Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want January 2019

16 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

I can see why people are calling for Victor Moses, a good player who at 27 has his best years ahead of him; but he doesn't have end product and seems to me to be more of the same in comparison to our other wingers at present. 

On 10/12/2018 at 22:26, RumbleFox said:

Kasper

Ricardo  Maguire  Evans  Chilwell

Ndidi  Loftus-Cheek

Albrighton/Gray  Maddison Rashford

Vardy

Mawson  Wilson for back up.  

Easy this management game.  X

You want to sign Rashford???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jones2406 said:

yaya toure anyone :thumbup:

We need a box to box midfielder alongside Ndidi or Mendy as both of them are incapable of supporting the attack. I suppose creative wise Toure could sit in and spread the ball about but would he have the energy levels required to play in a midfield pair? Cambiasso could still get all over the place and his positioning in and around the box was extraordinary, leading to 5-6 crucial goals.

• Like 1

Loftus Cheek and Rashford? Are people being serious. We had absolutely no chance of signing these sort of players when we won the league, let alone now.

On 11/12/2018 at 18:51, justfoxes said:

Unless Claude Puell is keeping his cards close to his chest by announcing we will not be bringing in anyone in January just a couple of outgoings then I’m really dumbfounded if he can’t actually see our short falls in the striking position and the lack of goal scoring we need to bring in a striker a goal scorer as where will our goals come from now it seems Vardy will be out for a while, Maddison is growing week in week out we can’t rely on Iheanacho or Okazaki as both are nowhere near the capabilities of banging a few in the net?

ive been on the fence regarding Puell from start to now and will always be backing our manager as long as the powers to be at LCFC say so but I’m sorry CP if you can’t see where we need to fill places then I’m sorry but it seems you’ve shot yourself in the foot with that statement !!

Really hoping he’s got something up his sleave to find a goal machine to give us a fighting chance with or without Vardy but not only keep us climbing the table but to keep the anti CP Hounds from the door !!

onwards and upwards and all that !!:beer:

I don't even think,it's even 50% in his hands.....He ain't at this time/period going to make high fanciful demands in front of the Media!!

We have too many expensive....for us!!  deadwood players,to firstly put before the door. Too many mishits,from last regimes,that can't be put on his

Doormat!!

I sympathise with your post...but we can't blame player recruitment,or lack of on Puel...

I said from the offset..Puel/any manager was not going to have an easy ride,and it would take at least 3 season to get us on an even keel,if contracts

were going to be held onto,and honoured. Higher positioned management /owners have shown their hand,before Puel,and Puel s first months.

Long term contracts,and over emotion,and sense of belonging,has been forwarded to too many players.Plus more than a couple of unexpected

Mis-hits,that were actually expected to give Puel a bbone of players to welcome his  tenure.

He I am sure was from the beginning,was never going to be given the needed finances to chase too many of the needed players.

The newbuys,and the forethought that the youth,and the  high potential expected has not yet been so forthcoming!!!

Form with quality has not materialised,has he,and we the fans had hoped.even with the successes, it as still left us light in any of the front 5-6 positions.

injuries haven't created chances but problems!!  Only the defence looks like the potential is there for the present and future.

just because we would all  like our " fans suggested players" being picked,while offering those various selection formats

would  see them hitting the ground running,

Doesn't mean saying/hoping it, automatically gets the job done.!!

The squad/individuals are struggling for consitency,and at present not showing that higher quality,we believed to be so obvious.

Too many areas mis-firing,after tantalising us with  that this is it !...with 'we kick on from here moments'...But no !! fate kicks us in the teeth!!

Plus they as a squad and team,are showing they aren't as good,as we have thought...

However..for me I am happy that this dilemma we have, it is happening to us while we are top half of the PL.

I believe Puel has the right character,to see us through this long haul rebuild,but is also himself  disappointed maybe surprised that individuals are

Presently not cutting it,and seeing now,some that Puel really needed to help stabilise ,probably never will !!

Unless like you mentioned,that it is somewhat a facade,I can't see a great January transfer window.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We need a box to box midfielder alongside Ndidi or Mendy as both of them are incapable of supporting the attack. I suppose creative wise Toure could sit in and spread the ball about but would he have the energy levels required to play in a midfield pair? Cambiasso could still get all over the place and his positioning in and around the box was extraordinary, leading to 5-6 crucial goals.

Fofana from Udinese 

5 hours ago, MattP said:

Loftus Cheek and Rashford? Are people being serious. We had absolutely no chance of signing these sort of players when we won the league, let alone now.

Scandalous ain't it. It's like theres a malfunction  in some fans brains when they catch wind of players who are being touted in the media as potentially going to leave because of lack of game time. Yet since such rumours both are pretty much first choice for their clubs but still the brain hasn't computed it yet.

• Like 3

Leandro Trossard, jump in and snatch him from right from under Arsenal's noses and I am inclined to agree with the Loftus-Cheek call, but doubt we'll be anywhere near either. Depends on league position in January. I think players will see the club's ambition and also, the lads in the England set-up shows potential international recognition too.

Edited by Westlife

Think it’s more about the summer window for puel. With benkovic and Barnes coming back I think we then have some more completion for places and hopefully the quality of performances will improve. Names we should be looking at this window and for the summer:

- Chris Mepham (very comfortable on the ball, physical, young)

- Allan Saint-Maxim (skilful, French winger with an eye for goal)

- Ole Selnæs (good tackler and a decent passing range)

- Unsure on which striker, Max Philip? Not getting many games at Dortmund this season but did alright last year.

I think a good starting 11 as of next season would be:

KS

Ricky Benkovic Maguire Chilwell 

Ndidi Selnæs

Saint-Maxim Maddison Gray

Vardy

subs: Ward, Amartey, Soyuncu, Mendy, Barnes, Albrighton, Philip

Wesley would be nice. Barella would be a pipe dream. I'm not fussed about the winter window though, this season is just a building block, a foundation. Like Bournemouth took a few years in the top flight to reassert their ethos successfully and are now reaping the benefits, we will take time and I'm not fussed about it. I think we should see a similar summer in terms of movement as this summer. Probably Morgan, Iborra, Silva, Fuchs, Okazaki out. Hopefully more good quality youth players in. A winger who can finish, two new strikers, and a ball playing, sturdy CM. I would like Wesley, think he really would do well. Got a killer finish. And our last signing from Genk outstripped expectations as well...

The Welbeck shout is growing on me. He's versatile. Arsenal don't have the best record of keeping players fit. He could play wide right or left so more a replacement for Albrighton or Gray. 28 so we could get quite a few good years out of him if we could just keep him fit.

• Sad 1

If all rumours from local and national media ,on little business will be done .. here is the team that would give us an alternative...if Vardy is struggling.

Schmeichel.

Evans.                     Morgan/Soyu

Ndidi

Periera                                                  Chilwell

Shinji 

Albright.                              Mendy/Iborra

Maddison

Maguire

Subs: choices from ..

Morgan/Soyuncu....Iborra/Mendy..Fuchs....Amartey ..Nacho..Ghezzy,Gray..Youth-player,Silva

having Maguire up front,gives us that Steve Walsh/Matty Elliot type of set up.Then Albrighton becomes more  dangerous with a targetman

Who can head the ball

He can slot into the CB position if one the others CBs get a game injury,and re-shuffle becomes necessary.

Shinji,was never really an out n out Striker,and has played for Mainz,in various midfield positions...

Here can he give us 55-75 minutes as the box to box,+ ball carrying link to get us on the frontfoot.

NDidi holds the fort,and doesn't need to regular put in long passes...

• Haha 1

The growing shouts for Danny Welbeck: He’s sort of broken his ankle and will miss the rest of the season. He’s also 28. 

Here’s his injury history:

18/19 Ankle Injury Nov 9, 2018 - 34 days 8Arsenal FC
17/18 Groin Strain Oct 16, 2017 Nov 18, 2017 33 days 7Arsenal FC
17/18 Hip Injury Sep 18, 2017 Oct 12, 2017 24 days 4Arsenal FC
16/17 Toe Injury Apr 17, 2017 Apr 20, 2017 3 days 1Arsenal FC
15/16 Cartilage Damage May 9, 2016 Jan 2, 2017 238 days 29Arsenal FC
15/16 Knee Surgery Sep 3, 2015 Feb 4, 2016 154 days 30Arsenal FC
14/15 Patella problems May 4, 2015 Sep 3, 2015 122 days 11Arsenal FC
14/15 Knee Problems Mar 30, 2015 Apr 2, 2015 3 days -
11/12 Torn Muscle Fibre Aug 29, 2011 Sep 19, 2011 21 days 3Manchester United
10/11 Thigh Problems Jan 6, 2011 Jan 27, 2011 21 days 3Sunderland AFC
09/10 Knee Injury Mar 25, 2010 May 31, 2010 67 days 9Manchester United