Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Everton Post match Thread.

53 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Winning today makes the Cardiff debacle even more infuriating. Did the hard work against 3 decent teams but couldn't beat that utter dross at home. Massive wasted 3 points.

I get what you are saying and was thinking the same earlier but then wondered how much that loss contributed to the win today. 3pts dropped = 3pts won kind of thing.

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yes, frustrating but ultimately unlucky on the balance of play. Sometimes it might just be better for the mind and constitution to enjoy the 9 points gained than whine about the 3 lost. It may lead to an outbreak of morale and happiness ?

Same here too

The euphoria I felt after Chelsea and especially leaving the ground after man city far outweighed the disappointment felt after the Cardiff game

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, woollett the bullet said:

Same here too

The euphoria I felt after Chelsea and especially leaving the ground after man city far outweighed the disappointment felt after the Cardiff game

'Woolley the Bullet' good memories  eh, have forgotten a lot of it though ??

Edited by volpeazzurro

7 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Defensively this team is light years ahead of where it was - I don't see how even the most rabid Puel-haters can deny that.  Obvious issues remain with creating chances, and the mix in midfield is clearly wrong despite Puel going back to it over and over.  The problem is we don't have many two-way players - right now Chilwell and Pereira are about it, so Puel has to choose his poison and he's generally choosing solidity at the expense of creativity.  

This is the biggest plus I can say with Puel. Since the Arsenal game we have been defensively very steady. As stated previously - one equaliser conceded all season, suggests very good game management.

We don't have the lead often but when we do we normally always keep it.

• Like 1

i was way too drunk to actually go to the match but i did watch most of it in between being sick. however i think i imagined this but did we basically play ricardo left mid for half the game? what a baller. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

i was way too drunk to actually go to the match but i did watch most of it in between being sick. however i think i imagined this but did we basically play ricardo left mid for half the game? what a baller. 

Haha, yes all match. I thought he was quiet for most of the first (along with everyone else except Hamza) half but was excellent in the second.

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Come on, some of those are worse than the usual shitshow of questions. I'll answer them in order:

To win matches

Tired legs

Ignore question, aggressive

Chilwell, Amartey, Gray slightly

Your only decent question

No. It's an admission he needed experience and confidence in a lower league first, and he's excelled - great loan.

Ignore question, aggressive

Talk about the last four matches - ignore the part about being down the players or him, aggressive.

Good point. A journalist shouldn’t be asking aggressive or so overtly leading questions.  

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

What are you trying to do?

Do i you really  believe  that ghezzel starts ahead of madison? Explain 

Do you understand why some fans think you are crazy?

Why are we seeing no improvement in players?

Do you regret not hiring a striker in the summer? 

If you're bringing barnes back isnt that an admission that you shouldnt have let him go to wba?

How long do you think you will be allowed to carry on?

Why do you talk about quality when 32000fans have just witnessed good players unable to score against burnley palace Southampton reserves cardiff etc? What do you mean by quality? How much of this is down to u and how much the players

Has Stringer put you up to this to make him appear good ? 

2 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

Don’t think I’ve known a manager divide opinions on this forum as much as CP. like him or loathe him, we’re 7th in the EPL. We’ve got limited options up top, that’s obvious. But Rome wasn’t built in a day. 

We’ve won 2 maybe 3 out of 4 games, I didn’t expect to pick up a point, let alone 9. Ironically  Cardiff was the only game I thought we’d pick up points. Be patient, give him a fair crack of the whip. We’re in a decent place. 

I think things will change, he has got results and results matter, winning and playing badly is a platform to build on.

In not Puel in or Out, but he is one of the most frustrating managers at times with decisions he makes but there is no chance he is going to get sacked anytime soon 

Let's hope he gets a chance to bring some fresh blood in to play his type of Intensitee and qualitee

3 hours ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Turn what around?

I can understand frustration at style, but whatever you feel about that, there is nothing to turn round. We’re 7th, 3 wins from 4. We’re doing it without a playmaker and without a second striker. Our form is outstanding, and the progress we’re making with youth and integrating excellent signings is extremely encouraging for the future. 

Whatever happens at Southampton, we have seen Hamza and Chilwell brought through, Pereira brought in, the ageing back four phased out, and the loss of Mahrez mitigated, all while placing at the top of most people’s expectations for league position. We lost on pens in the League Cup.

What more, honestly, could you want?

I want to approach games like Southampton confident we’ll win not fearing another Cardiff, Palace, Bournemouth, Fulham, Burnley game.

We’re 7th thanks to 9 points from games against Man City, Chelsea and Everton and not 3 points out of 15 from relegation fodder. Puel’s 4231 has turned into footballing suicide with these players. They are not equipped to play that way and haven’t been for a year.

I finally lost patience with Puel after too many shite performances to relegation fodder with the same mistakes being made again and again, I don’t know if reverting to counter attack and playing 433 for Chelsea Man City and Everton was a touch of genius or just pure desperation on Puel’s part, but I am glad it worked. The Cardiff game and the first half today still leads me to suspect these results are despite Puel not because of him.

It took me a long time to go Puel out and I’m not going to just flip back. We have a fantastic squad and I don’t think they are being managed to their potential. I know this seems counter intuitive seeing as we are 7th which is probably our limit realistically but so many games have been needlessly wasted and we realistically could be challenging for 4th with a few more wins from the games against lower table opponents. Southampton and Wolves next before some tough fixtures. If we go back to 4231 and lose both games or scrape a few points I’m not going to change my mind that Puel is holding this team back. 

I want us to win and I want Puel to prove me wrong, but I’ve been waiting a year now and I’m still seeing the same mistakes.