Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Everton (A)...pre match thread.

14 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Kasper

Ricardo Wes(C) Maguire Chillwell

Ndidi     Mendy

Choudhury

Albrighton               Maddison

Vardy

Subs: Ward, Iborra, Silva, Gray, Ghezzal, Evans, Diabate, Fuchs

This would be my pick too, but Maguire looked ruined after the match yesterday so will have to wait and see if he's fit. 

6 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

Just realised it’s a 12.30 ko, may as well give em the points

6 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

Just realised it’s a 12.30 ko, may as well give em the points

So much negativity, let's get behind them and show some support, I've come to the conclusion that some so called fans just like to moan, I'm getting fed up with so called fans sagging our team off, 

• Like 2

I'm on the 433 train too. Everton like to have possession so I think it could work in our favour as they aren't as good with the ball as Man City or Chelsea are.

The game at the KP was an interesting one. I thought we were the better team and in the ascendancy until a very questionable sending off and Sigurdsson's super strike. Even then Amartey could have equalized at the death. In that game I thought Bernard was their best player and had Ricardo, Amartey and Morgan in his pocket all game long. But given how good Ricardo is at the moment I am hoping he won't have as much joy. I really hope Hamza can play as we looked like we had so much more energy with him in the team.

We haven't had the best results of recent against Everton, but I think this game could fall into our hands. They are having similar problems to us in that they are really inconsistent. They have smashed some teams and looked great but have also been spanked a number of times too.

It's a game that will probably be decided by the little details. The last time Maddison made a cock-up he came back very strongly in the next game and am hoping he does the same this time round too.

I think we will get something out of the game so am cautiously going for a 1-2 away win. But then again I thought we would beat Cardiff 2-0 so Nostradamus I am not!

Edited by StriderHiryu

13 hours ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Maddison, Gray and N’didi all need benching for a while. I’d start Simmo at right back and push Ricardo further up the pitch, he is currently our best attacking player. Firm up the midfield with a three adding Iborra to potentially Hamza and Mendy, and stick Ricardo, Vardy and Albrighton up top. Can’t be any worse than starting as we did against Cardiff.

Pretty much all of this.  Ricardo supplying vardy more often..

4 hours ago, KFS said:

3 midfielders, this is now must win.

That's the lesson Puel should have learned from Chelsea & Man C. The most important consideration when selecting our formation is not the opposition but what best fits the players in our squad.

The consistency in formation employed by O'Neill and then Ranieri, in our most successful recent years, bears that out.

I would like to see us freshen it up a bit to be honest. I think Puel should have rested a few more v Cardiff as fatigue cost us in my opinion. I think Maguire would have got a rest if Evans and or Morgan were fit/well. Vardy for me should have got a rest with playing Iheanacho and Okazaki as a two man attack. Now I think we need to give one or two more a rest in this fixture as a result. Assuming people back from illness, I would go: 

Kasper

Simpson   Morgan  Evans   Chilwell 

Ndidi   Iborra  Choudhury

Ricardo                            Gray

Iheanacho

Subs: Ward, Soyuncu, Fuchs, Ghezall, Mendy, Okazaki, Vardy. 

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'm on the 433 train too. Everton like to have possession so I think it could work in our favour as they aren't as good with the ball as Man City or Chelsea are.

The game at the KP was an interesting one. I thought we were the better team and in the ascendancy until a very questionable sending off and Sigurdsson's super strike. Even then Amartey could have equalized at the death. In that game I thought Bernard was their best player and had Ricardo, Amartey and Morgan in his pocket all game long. But given how good Ricardo is at the moment I am hoping he won't have as much joy. I really hope Hamza can play as we looked like we had so much more energy with him in the team.

We haven't had the best results of recent against Everton, but I think this game could fall into our hands. They are having similar problems to us in that they are really inconsistent. They have smashed some teams and looked great but have also been spanked a number of times too.

It's a game that will probably be decided by the little details. The last time Maddison made a cock-up he came back very strongly in the next game and am hoping he does the same this time round too.

I think we will get something out of the game so am cautiously going for a 1-2 away win. But then again I thought we would beat Cardiff 2-0 so Nostradamus I am not!

I'm surprised trains run that early on New Years Day

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Kasper

Simpson       Soyuncu   Morgan    Chilwell

Ricardo  Mendy   Choudury  Albrighton

Okazaki    Vardy

(assuming Maguire is injured )   defend from the front with Okazaki and Vardy closing down.

hopefully get a 0-0 or 1-1 ..not too fussed about the league now  .we are going to finish about 9th or 10th anyway...concentrate on the FA Cup with the top 6 tied up in Europe ,lets give it a good go.

Puel must know his squad of players by now, time to clear a few out and strengthen in certain areas..creative midfielder and another goalscorer

badly needed

25 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

What's the betting that Sigurdsson hits one in from 25 yards whilst our phalanx of DCMs invite him to shoot and give him 5 minutes to take aim? Same thing happened in the home match v these, as well as for 4 out of the 6 goals conceded in the last 6 games. 

Choudhury will surely come back in and we'll be better off for it.

Playing Ndidi & Mendy in a 2 is starting to grate on me a bit- they both recover the ball quite well but that's about it. They don't create anything, they don't control & dictate games, they don't shield the defence & attackers always seem to be able to break the lines- they're both similar players and have similar limitations. Why we persisted with it on Saturday is anyone's guess.

Bring back Hamza.

Ward (Kasper needs a mental break, made a few terrible passes in the last couple of matches)

Ricardo

Soyunco

Maguire

Chilwell

Ndidi

Iborra (not a knock on Mendy but I'd like to see another goal threat - especially from corners)

Hamza

Albrighton

Maddison

Iheanacho/Gray (other on bench)

Vardy off the bench in the second half , Mendy, Fuchs, Simpson, Hughes/Knight