Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Everton Post match Thread.

The substitution of Vardy in the 92nd minute, the referee had to re-enact one additional minute in extra time.

What did CP want to do with that? He still has a lot to learn, hopefully not in Leicester...:claude:

I know very well what I am writing about. Of course you can take time off the clock by changing players.

But in this case, I think it was pointless and unnecessary to give Everton an extra minute...

Edited by mucfox
clarification
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Brilliant result in what is looking like one of our highest ever top flight finishes in the history of our club.  That people are still calling for Puel's head is completely beyond me.  That we can beat Chelsea, Man City and Everton yet people focus on losing to Cardiff to me sums up the levels of mental gymnastics some folk force themselves in to because they are not big enough to admit Puel is doing a decent job.

Well done Puel well done Leicester City.  Onwards and upwards.  X

Don’t think it is, or ever has been a results issue. Think it is a “he is boring” issue.

Which, if true. Is a bewildering outlook based on current trajec6ory.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

It's a definite Puel 'Out' for me. I mean look at the stats:

- Only 3 pts secured throughout the whole of 2019

- No home wins this calendar year 

- Only one goal scored in 2019

- Yet to pick up any points against any of the top 6 and bottom half sides since the turn of the year. 

How can the board continue to back this manager?!? :ph34r::dunno::D

?

25 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Fair enough but what more do you expect?  Do you reasonably expect us to finish above any of the "big 6?".  Look at Everton today for evidence of how difficult it is for us teams in the middle to be consistently good.  Liverpool, Man City, et al are consistently good because they have a huge infrastructure and huge squads.  We are not on their level but signs are we are inching their way slowly.  We have a young squad and are currently doing pretty well.  

We have a huge squad too, it is just that a large percentage of it is not up to it. But agree we are not at the level of the Clubs above us (and Celtic:ph34r:)

• Like 1

Just now, mucfox said:

The substitution of Vardy in the 92nd minute, the referee had to re-enact one additional minute in extra time.

What did CP want to do with that? He still has a lot to learn, hopefully not in Leicester...:claude:

I think there is a hint if sarcasm here but so some knuckle draggers don’t use this as ammo all teams who are winning make subs in injury time

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Hammo said:

I voted Chilwell our player of the season so far the other day but he was generally poor today. Check out how often he gave the ball away and let Bernard get so easily past him into the area at the end. The kid is a huge talent but he badly needs a rest

Yeh  how very dare he be great all season then make some mistakes in a game?

bin the twat.

Guest MattP

Superb three points, the 3DCM away is really working.

I tip my hat to Puel - he's got it spot on over the Xmas period Cardiff aside.

Edited by MattP

52 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Anyone asking for him out currently is frankly an idiot.

People said he couldn't fix the defence, he did, people said he couldn't fix the set piece issue, he has. People said we'd be in relegation worries without Mahrez, we're 7th. People said he wasn't good enough to get us the points, he is. 

This is Pearson all over again, constantly doubting the manager and then him doing things they said he couldn't do. The argument has now moved form those things to entertainment and attacking. Perhaps we could actually appreciate the things he as done and actually think about giving him the time to sort out those other issues. 

He's shown previously that in terms of the sort of players we needed he was on the wave length of the fans, by getting an attacking right back (who looks a superstar) and a creative 10 who is showing plenty of promise for a young lad. Give him the chance to fix the other issues, if Silva and Iheanacho had been good buys we and he would not have as many problems, but they've been woeful and it's caused issues we didn't think we had any longer. That's not a problem of his making, he needs to time to sort this squad out as the flops are hanging around our neck and causing a lot of our issues.

The results should buy him some respect and some time. 

Great post.

After Palace it was the first time I'd swayed slightly to wanting him out, now I'm firmly back in to believing again.

9 points out of Chelsea, Man City, Cardiff and Everton is a great return and it goes to show that obviously the players are still all behind him and perhaps believing in his philosophies and strategies more than ever.

No-one can say it's a fluke win, here or there, either. For many teams that's a good return and right now, shows how much the players can bounce back after a last-minute loss at home.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Fair enough but what more do you expect?  Do you reasonably expect us to finish above any of the "big 6?".  Look at Everton today for evidence of how difficult it is for us teams in the middle to be consistently good.  Liverpool, Man City, et al are consistently good because they have a huge infrastructure and huge squads.  We are not on their level but signs are we are inching their way slowly.  We have a young squad and are currently doing pretty well.  

not at all, in summary i’m pleased with our position and points total but not as pleased with our lack of attacking prowess, inability to pass and isolated vardy, points and performances aren’t mutually exclusive.

Edited by shade
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

I  didnt go but according to Radio Simpson was man of match so why not mentioned or is it because of the unfair stick he has had on here

According to Radio Simpson on 104.4fm you were motm? Without even playing, ****ing well done mate. :appl:

• Haha 2

Apart from one terrible pass from Maguire I thought he had a much better game today, Evans is a solid defender, bargain.

Ricardo lethal.

Choudary deserves to start every game, if Puel is to take something from these 3 wins its the formation and players that have proven they can match the better teams in the league.

Albrighton was superb.

Lots for the Puel to work with, as long as the players are playing for the manager and everyone is in sync we have no reason to worry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Anyone asking for him out currently is frankly an idiot.

People said he couldn't fix the defence, he did, people said he couldn't fix the set piece issue, he has. People said we'd be in relegation worries without Mahrez, we're 7th. People said he wasn't good enough to get us the points, he is. 

This is Pearson all over again, constantly doubting the manager and then him doing things they said he couldn't do. The argument has now moved form those things to entertainment and attacking. Perhaps we could actually appreciate the things he as done and actually think about giving him the time to sort out those other issues. 

He's shown previously that in terms of the sort of players we needed he was on the wave length of the fans, by getting an attacking right back (who looks a superstar) and a creative 10 who is showing plenty of promise for a young lad. Give him the chance to fix the other issues, if Silva and Iheanacho had been good buys we and he would not have as many problems, but they've been woeful and it's caused issues we didn't think we had any longer. That's not a problem of his making, he needs to time to sort this squad out as the flops are hanging around our neck and causing a lot of our issues.

The results should buy him some respect and some time. 

This all day, the guy deserves more respect, top post. 

21 minutes ago, mucfox said:

Erm give the team a breather? Give them a chance  to communicate with each other get fully organised? Sounds like you have a lot to learn too.

25 minutes ago, mucfox said:

unbelievable.