Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Player of the season (so far!)

Who is your player of the season so far?  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your player of the season so far?

• Schmeichel
    • Ricardo
    • Chilwell
    • Morgan
    • Evans
    • Maguire
    • Choudhury
    • Ndidi
    • Mendy
    • Albrighton
    • Maddison
    • Ghezzal
    • Gray
    • Iheanacho
    • Vardy
    • Okazaki
    • Iborra
    • Fuchs
    • Amartey
    • Soyuncu

As above, Ricardo or Chilwell.

Opted for Ricardo with Chilwell a close second.

I said after the Man City game that it feels like Ricardo has finally settled in the city, let alone the squad. It's as if he's found his feet and has started to gel really well with the rest of the squad on the pitch.

One of those that will give his all and give 100% up and down the right flank. Defensively he has improved immensely since that game against Bournemouth. Can't recall a bad performance from him since then and that was over 3 months ago. And going forward, he's everything we were asking for since winning the league. A right-back that can support the right winger when attacking. He offers that in abundance. And more to his credit, he's happy to play in the right win position if we need to attack even more so that Simpson can come in to defend, leaving Pereira to attack at will. It's like a breath of fresh air in that position for us and I hope he continues the good form and stays injury-free.

Chiwell has come on leaps and bounds in the last 12 months. Consistent appearances, continually playing well and has a positive mindset, not too cautious or risky on the ball and happy to take players on knowing he has the confidence to do it more often than not. Not lazy at all, could improve on passing or decision-making but he's a great asset to have as he compliments Ricardo on the other side. It's good for the side knowing they have two work-horses on either flank to support if necessary. 

• Like 2

I'm so glad we signed Ricardo and Chilwell has developed nicely. Hopefully they won't get injured.

We'll have to sign another LB/RB soon though. Simpson is going to get phased out and I don't want no back ups for Amartey. Fuchs is leaving this summer so hopefully we can get another promising player there.

Chilwell has been the most consistent so I'll go for him.

Ricardo has been the best player in the past month or two but was awful for the first month or two where he cost us about a goal a game. He could easily win it by the end of the season if he keeps up his current form though.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Chilwell. Ricardo keeps the last 6 weeks up until the season end and he'll win it though.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Chilwell for me. He’s been at a consistently good level all season. Tough between him and Ricardo who is now showing us that he’s the player we expected him to be. 

Aye agree with these two. Ricardo took a wee while to settle, no shame in that but Chilwell has been strong all year. 

Ricardo has looked different class lately though. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

Aye agree with these two. Ricardo took a wee while to settle, no shame in that but Chilwell has been strong all year. 

Ricardo has looked different class lately though. 

Yep, that’s the only thing with Ricardo even though I’m thinking to myself it’s quite harsh because the lad has come over to a new league, language etc. But as Matt says, carries on this way he wins player of the season which then would be harsh on Chilwell for his consistency.

• Like 1

Made some great strides, that Ricardo Pereira fella.

Started out wobbly and as a liability as right-back, never knowing whether to be a defender or winger.

Now he seems to have found his role. Much improved, one of our best players in the starting XI.

Equally impressed by Chilwell, but Pereira nicks it.

It's either Chilwell, Ricardo or Mendy for me, players who either developed, came here because of, or played under Puel before. If Puel doesn't make it here I hope our next manager is as good at developing youth. Especially in the case of Chilwell. And Ricardo and Mendy must have been 22/23 when they played for him before.

Chilwell for me, as he has performed well throughout the season so far. Ricardo has been brilliant for the past month especially but it took him a couple of months to find his feet, so I feel Chilwell edges it at the moment.  If Ricardo keeps up his current form to the end of the season, however, he might well pip Chilwell to the award.

Our fullbacks have to be the envy of the league.  Top-drawer two way players in a position which has become difficult and expensive to fill.  And they are young and on reasonable, long-term contracts.

I voted Ricardo -- just excited over having flair and end product in that position, which this side needs desperately.