Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Everton Post match Thread.

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I was almost shocked at how poor Everton were. With the dosh they’ve spent, supposedly a great young manager... they were bloody awful

Yeah me too, although you look at their team and it ain't great for all the money even on paper.

They got absolutely torn to pieces by Spurs the other week and tbh I thought we could've got in behind 3 or 4 more times if the final ball was right. We can look shite at times but we don't ever really get opened up like that

They came to play us when we lifted the PL trophy. I reckon after seeing that and thinking that could be them they went all out. Just shows spending ridiculous sums of money doesn't always buy you success.

Since Claude Puel’s first Premier League match in charge of the club in October 2017, Jamie Vardy has scored 22 goals in the competition for Leicester under the Frenchman – double the number of any other player.

For all the people who say Puel's style doesn't suit him.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Especially as it's 30 seconds per sub and Puel was getting blasted by Puel outers for not making subs to waste time.

Although if we are being really picky the best time to make a sub is about 89 minutes as at this point the the ref has usually told the 4th official how long he wants to add and the sub doesn't usually get counted. but anyway besides the point moaning about that sub is one of the stranger Puel out lines of attack I've seen.

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I was almost shocked at how poor Everton were. With the dosh they’ve spent, supposedly a great young manager... they were bloody awful

Their fans were awful too. Must be a depressing day to be a toffee.

8 minutes ago, smr said:

They came to play us when we lifted the PL trophy. I reckon after seeing that and thinking that could be them they went all out. Just shows spending ridiculous sums of money doesn't always buy you success.

Spending big money to get success was not what we were about. If Everton believed that spending alone would get them places they were very naive.

8 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Spending big money to get success was not what we were about. If Everton believed that spending alone would get them places they were very naive.

Their recruitment has been poor. They've managed to get some real quality players but can seem to get them to click. The amount they've spent on their back 4, they're still shakey with Pickford and Keane. 

They're lacking a real quality striker too. Someone who can take their 1 or 2 chances a game. 

1 hour ago, shade said:

not at all, in summary i’m pleased with our position and points total but not as pleased with our lack of attacking prowess, inability to pass and isolated vardy, points and performances aren’t mutually exclusive.

I get your points. More goals, excitement would of course be nice. I've never said Puel is perfect but he definitely gets more stick than he's due. X 

26 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Since Claude Puel’s first Premier League match in charge of the club in October 2017, Jamie Vardy has scored 22 goals in the competition for Leicester under the Frenchman – double the number of any other player.

For all the people who say Puel's style doesn't suit him.

... you mean Vardy himself?? 

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I get your points. More goals, excitement would of course be nice. I've never said Puel is perfect but he definitely gets more stick than he's due. X 

I fail to see how the win today is a vindication of Puel’s management at all. We scored a goal ina duller than ditchwater game on the counter following an Everton corner. Puel wants us to abandon the counter in favour of possession football. Most of our wins are constructed by counter attacking - look at the goals v Huddersfield and Watford, Chelsea. How many goals are directly attributable to shifting the ball around patiently until a space opens up? The defence looks better I will grant you that and that’s despite changes in personnel - so we have ,made progress there. But you cannot say we are winning games because Puel is successfully changing the style, if anything the opposite is true.

• Haha 1

Some thoughts...

1) We're an away team - one could make a case that the Man City win was an 'away' performance.

2) Everton looked poor - it may have had something to do with how we set-up and played.

3) Our tactic appears to be to contain 1st half and press for errors in the 2nd half.

4) It wasn't pretty, and we give the ball away too often.

5) 31 points from 21? Don't mind if I do.

• Like 2