Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Fulham 1 - 1 Leicester Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

So tonight I’ve been a happy clapping bell end

I’m just trying to fit in with all the other cvnts.

Trouble is you don't seem to be able to decide whether you're a cvnt or a bell end. Must be very confusing. :-)

Edited by trabuch
  • Haha 2

Just now, RumbleFox said:

The problem is, those who criticise get annoyed because they feel like they are lumped in with all the mental people but they fail to realise they do exactly the same with anyone who says anything positive.  This forum is just a depressing representation of the world in that absolute wazzmungers from both sides spoil it for all the normal people in the middle.  X

At least we’ve got the football to cheer us up though.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

No we are not - I can’t even offer balanced criticism of the football with such accusations being laid at my door.

So tonight I’ve been a happy clapping bell end and guess what - that’s not okay either.

Ah well.

I’ve got no problem with balanced criticism of the side at all. I’m far from enamoured with that performance tonight but to me, in the context, it’s decent. Half this thread seem suicidal and most of the ‘balanced’ criticism I’m reading is just vitriolic.

Not aiming my annoyance at you either mate

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dames said:

Would have included Vardy, Gray and Ricardo.. would have given us much more pace and directness in the team.

If Vardy needs managing then play him in the games we have the best chance of picking up points as we don’t look the same team without him in, it shows when we cant get the better of lesser teams without him. 

Not backing your own argument...You have no idea,of a full gameday  fitness,of any of those players.Puel may already of been managing the

Situation,where none of them should of even got near the Bench for tonight's match....

You can't go on the negative on presumptions. Vardy may have not had any chance for today,but is ok for the risk this coming weekend.

Gray,forced on the bench,Ricardos knock heavier than presumed....

But I am not trying to make up a story,to attack or defend tonight's performance,I just don't use unknown facts to create an opinion!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

According to RLeic and Puel; Vardy is doubtful for weekend. That’s not looking good for Spuds and City in the League Cup. 

We have Palace away before Man City. 

I can see Vardy needing some sort of surgery on this groin. 

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Not backing your own argument...You have no idea,of a full gameday  fitness,of any of those players.Puel may already of been managing the

Situation,where none of them should of even got near the Bench for tonight's match....

You can't go on the negative on presumptions. Vardy may have not had any chance for today,but is ok for the risk this coming weekend.

Gray,forced on the bench,Ricardos knock heavier than presumed....

But I am not trying to make up a story,to attack or defend tonight's performance,I just don't use unknown facts to create an opinion!!!

I can see your point and the problem is these facts are pretty much unknown to us. 

The official twitter account tweeted Vardy to say ‘more again tonight’. There is also no other news on injuries so from my perspective those players are fit to play right? 

If it was communicated that they were injured I wouldnt be saying that. 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

I can see your point and the problem is these facts are pretty much unknown to us. 

The official twitter account tweeted Vardy to say ‘more again tonight’. There is also no other news on injuries so from my perspective those players are fit to play right? 

If it was communicated that they were injured I wouldnt be saying that. 

It’s nearly January and we are in desperate need of a striker. It’s more likely tactics to not inflate the market even more! 

27 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

All I see here is could haves and should haves as a defence for a really shit manager.

Cant motivate and tactically inept.

You don’t think he just might have been being maybe just a little sarcastic? No?

21 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

No we are not - I can’t even offer balanced criticism of the football with such accusations being laid at my door.

So tonight I’ve been a happy clapping bell end and guess what - that’s not okay either.

Ah well.

In the first part the key word is "balanced"  criticism is ok and sometimes needed, for instance tonight we were poor play like that against Man city and we will get a beating but i think some people feel ( myself included)  people can lack that balance and get things a bit out of perspective in an overly negative way.

In the second part your were obviously not, it was a bitter irony intended to take the piss so i'm not sure why you would take umbridge about something that never happened ?

Edited by jamfox

I think one thing this performance shows is how absolutely critical the fullbacks are in this system, much less without Vardy. Take either Chills or Ricardo (especially him, because Fuchs offers a lot more than Simpson) out and the overall threat from the side declines precipitously.

Also, Evans is the best overall defender on the squad at the moment, even if not many here see it.  He was missed.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 3

Okazaki changed the game again. We need a number 10 that is going to drive us forward and put the opposition under pressure. Madisson doesn't do enough for me. Good quality in front of goal, but doesn't do enough off the ball to take the game to the opposition.

1 minute ago, Bats8711 said:

Am I the only one who thought Okazaki was noticeably good and certainly the only reason we got a point?  He starts in a supporting role as long as Vardy is out for me.  Nacho can't do it as lone striker.  Needs some support.

Then you've got the problem of a few months ago where we had Maddison on the left which he hadn't got the pace for, will spend most of the match tracking back. Not sure thats a good idea when he's our only goal threat at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

Then you've got the problem of a few months ago where we had Maddison on the left which he hadn't got the pace for, will spend most of the match tracking back. Not sure thats a good idea when he's our only goal threat at the moment.

I know this drum has been banged a few times but as an interim solution 3-5-2 as a formation would solve that problem at least until January. 

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

Evans Morgan Maguire

Ricardo Ndidi Mendy Chilwell

Maddison

Okazaki  Nacho

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

I’m almost thinking the attack would work better with Maddison as a false 9 and Okazaki supporting him - at least if Kelechi is as bad as he was today.  Maddison is certainly comfortable operating inside the box and with Shinji acting as a disruptor like he did for Vardy, Maddison would get his chances.

Am I the only one who thought Okazaki was noticeably good and certainly the only reason we got a point?  He starts in a supporting role as long as Vardy is out for me.  Nacho can't do it as lone striker.  Needs some support.

edit: sorry site glitching out for me - double posted

Edited by Bats8711
accidental double post

9 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

No, @Bats8711 thought so as well

1 minute ago, Bats8711 said: