Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Everton (A)...pre match thread.

3 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

What's the betting that Sigurdsson hits one in from 25 yards whilst our phalanx of DCMs invite him to shoot and give him 5 minutes to take aim? Same thing happened in the home match v these, as well as for 4 out of the 6 goals conceded in the last 6 games. 

To be fair in the last game Maddison was right on him he just got ruined by a great piece of individual skill. 

• Thanks 1

For me the Everton game tomorrow is big and will really show us what level this squad are at if we beat Everton or draw tomorrow I think we will finish 7th if not I think it will be about 10th neither bad positions but Everton are probably our biggest competition for 7th and I think beating them could give us a real boost. But losing to them could put us in a mind set of losing two on the trot and we could slump. Of recent my target for Leicester has been to finish above Everton as I think they are at a similar level to us and if we finish above them we will come 7th or 8th and it will be a good season. And then we can long term next year or two work towards getting into Europe.

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

Kaspa

Ricardo

Soyuncu

Maguire

Chilwell 

Hamza

Ndidi

Mendy

Nacho

Maddison

Vardy

Could it work? 

I like it but we know he wont start Nacho and Vardy, especially away from home. But Albrighton looked shagged against Cardiff and Gray was biz! And foxestalk would explode if Ghezzal started! Is Wes still injured?

14 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I like it but we know he wont start Nacho and Vardy, especially away from home. But Albrighton looked shagged against Cardiff and Gray was biz! And foxestalk would explode if Ghezzal started! Is Wes still injured?

Not sure what was going on with Wes, assumed a cold like Evans lol 

i was banging on about if chelsea took all their shots, they would have won so only fair i say the same about the Cardiff game- we would have won so  we would have been happy to lose to chelsea and beat man city and cardiff so can’t say this is a crunch game... lose convincingly though and Puel might start to be breathing heavily...

• Like 1

On 29/12/2018 at 23:05, Bert said:

Kasper 

Simpson

Morgan

Evans

Chilwell 

Ricardo 

Choudhury

Iborra

Mendy

Maddison

Vardy

That's exactly the side I would play too. I like the idea of Simpson in behind Ricardo so Ricky can push up as much as possible. Could work brilliantly in my mind.

As much as I love Wilf, he needs a break and Iborra is an ideal player for tight away games.

Hopefully hamza gets a game as played well just hope we don’t expect to much from him to soon as will have a few games that he isn’t great in. Hopefully vardy is firing again as there defence is earful so could be there for the taking if we get at them early on 

The line up vs Cardiff told us that Puels instinct is safety first; playing Mendy Ndidi and just one up top against a side with 2 points  from 27 away tells it all. 

I have a nasty feeling we will get mullered as Everton we’re not at all happy with the Brighton game and are desperate to please their home fans. Fingers crossed but I think we’re in for a tough day; and bar Man City away 3 seasons ago our lunchtime Kick off results in the prem are woeful.