Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Fulham 1 - 1 Leicester Post Match Thread

For me that was a point gained not two points lost given the lineup we fielded due to injuries. 

Not a great performance, but during the festive period, any points gained are welcome. We will probably drop a few places now due to forthcoming fixtures but we will be safely midtable I imagine at the end of the season.

Good to see Maddison score two good goals since that idiotic dive at Brighton. A good response and 5 goals already is very decent.

• Like 2

No Happy clapper tonight, poor apart from Madderson , first half not good enough because Fulham were their for the tacking. second half was a bit of a car crash good job Fulham are shit. if Soyuncu plays like that against man city we will be 5 goals down by half time, still promising but needs to learn from today. 

Its a point away from home with key players missing so move on and learn from that. we will play better, my only worry is we missed Vardy with limited options on the bench.  new striker needed in Jan  

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

I’m just so grateful for what we have. After watching that performance and still getting a point it feels kinda magical. I mean if we had just not been so unlucky in three matches this season we’d be level with Arsenal right now. I look at what we have and feel warm and fuzzy inside. I’m actually welling up writing this as I’m just so overjoyed with the football in my life. People don’t realise how lucky they are to witness mid table mediocrity, stability and grinding out PL safety. 

I’m 4231 till I die.

Puel in.

You're not helping here Swan :)

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, the fox said:

On paper, we have a much better squad than last season 

Do we? Maddison and Ricardo have been good additions but Mahrez going loses significant quality. Ricardo replaced a player who shouldn't be starting anyway. Mendy has done ok so he's a plus but we still have many issues within the squad.

I think a fit and firing first eleven should be challenging for 8th at least. Go beyond that eleven and we are still lacking. Only ourselves to blame.

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

Arguably you’d play your strongest team against the weaker team to have the highest chance of getting points. Its that tactical foresight i think Puel is missing.

There is now more pressure on the game on Saturday because of the missed opportunity tonight.

What would of been our strongest team....???

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, the fox said:

On paper, we have a much better squad than last season but something is missing. A player who can pick a team apart with pace and creativity and also score goals. A player like maddison but with more flair and the element of surprise about him. 

Someone like... oh, let me see...

Mahrez?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

I’m just so grateful for what we have. After watching that performance and still getting a point it feels kinda magical. I mean if we had just not been so unlucky in three matches this season we’d be level with Arsenal right now. I look at what we have and feel warm and fuzzy inside. I’m actually welling up writing this as I’m just so overjoyed with the football in my life. People don’t realise how lucky they are to witness mid table mediocrity, stability and grinding out PL safety. 

I’m 4231 till I die.

Puel in.

All I see here is could haves and should haves as a defence for a really shit manager.

Cant motivate and tactically inept.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

No just left his first choice players on the bench for our old mate Claudio...course they are carrying knocks, as I suspect was Wes......

He's been known to rest players who aren't carrying knocks. Gray seemed fine when he came on, just frustrating but at least we salvaged a point. 

Got a tough run ahead of us now. I'd happily take 4 points from the next 4 league games.

Urgh, poor performance but decent result.  Will take it and move on.  I think Ndidi is potentially our best midfielder but he hasn't been playing well and it might be an idea to rest him.  He is still young and has played a hell of a lot of football the last few years.  As some others have said, at full strength I don't think we are a bad team at all and with one or two additions I think we could be very good.  If I look at the bigger picture and consider the age of our squad, the fact we are phasing out one team/style and bringing in another, and the tragic off field events I think a mid table finish would have to be seen as a decent season.  Hopefully we can improve going into the second half of the season.  Points/position wise I am pretty happy and whether you are pro or anti Puel some of the comments on here border on mental, it's like reading the ramblings of a load of 7 year olds.  I do think we should be a little more adventurous and go for it a bit though.  As I said, love Ndidi but maybe rest him for a wee bit and bring in Iborra or Silva to see if theor superior passing helps at all.  I would like to to go all out and see something like:

Kasper

Ricardo  Evans  Maguire  Chilly

Mendy  Iborra

Albrighton Maddison  Gray

Vardy

On the plus side Chilwell looked good again and apart from their goal I thought Soyuncu looked full of potential.  I also thought Gray and Okazaki both affected the game positively when they came on.

We are still 9th, some of the doom merchants need a little perspective, even though I of course respect their right to be critical if it is constructive.

Onwards and upwards.

X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Dog shit, is it the players or is it the Manager

And unbeaten in 6. Only beaten by top 8 sides this season so far. Young team. Injuries. Really not sure why we are complaining to be honest. Yeah we were a bit off it tonight and could have won. I’ll take the point though and move on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KFS said:

We need that player right midfield, with a new pacy striker who can understudy Vardy; and a CM who does the work like N’Didi but can pass too.

4 minutes ago, KFS said:

But we are moving away from needing that type of striker. We are changing the way we handled games. Plus, a player can be fast, but Vardy is special. His work-rate and heart isn't easily found. 

We already have enough midfeilders, the problem is, no one seems to be consistent enough and the best CM partnership isn't clear yet. 

5 minutes ago, KFS said:

so what we’re asking for is top 6 levels of investment quite frankly. 

Not really. Fair play rules will make it hard anyways. 

We need to give players time. Some we be good and others not so much. You win some and you lose some. We pretty much hit it big with Kante, Vardy and Mahrez and we can't expect to have the same luck everytime. 

• Like 1

Just now, HitchinFox said:

I'm probably going to get slated for this, but I actually thought that was a tough game and a decent point. 

I agree and thought we might knick a one goal win. Any away points are decent points but for me the main disappointing thing was how we played well enough in the first half and just completely lost control in the second half. If we'd have maintained our first half level then I'd have been much more satisfied and we might even have won it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

What would of been our strongest team....???

Would have included Vardy, Gray and Ricardo.. would have given us much more pace and directness in the team.

If Vardy needs managing then play him in the games we have the best chance of picking up points as we don’t look the same team without him in, it shows when we cant get the better of lesser teams without him.