Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

Moronic things fans near you say....

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

He's Albanian, it's not racist. It's just like someone calling us a Brit. He has dual nationality so technically hes correct. 

I imagine the racist bit is where he calls him a car washer because of his nationality, rather than the bit where he states his nationality. 

• Like 2

Just now, Matt_Lcfc said:

Yeah, I mean you’re right lads. I’m indeed thick for calling it a “racist remark” when 1) he gets his nationality wrong

2) calls him a car washer 

my bad, bunch of morons

Except you have failed to recognise that Shaqiri identifies as an ethnic Albanian and that the majority of car washes in England are run by "Kosovans".

6 minutes ago, Osavo said:

I imagine the racist bit is where he calls him a car washer because of his nationality, rather than the bit where he states his nationality. 

Is that really a racist term? Now people don't take this wrong, but it's an easy cop out in 2019. I'm pretty level headed but calling someone a car washer is not racist, it's derogatory. 

I am now wondering if shouting 'you black t**t' or some such is now deemed acceptable by some, because the receiver of the abuse happens to be black - ergo, it's accurate, ergo it's not racist....

It's a racist epithet, because if it wasn't, it wouldn't be used in the negative, derogatory sense.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I am now wondering if shouting 'you black t**t' or some such is now deemed acceptable by some, because the receiver of the abuse happens to be black - ergo, it's accurate, ergo it's not racist....

It's a racist epithet, because if it wasn't, it wouldn't be used in the negative, derogatory sense.

Now that is racist. Stop being silly. 

40 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Is that really a racist term? Now people don't take this wrong, but it's an easy cop out in 2019. I'm pretty level headed but calling someone a car washer is not racist, it's derogatory. 

So if someone called Hamza Choudhury a corner shop owner, would you consider that racist or not?

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Sad 1