Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Everton Post match Thread.

25 minutes ago, broughtonblue said:

Another game where the result deflects away from another shocking performance. We have no idea how to break teams down that don't attack us. Judging by some comments on here it seems a case you actually had to be there to see how bad it was. 

Interestingly enough, Talksport described the performance as excellent after the game which I chuckled at at the time but then when I thought about it, kind of agreed.

It's more than a first 11 team game anymore, especially at this time of year with 4 games in 10 days. 

Puel rotated his squad and despite the first half being rather ponderous, he gave some rest to key men and had faith in a fresh formation that were drilled well enough to nullify any threat from a virtual full strength Everton and provide us with a springboard to let some of our thoroughbreds off their reins and attack a team in the second half, away from home, silencing their fans to claim the 'best of the rest' mantle leading into 2019 by walking away with 3 points. 

The development of Hamza in the period has been a class piece of management and, whereby the 'attractiveness' of the performance wasn't anything to write home about, to take 3 deserved points from Goodison following the highs of Chelsea and ManCity demonstrated steel, leadership and determination in our squad that was, to use Talksport's word, excellent in its 90 minutes of execution.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Has anybody explained or given examples of when we've managed to consistently play attacking goal scoring football against lower teams than us yet?

Apparently there's this really well known method that Puel should be using, yet nobody seems to know it? Last time I remember was when we were in the championship when we tore it up.

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Has anybody explained or given examples of when we've managed to consistently play attacking goal scoring football against lower teams than us yet?

Apparently there's this really well known method that Puel should be using, yet nobody seems to know it? Last time I remember was when we were in the championship when we tore it up.

It's counter attacking! Puel is an idiot for trying to ever change a starting 11 that's won and ever deviating from our passhun-filled counter attacking style. Doesn't even matter that you can't really rely on counter attacking to break down defences - as long as we can see lots of balls over the top to Vardy and quick transitions then nothing else matters!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

It's counter attacking! Puel is an idiot for trying to ever change a starting 11 that's won and ever deviating from our passhun-filled counter attacking style. Doesn't even matter that you can't really rely on counter attacking to break down defences - as long as we can see lots of balls over the top to Vardy and quick transitions then nothing else matters!

It's weird that Puel hasn't gone back to the exciting Leicester Way™ football where we camped on the edge of our area and lumped the ball anywhere (hopefully withing 30 yards of Vardy). 

1 hour ago, The_Rorab said:

This is the daftest thing I have seen written on this forum. 

Puel has had to find a new way for us to play as teams worked us out after 15/16 when we ceased becoming a 'lesser' club in the league that all teams fancied they could pick us off as Claudio had no real plan B.

It started towards the end of our title season but by the time teams worked us out it was too late and we crossed the line off the back of 1-nils which was different from the free scoring games fo Mahrez & Vardy in their pomp. We then lost key players over the next season or 2 that we couldn't replace like for like and when Vardy is off form, or sidelined for whatever reason, who do these 'lots of balls' go to as it has been futile trying to replace him so far? 

We have had to learn to maintain counter attacking as it works against the bigger teams who press us but then find and alternative possession based game as counter attacking rarely works against the smaller ones who sit back and then try find some sort of hybrid blend against the 'best of the rest' (8-13th Everton, Wolves, Watford etc) who fancy trading blow for blow.  Yes it is still a work in progress and we get dips and poor results but we are 7th and had a half decent league cup run with the FA cup still to come.

Seriously, Puel's ability to get us to where we are with so many young players coming through, some great young talent tearing up the championship and Scottish prem and evolving our game to more complex levels than seen before should be applauded and I fancy you need to point that accusatory finger at yourself first for failing to see that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TaggertvsWise said:

This is the daftest thing I have seen written on this forum. 

Puel has had to find a new way for us to play as teams worked us out after 15/16 when we ceased becoming a 'lesser' club in the league that all teams fancied they could pick us off as Claudio had no real plan B.

It started towards the end of our title season but by the time teams worked us out it was too late and we crossed the line off the back of 1-nils which was different from the free scoring games fo Mahrez & Vardy in their pomp. We then lost key players over the next season or 2 that we couldn't replace like for like and when Vardy is off form, or sidelined for whatever reason, who do these 'lots of balls' go to as it has been futile trying to replace him so far? 

We have had to learn to maintain counter attacking as it works against the bigger teams who press us but then find and alternative possession based game as counter attacking rarely works against the smaller ones who sit back and then try find some sort of hybrid blend against the 'best of the rest' (8-13th Everton, Wolves, Watford etc) who fancy trading blow for blow.  Yes it is still a work in progress and we get dips and poor results but we are 7th and had a half decent league cup run with the FA cup still to come.

Seriously, Puel's ability to get us to where we are with so many young players coming through, some great young talent tearing up the championship and Scottish prem and evolving our game to more complex levels than seen before should be applauded and I fancy you need to point that accusatory finger at yourself first for failing to see that.

Hmmm I think the previous poster was being sarcastic.  Well I hope so anyway...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love how some of these moaners like to stick the knife in by reminding us they were actually there and we watched this one on TV. 

They didnt just show Vardy's goal in between a special montage of all the Die Hard movies. They do show the whole ****ing game you know. 

30 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Oh really?? What a div I feel.  Anyway, the point still remains. :facepalm:Apologies @The_Rorab

Hahaha it's no worries mate! I was hoping saying passhun and such that it'd be apparent :P

As it happens though I do agree with your response - regardless of misunderstanding my post!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Love how some of these moaners like to stick the knife in by reminding us they were actually there and we watched this one on TV. 

They didnt just show Vardy's goal in between a special montage of all the Die Hard movies. They do show the whole ****ing game you know. 

Perhaps watching it on tv allowed us better angles and replays to appreciate the performance more than those that are moaning.