Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Time for Puel to go

40 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

no matter how many times we say it, its not gonna get through the dense skulls, its not about league position ****ing hell! is it that hard to understand? 

You probably shouldn't have gone on about league position for the previous six months then.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

no matter how many times we say it, its not gonna get through the dense skulls, its not about league position ****ing hell! is it that hard to understand? 

So it's even more stupid.

1 hour ago, F1_AN said:

Valid points about the squad but being very simplistic is he getting the best out of what he has available?  I’d be surprised if many said yes to that...

Vardy being unfit, suspend and in and out of the squad hasn't help. 

Maybe not, but would anyone available to us do much better, look at Southampton he got the 8th, and look were the next two manager got them. 

Edited by coolhandfox

52 minutes ago, yks said:

We must be the only midtable club in the world where most fans want to sack their manager because we are ranked midtable midseason.

It's not the number of points or the mid-table position that most fans are tired of, its the god awful boring football we are having to witness week in and week out. And guess what it's not going to get any better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F1_AN said:

Valid points about the squad but being very simplistic is he getting the best out of what he has available?  I’d be surprised if many said yes to that...

I can't help but think a lot of people over rate this squad. Too many signings just haven't worked out and players who were good are getting to the point of needing to go because of their age. Then you have loads of raw youngsters. It's reasonable to want a better style of play, but I'm really not sure results wise we'll be drastically better off with that.

Howe and Bournemouth were flavour of the month on here not so long ago and they've lost 6 in 7. Everton 1 win in 6, Watford 1 win in 6... in fact there are 9 teams with only one win in the last 6 games which is bonkers.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, F1_AN said:

I'm firmly in the "Puel in" camp unless we are in danger of relegation, and no, he's not.
Still, he's way closer to getting the best than getting the worst out of this team.

3 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

It's not the number of points or the mid-table position that most fans are tired of, its the god awful boring football we are having to witness week in and week out. And guess what it's not going to get any better.

So you want to fire the manager and risk the future of the club because you can't appreciate this style of football.
OK...

6 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

There’s literally no point keep telling them,from now on when they don’t get it,I’m just gonna tell them a story,starting with the fart I did in the kitchen before,sometimes you got to squeeze nearly had an aneurysm but it was bloody worth it,I nearly took off,tore me self a new ring piece.should have recorded it and sent it on guffs app! 

I don't care about the fact that his style is boring. I think it's good that he's adding a new dimension to our game. But It's Not Working! A squad like ours should not be losing points against a Zaha-less Chrystal Palace. The amount of times we aren't taking advantage of other results going our way is stupid. This happened last year with that string of 1-1 draws that stopped us potentially getting European football at the KP again.

Something needs to change or CP will be going soon.

3 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

There’s literally no point keep telling them,from now on when they don’t get it,I’m just gonna tell them a story,starting with the fart I did in the kitchen before,sometimes you got to squeeze nearly had an aneurysm but it was bloody worth it,I nearly took off,tore me self a new ring piece.should have recorded it and sent it on guffs app! 

We get that you are just entitled "fans" who might compromise the future of the club because the style of football played doesn't entertain you enough.

The club owes you nothing but still you feel you have the right to ask for potential dreadful decisions that might put the club in danger and get people fired and I'm not talking only about the manager, but workers at LCFC who might lose their job if we are relegated if the next appointement is a Southampton's Pellegrino/Mark Hugues kind.

Just because "you're bored".

That's incredibly irresponsible and selfish.

• Like 1

Firstly, I don't like the style of football and don't think he's getting enough out of a talented squad. But fvck me was it only a month and a half ago that we suffered probably the worst tragedy in the club's history and people were (rightly) stating that results paled into insignificance, that Puel had done magnificently, etc. Now some people want him sacked immediately after a couple of admittedly shit performances? Now I am not for one minute saying he should stay purely based on what happened on October 27th, but it is quite amazing how entitled some people come across as.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Howe and Bournemouth were flavour of the month on here not so long ago and they've lost 6 in 7. Everton 1 win in 6, Watford 1 win in 6... in fact there are 9 teams with only one win in the last 6 games which is bonkers.

Almost like every mid-table side is inconsistent and sometimes infuriating to their fans ?

2 minutes ago, yks said:

We get that you are just entitled "fans" who might compromise the future of the club because the style of football played doesn't entertain you enough.

The club owes you nothing but still you feel you have the right to ask for potential dreadful decisions that might put the club in danger and get people fired and I'm not talking only about the manager, but workers at LCFC who might lose their job if we are relegated if the next appointement is a Southampton's Pellegrino/Mark Hugues kind.

Just because "you're bored".

That's incredibly irresponsible and selfish.

The other day I got on the tram and there was this really annoying bloke who before every stop was announced decided to pre announce each stop with details exactly as they would have been announced officially a minute later,he thought he was cool but he really looked a bellend.

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Almost like every mid-table side is inconsistent and sometimes infuriating to their fans ?

Nah, I think that would been a known fact by people saying they're "football fans" if that was a thing.

Edited by yks

Just now, bovril said:

Firstly, I don't like the style of football and don't think he's getting enough out of a talented squad. But fvck me was it only a month and a half ago that we suffered probably the worst tragedy in the club's history and people were (rightly) stating that results paled into insignificance, that Puel had done magnificently, etc. Now some people want him sacked immediately after a couple of admittedly shit performances? Now I am not for one minute saying he should stay purely based on what happened on October 27th, but it is quite amazing how entitled some people come across as.  

There is nothing whatsoever 'entitled' about having an opinion on whether a manager should remain in charge or be dismissed. It's astonishing how often you see this word thrown about by people who seemingly do not understand it.

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

There is nothing whatsoever 'entitled' about having an opinion on whether a manager should remain in charge or be dismissed. It's astonishing how often you see this word thrown about by people who seemingly do not understand it.

True. I should've used fickle. Entitled seemed like the word of the day so I just thought I'd pile in.

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yes it is, because this opinion is due to the fact that you expect something from a football club and you think it has to give it to you

Spoiler : a football club doesn't owe you anything.

Edited by yks

2 minutes ago, yks said:

Yes it is, because this opinion is due to the fact that you expect something from a football club and you think it has to give it to you.

You're creating a faux argument here.

Let me repeat what @ClaphamFox has stated:

"There is nothing whatsoever 'entitled' about having an opinion on whether a manager should remain in charge or be dismissed."

Two different pairs of shoes.

i hate to say it but exactly the same is happening to us as to what happened  at Southampton. we mocked them for sacking him when they did.  we pointed out the league position was quite good but they said the football played was absolutely awful....

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, yks said:

I'm firmly in the "Puel in" camp unless we are in danger of relegation, and no, he's not.
Still, he's way closer to getting the best than getting the worst out of this team.

Really!? 

The performances have been horrible!... What have you been watching to make you think he's even close to getting the best from the players? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

You're creating a faux argument here.

Let me repeat what @ClaphamFox has stated:

"There is nothing whatsoever 'entitled' about having an opinion on whether a manager should remain in charge or be dismissed."

Two different pairs of shoes.

Except Clapham Fox created the faux argument, because the entitlement isn't due to only expressing that opinion, but to the reasons of this opinion.