Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Everton Post match Thread.

Scrappy game, not a lot of quality from either side after a hectic schedule. I was surprised how bad Everton were, I know they’ve been inconsistent as well but they were really poor today, Goodison was the quietest away ground so far this season ?. Vardy took his chance. We stayed solid, and never really felt under pressure. 9 points from 12 over Christmas and New Year, more than people would have expected. :scarf:

9 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Erm give the team a breather? Give them a chance  to communicate with each other get fully organised? Sounds like you have a lot to learn too.

Especially as it's 30 seconds per sub and Puel was getting blasted by Puel outers for not making subs to waste time.

• Like 1

Let's be honest, had we let Everton get anything out of that game considering how poor they were, it would not have reflected kindly on us.  And as poor as they were, they still hit the post and had a point blank chance stopped at the end.  As they say, a win's a win.

Hamza is a monster.  Especially in the first half when we couldn't complete a pass, he was EVERYWHERE cutting everything out.  I'd be very interested to see him play in a 2 with either Mendy or Ndidi when we go back to 4231 - Ndidi and Mendy's passing was particularly brutal today.  But, end of festive fixtures, etc etc.  

• Like 1

Just now, FoxFossil said:

All true, just wish he was a bit less boring. Guess we've been spoilt with Nige and Claudio. Also perhaps think of a way to play to win at home now we've got away sorted.

I think we can sort the home issue when we recruit better players to play in the wide areas of the 3 in the 4-2-3-1.

He growing on me, he's not going to ever be as entertaining listen as those two, but hopefully he does he's talking with the team on the pitch.

Guest Col city fan

I was almost shocked at how poor Everton were. With the dosh they’ve spent, supposedly a great young manager... they were bloody awful

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Especially as it's 30 seconds per sub and Puel was getting blasted by Puel outers for not making subs to waste time.

Haters got to hate, let be honest he's damed if he does and damed if he doesn't. 

I think he could win 10 in a row and people would still pick fault.

9 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

All true, just wish he was a bit less boring. Guess we've been spoilt with Nige and Claudio. Also perhaps think of a way to play to win at home now we've got away sorted.

Although NPs interviews were no more informative. Half the time he was just looking to start an argument.  Claudio was hilarious

43 minutes ago, mucfox said:

The substitution of Vardy in the 92nd minute, the referee had to re-enact one additional minute in extra time.

What did CP want to do with that? He still has a lot to learn, hopefully not in Leicester...:claude:

Just go away you obviously aren’t a leicester fan 

• Like 1

Well done! Everton were shit! I do like that Midfield 3 of Hamza, Mendy and N'didi when we play away or against top teams, teams really struggle to break that down. But to say it again and again, I just hope Puel now finds an effective solution against teams who want to do the same to us, sit back and soak it up. Oh and.. Ricardo is a gem!

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Haters got to hate, let be honest he's damed if he does and damed if he doesn't. 

I think he could win 10 in a row and people would still pick fault.

People have already made up their minds on Puel. You'll usually get the caveat of "if we can keep this up I might change my mind". But one bad result and it's tinfoil hat time again.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

Good result, not the best game to watch but it was a professional performance and we defended very well and limited them to very few chances. Whether you're Puel in or Puel out, you can't deny we are very strong defensively now and must be one of the top teams in the league for clean sheets. Yes we have work to do to create more chances and score more goals but if you start with a solid defence, we can add a few quality attacking players into our squad (probably in the summer rather than jan) then hopefully we will start to create more and score more. Although we didn't create loads today, had our final ball been better we would have created several more chances today. 

Look at Bournemouth for example, score lots of goals  and have good attacking options like Wilson, Fraser and Brooks but there defence is dreadful. Getting a solid defence is always the hardest thing for any team, and we seem to have cracked it! 

Edited by jayfox26