Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
siraaj_lcfc

Long Range Strikes

It seems that we are conceding a hell of a lot of long range strikes recently. Mendy and Ndidi don't seem to be closing them down quick enough, which was certainly the case against Cardiff. Schmeichel isn't the tallest and there wasn't anything he could do for the Cardiff one. However, games like Palace saw goals which shouldn't have gone in.  Seems to be a bit of a problem. Penny for yer Thoughts?

45 minutes ago, MattP said:

Seems to be a reoccurring theme someone shoots whilst Mendy is late closing down and N'Didi is just standing there watching it happen.

yeah, it'll be worrying when we play against sides like Man City who have players who can hit them from range. KDB, Fernandinho etc. Plus, I dont think Kasper is great at saving long shots either. His positioning has always worried me. 

6 minutes ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

yeah, it'll be worrying when we play against sides like Man City who have players who can hit them from range. KDB, Fernandinho etc. Plus, I dont think Kasper is great at saving long shots either. His positioning has always worried me. 

Can’t work out if your post is sarcastic or not.... 

• Haha 1

Just now, sdb said:

Mendy and Ndidi cover so much ground over 90 mins. We were chasing the game. Conceding long range goals is sometimes due to luck or unstoppable strikes. Don’t think blame should be pinned on them.

Yeah that Camarasa whats his faces shot, was top bins. No keeper is saving that. 

It seems to be a mix of mendy being slow to react and another player not closing down.

Everton - Mendy didn't react quick enough 

Palace - Maddison was stood there and didn't react, mendy also slow to try to close down

Cardiff - No one closed him after Ghezzal lost the ball

13 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Remember watching a programme with Gary Neville and he said how Peter hated long shots to be closed down, think because of visibility and risk of deflection.

Don't know if Kasper has the same thought process

Don't mind that thinking as long as he saves the ones that do come through lol 

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Seems to be a reoccurring theme someone shoots whilst Mendy is late closing down and N'Didi is just standing there watching it happen.

Which is exactly what happened yesterday 

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Happened again yesterday but I'm not sure you can pin as much of that on Mendy as Ndidi and Maddison - you look at yesterday, Ndidi closer, Mendy has to come out because Ndidi is disinterested. Crystal Palace and Everton, Maddison is half hearted in the challenge/in closing down and Mendy has a split second to try and get over to bail his teammate out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Fixed it for ya

I mean, Stoke definitely wasn't. His first touch was shocking, it ran away from him and he stepped up and hit it as hard as he could. Luckily straight into the back of the net. 

Derby, was decent. Woodwork helped him out a little, scratch that a lot. I was behind the net.