Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

Moronic things fans near you say....

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

It's still shite patter. No one else who's won the league does it.

Not disagreeing with you that’s it’s stupid to sing just that certain teams that have won league titles before the song still he a point. 

As a side side not I think the 2 guys that sometimes sit next to me are on here as they’ve not been as unbearable since I had my rant. So thanks for that. lol 

I laugh when reading these and then despair at the amount of morons in the stands. Some woman behind me calls Ghezzal, ‘Mahrez’ and nobody has ever found it funny. Still does it every game. 

The best was at a game when a lad who must have been at least 16 asked his dad if Craig Levein is responsible for pumping up the footballs. 

2 hours ago, Dorchester Fox said:

I’ll always remember the Porto game when a young fool sat behind me shouted out with no sense of irony & a genuine misunderstanding of European geography.. 

‘**** off back to Spain you twats’.. 

Reminds me of commentary I heard years ago with Alan Green and Trevor Brooking. A Brazilian player was booked for something he said.

Brooking: "The ref must understand Brazilian"

Green: "You mean Portuguese?"

Brooking: "No he's definitely Brazilian".

• Haha 1

American advert but you could do a pretty similar version of this for English fans.

A guy near me at Filbert Street would often shout "kick it" at random times as if professional footballers hadn't thought of it.

11 hours ago, Asha said:

Obviously it's moronic.

Doesn't Shaqiri have Albanian roots though? I'm not exactly sure but there was a lot of stuff about him winding up Serbia fans when he scored against them.

He does have Albanian roots, yeah. 

Still, we all have roots from different countries that you could trace. Doesn’t make us from that county and certainly doesn’t make us a car washer 

Another one that annoys me when we have like 5 corners and every one doesn’t beat the first man or goes straight out of play etc.

We then have corner number 6 and we play it short.

Cut to “GET IT IN THE BOX YOU STUPID TWATS!”

Erm they tried and can’t do that. 

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

That was the same person at the same game as the “bigger goals” comment lol

To be fair there are quite a few who don't know about the "no offside in throw-ins" rule even among regulars, but being guilty of both offenses is quite a feat lol

Bloke behind me with his two young kids in the first season back in the Prem.

Makes a bold decision fairly early on with regards to colourful language at the football that instead of accepting there will be words that the kids hear that they shouldn’t repeat, that instead he will try and drown out the lyrics sung by 32,000 people and replace them with his own family friendly version.

OH HIS NAME IS LEONARDO. LEICESTER’S NUMBER 23.

YES HE COST A LOT OF MONEY.

Unbelievable.

• Haha 2

Just remembered another thing as well from the City game (as they're the only ones that have tried to catch us out with it).

Ederson took a goal-kick and it went over our defence to Aguero.

So many screams of 'OFFSIDE!!!' 

Do these people not know the rules?! You can't be offside from a goal-kick, ladies and gents. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dorchester Fox said:

I’ll always remember the Porto game when a young fool sat behind me shouted out with no sense of irony & a genuine misunderstanding of European geography.. 

‘**** off back to Spain you twats’.. 

Could've been at Casillas :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Bloke behind me with his two young kids in the first season back in the Prem.

Makes a bold decision fairly early on with regards to colourful language at the football that instead of accepting there will be words that the kids hear that they shouldn’t repeat, that instead he will try and drown out the lyrics sung by 32,000 people and replace them with his own family friendly version.

OH HIS NAME IS LEONARDO. LEICESTER’S NUMBER 23.

YES HE COST A LOT OF MONEY.

Unbelievable.

When my brother was a lot younger, my dad would tell him that the crowd was calling the ref a banker, as that was his other job! 

The things parents do to keep their youngest ones innocent!

I lived in Southend for a while and a couple of incidents spring to mind.

I remember being at a Southend United league match and they paraded their new manager (Alan Little) just before kick off, to huge applause.

10 minutes after kick off the opposition scored and 5 minutes later it was 2-0 and the bloke next to me started ranting and shouting:

"This blokes no better that the last manager!"

Also, when our own and the great Arthur Rowley was managing them in division 4 (as it was then) the crowd were shouting 'Arthur Rowley's blue & white army'. 

Southend went 1-0 down and the chants immediately turned to 'Rowley out, Rowley out!' 

Just shows the impossible job managers have!