Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

Moronic things fans near you say....

51 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

I lived in Southend for a while and a couple of incidents spring to mind.

I remember being at a Southend United league match and they paraded their new manager (Alan Little) just before kick off, to huge applause.

10 minutes after kick off the opposition scored and 5 minutes later it was 2-0 and the bloke next to me started ranting and shouting:

"This blokes no better that the last manager!"

Also, when our own and the great Arthur Rowley was managing them in division 4 (as it was then) the crowd were shouting 'Arthur Rowley's blue & white army'. 

Southend went 1-0 down and the chants immediately turned to 'Rowley out, Rowley out!' 

Just shows the impossible job managers have!

There was a bloke in the West Stand a few years back and he'd be shouting "get Futacs on" almost every single game at around the 60 minute mark whatever the score - sometimes even when he wasn't on bench, the call never seemed to come whatever the situation.

Then one game Futacs finally comes on, almost immediately doing something shit, then in almost silence this same voice bellows out "get Futacs off"

Everyone pissed themselves.

Edited by MattP

5 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

He does have Albanian roots, yeah. 

Still, we all have roots from different countries that you could trace. Doesn’t make us from that county and certainly doesn’t make us a car washer 

Too true. Just look at all those Swiss car washers.

There is a guy a couple of rows behind us in SK1 that ever since Demarai Gray signed he has slagged him off for everything..  so much so me and my mate are convinced Demarai has been playing around with this chaps mum or wife (could be the same person with this chump)

Actually heard against Cardiff when the ball was across the other side of the field "look at the way Gray is running, it's a disgrace". It's always a good addition to the match day fun!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

Isn’t our fans but has anyone else by chance seen this disgrace by Hull?? There’s a video too ????

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/hull-city-worst-chant-english-football-leeds-united-213893

To be fair Hull is a bit of an odd club. Not sure if they still do it but when we played them in the cup in 2015 we were laughing our heads off in the away end as the players came out to a flood-light light show while the tannoy blared ‘eye of the tiger’. One of the most bizarre things I’ve seen at a football ground. 

• Haha 1

On 31/12/2018 at 00:34, Matt_Lcfc said:

Stoke away 2015.

young lad in his 20s or so, spends the whole game hurling abuse at Shaqiri and racially abusing him for no particular reason.

”fvck off you Albanian carwasher”

”Albanian immigrant” 

not that he’s Swiss or anything. Was tempted to turn around and make that remark but I was only around 14 or so, still made me laugh how thick this guy was though :blink:

Shaqiri is Swiss  from an Albanian family, which is why he did the Eagle hand shape when he scored against Serbia.

Not that it excuses it!

10 minutes ago, Vulpine Victor said:

Shaqiri is Swiss  from an Albanian family, which is why he did the Eagle hand shape when he scored against Serbia.

Not that it excuses it!

You’re right it doesn’t excuse anything. But he was born in Kosovo.