. He's already made a good start with the likes of Ricardo, Maddison, Soyuncu and Benkovic

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sammy said:

I actually went dreading our away end last night, pleasantly surprised by how good it was and made the evening 10x more enjoyable. More of that please

16 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Agreed.   It was a good turnout, and fairly vocal.   Better than I was expecting.

It was regret that I had to leave early to catch the train back, which was frustrating.

Well me and my lad were walking across the park towards Putney Bridge and the noise was absolutely fantastic from Leicester.You could hear them clearly right across the park,I’ve never really left early before and it was strange that you don’t notice really how loud you are when in there,but it was constant last night,a good effort.

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Seriously?

Dad really thought Clod could do the job ...   son respects that and, even though he doesn’t think he’s good, maintains faith in him out of respect for father ...   who knows ...    stranger things have happened.

21 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Agreed.   It was a good turnout, and fairly vocal.   Better than I was expecting.

Yes, it was a decent end. The feel good factor was helped by the genuine warmth shown to Ranieri.

Turning to the benches frustrations with Nacho; doesn't this possibly indicate a coaching issue? Do we practice this set-up enough midweek? 

And the substitutions and shape change (as at Brighton) bringing immediate rewards; doesn't this say something about the original line up / game plan?

I don't believe I am being negative or disrespectful. Valid questions I think from a genuine supporter who loves his club. 

9 hours ago, Dames said:

The bigger teams have quality players in every position so swapping Bernardo Silva for Mahrez at Man City isn't going to be the same as swapping Maddison for Ghezzal or Gray for Diabate.

The smaller teams actually go full strength for teams in and around them and rotate against the bigger teams because they have common sense and are not arrogant. We are not a big enough club to be fielding a weakened side against Fulham its pure arrogance.

Maybe we don’t want to be a small club anymore.

4 hours ago, Astleyfox said:

Its just dull, boring, almost unwatchable. Does anyone enjoy it?

I thoroughly enjoyed the Watford game, the 2nd half vs Brighton and the Burnley game we played some decent stuff. 

Last night was gross, as was the cup game, the Cardiff game was a tough battle but were hugely proud of them and the West Ham game was very frustrating but we played some good football as you'd expect when you have a man advantage. So to answer your question, I enjoy some of it and get riled by the rest of it which sums up how I am with Puel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Glad to see someone else watching Puel and looking at his reactions. People who think this is what he wants the team playing are blind, he usually looks absolutely fuming at the sloppy play. 

I agree with this. Observing him and hearing his post match interviews it is evident that it is not an infrequent occurrence that the team does not play how he wants. 

Whilst I would like him to have till at least the end of this season my nagging concern is that he is struggling to get his ideas across and/or implement them and this is a key function of being a football manager. 

17 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I agree with this. Observing him and hearing his post match interviews it is evident that it is not an infrequent occurrence that the team does not play how he wants. 

Whilst I would like him to have till at least the end of this season my nagging concern is that he is struggling to get his ideas across and/or implement them and this is a key function of being a football manager. 

Sounds very much like Mourinho

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tobymitch said:

I don’t post on here and don’t go to every game, I watch around 15 games each season. I was fortunate to go last night and sit 10 yards from our dug out, there’s no way Claude set us up conservatively or to just sit in. My observations are based on last nights game not the season as a whole. I don’t like having a go at young players but Kelechi offered no movement last night, there was no option to play balls into the channels, and when we had it wide he made no effort to move toward either post. This was a massive source of frustration on our bench and it made it hard to play counter attacking football, which I’m convinced they wanted to do in the first half. Claude isn’t my favourite but he’s got problems with the inconsistencies of gray and Kelechi, it’s not just how he’s setting up it’s a lack of quality in the final third and from speaking to certain people after,  the club are well aware of where we’re short. After last night my opinion is to leave off Claude, he’s limited in certain areas but we’re 9th in the league, there’s no way that squad should be any higher than that.

This 100%. I don’t believe for one minute he wants us to play as slowly as we do at times. He wants us to move the ball quicker than we often do, and you can see his frustration on the touch line at times. He’s done a lot of good work so far, but obviously a long way to go.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Caglar was positively buccaneering last night, reminded me of the QE2 when he launched himself. lol

We have a young, talented squad and we are struggling for consistency. It's not that surprising really.

Agree.   Better to have the QE2 in your side  as opposed to a couple of lumbering Large Oil Tankers than have low levels of speed and mobility.   Caglar will be could for us.

13 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Caglar was positively buccaneering last night, reminded me of the QE2 when he launched himself. lol

We have a young, talented squad and we are struggling for consistency. It's not that surprising really.

I thought he was great.  Sure he was at fault for the goal but at least it was though trying too hard rather than not hard enough and hopefully he learns you cannot commit like that.  But in general very positive, I feel he could become a real fans favourite.  We all love a big, messy, scruffy fvcking beast.  Him and Maguire coming up for corners will be like Elliott and Taggart in their heyday.  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Agree.   Better to have the QE2 in your side  as opposed to a couple of lumbering Large Oil Tankers than have low levels of speed and mobility.   Caglar will be could for us.

That's the irony, I would be expecting to say that about Wes or Harry.

If you read the Chilwell interview, he admits he was making a lot of mistakes last season, and look at him now.

I think we can see that Soyuncu has the necessary attributes, and Puel isn't afraid, so I'm pretty confident he is the future. I also like Evans, and thought Evans/Soyuncu looked like a decent pairing.

• Like 1