Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Everton Post match Thread.

17 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

An exciting attacking team that can pass the ball! 

It it was embarrassing today - what the hell happens in training, because it doesn't translate to match days. We were poorer today than against Cardiff, but some allowance as we were the away team. 

There is no real future in this style of football, we counter attack at half the pace of 2015/16, so teams are less worried about us and our final pass us normally a cock up. 

We we are basically a boring side that soaks up pressure and hopes to nick a goal. 

Sorry, I find this an extremely short sighted opinion

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Gave the ball away a lot, but for long periods he was the only option for passes out and it’s easy to defend against one man. Wilf, Mendy, Ghezzal and Simpson weren’t available pretty much every time he lost it-until they are you can’t blame him too much.

Don't get me wrong, Chilly is a star but today - probably through fatigue - he was laboured, off his game and at times a defensive liability. Apparently, if the match stats are to be believed, he lost possession 22 times in the first half alone! That's a shocking stat. And, as another poster pointed out, he played Tosun onside for their only chance of the second half (which Kasper saved) by ball watching. He had his moments going forward but it was probably his worst game of an otherwise excellent season. Rest him next weekend and he'll be flying again v Southampton, I'm sure of it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Winning today makes the Cardiff debacle even more infuriating. Did the hard work against 3 decent teams but couldn't beat that utter dross at home. Massive wasted 3 points.

He wins when hamza plays.

When stringer asked why no hamza against Cardiff puel said he was dolving a differebtboroblem... stringer is a poor finisher... he should have said what was thevproblem? Did you solve it coz we just lost.

Stringer also let peul get away with saying the cardiff result was just bad luck... yeah they score a good goal in extra time. .. but in ninty minutes puels team failed to score at all.  That was not bad luck... it was designed-in inpotance

7 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Winning today makes the Cardiff debacle even more infuriating. Did the hard work against 3 decent teams but couldn't beat that utter dross at home. Massive wasted 3 points.

Yes, frustrating but ultimately unlucky on the balance of play. Sometimes it might just be better for the mind and constitution to enjoy the 9 points gained than whine about the 3 lost. It may lead to an outbreak of morale and happiness ?

• Like 1

Don’t think I’ve known a manager divide opinions on this forum as much as CP. like him or loathe him, we’re 7th in the EPL. We’ve got limited options up top, that’s obvious. But Rome wasn’t built in a day. 

We’ve won 2 maybe 3 out of 4 games, I didn’t expect to pick up a point, let alone 9. Ironically  Cardiff was the only game I thought we’d pick up points. Be patient, give him a fair crack of the whip. We’re in a decent place. 

4 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Shit performance.

Immense result.

For me it’s time to sack off the 4-2-3-1 and just let the players get comfortable with this 4-3-3 formation and then it will hopefully really start to click. 

I don’t get this. We set up as 4-3-3 when the game plan is to sit back, stay tight and hit teams on the counter. Fine against Man City, Chelsea and Everton but it won’t work in the majority of matches we play.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I agree it is so frustrating. But it must be difficult to keep up the level of performance over the festive period purely because of the number of games they have to play. Also, I know they are professionals but they've got to do all that at a time where I'm sure they're trying to squeeze as much time with family as possible.

We lost on Boxing Day to Liverpool in the title-winning season so I'm hoping the loss to Cardiff this season will just be seen as a blip during a busy schedule.

To come away with 9 points from those 4 fixtures is a tremendous return. Before them, you'd say we'd be lucky to get 4-6.

Edited by ALC Fox

Great result. Love seeing a Vardy counter attack goal.

We are in such a strange position right now. 7th in the league and just dispatched Chelsea, Man City and Everton yet there is still a huge amount of doubt in the manager, who is also still favourite to get the sack next.

Claude Puel was brought in to make us less reliant on counter attacking, yet weirdly we are probably more reliant than ever on counter attack goals and arguably more effective at producing counter attacking victories.

The concerns with Puel all lie in the large chunk of matches where we need to break teams down. Our recent record in those matches is atrocious, as are the performances. It’s these games that will define Puel.

• Like 2

Great result and good time to play EFC. Awful first half and glad to see Puel relenting to fans' demands second half to put Albrighton on. Ghezzal was terrible, didn't know whether to play inside right or wing and out of position, a little boy lost. Constantly left Digne alone, no defensive nous there sadly. 

Thought Mendy showed more attacking instinct than usual, probably buoyed by Hamza who was mopping up well. 

Left flank has the 2015 Fuchs/Albrighton feel now. Both Perreira and Childwell progressing rapidly and in tune with each other's game.

Vardy goal from our vantage point was a work of a master craftsman. Took it brilliantly and had been largely second best in his duel with Keane prior to that. Great celebration too!

1 minute ago, Tringfox said:

What would you ask him?

What are you trying to do?

Do i you really  believe  that ghezzel starts ahead of madison? Explain 

Do you understand why some fans think you are crazy?

Why are we seeing no improvement in players?

Do you regret not hiring a striker in the summer? 

If you're bringing barnes back isnt that an admission that you shouldnt have let him go to wba?

How long do you think you will be allowed to carry on?

Why do you talk about quality when 32000fans have just witnessed good players unable to score against burnley palace Southampton reserves cardiff etc? What do you mean by quality? How much of this is down to u and how much the players

2 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Great result. Love seeing a Vardy counter attack goal.

We are in such a strange position right now. 7th in the league and just dispatched Chelsea, Man City and Everton yet there is still a huge amount of doubt in the manager, who is also still favourite to get the sack next.

Claude Puel was brought in to make us less reliant on counter attacking, yet weirdly we are probably more reliant than ever on counter attack goals and arguably more effective at producing counter attacking victories.

The concerns with Puel all lie in the large chunk of matches where we need to break teams down. Our recent record in those matches is atrocious, as are the performances. It’s these games that will define Puel.

Which is the main reason I still think

he needs to go.

What HE wants to do is absolute dogshit.  Its only when he goes against his natural instinct we actually look half decent again.

• Like 1

Ricardo is a very good player all the correct decisions and a lovely touch for the goal.(playing left wing !)

Evans showed his qualitee again as did Simmo proper defenders.

Hamza early days but puts in a lot of work and the three in midfield just gets us the ball back,Gray could not do that job.

Poor game but I would take that result every time.

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

What are you trying to do?

Do i you really  believe  that ghezzel starts ahead of madison? Explain 

Do you understand why some fans think you are crazy?

Why are we seeing no improvement in players?

Do you regret not hiring a striker in the summer? 

If you're bringing barnes back isnt that an admission that you shouldnt have let him go to wba?

How long do you think you will be allowed to carry on?

Why do you talk about quality when 32000fans have just witnessed good players unable to score against burnley palace Southampton reserves cardiff etc? What do you mean by quality? How much of this is down to u and how much the players

Come on, some of those are worse than the usual shitshow of questions. I'll answer them in order:

To win matches

Tired legs

Ignore question, aggressive

Chilwell, Amartey, Gray slightly

Your only decent question

No. It's an admission he needed experience and confidence in a lower league first, and he's excelled - great loan.

Talk about the last four matches - ignore the part about being down the players or him, aggressive.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

Come on, some of those are worse than the usual shitshow of questions. I'll answer them in order:

To win matches

Tired legs

Chilwell, Amartey, Gray slightly

Your only decent question

No. It's an admission he needed experience and confidence in a lower league first, and he's excelled - great loan.

Talk about the last four matches - ignore the part about being down the players or him, aggressive.

Of course... but if he gives these answers we can ask for more detail.... given the lack of potencey in his teams

As a club we're sitting about where we should be. 

I don't know it just feels like we're setting up to grind out result after result at the moment. Going to make sure we gain as much PL cash as possible but the football won't really be remembered as being anything outstanding. The win against Man City has been the one stand out game I've attended this season so far. 

It's like we're playing an attritional game on the pitch and one with the fans off it.

We can't get rid of him  but I'm just going to have to accept there's not going to be much in the way of entertaining football.