Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Everton Post match Thread.

Just now, theessexfox said:

Very good defensively, relied on an error to create anything up front but we'll take that away at a rival, Everton are a terrible soulless club.

They really are. You should take a look at the fume on their forum. Total disdain for their manager and players. Makes this place look like Disneyland on Prozac

• Like 1

Just now, sishades said:

Is Ricardo the best signing since Mahrez? What a player, truely world class. Not pretty but a thoroughly disciplined performance at another top half team. Our first top flight away win on new years day since 1938. Get those T Shirts made up.

Huth and Kante. But he is a brilliant player. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Ricardo a one man wing at times. What an odd festive period it's been for us!

Can’t believe that geezer (didn’t hear who it was) gave Evans MOTM, clearly some bias there. Ricardo was outstanding again. 

Anyone else find Marco Silva’s face hilarious. I think it’s the constant smirk/look of what the **** am I doing someone is gonna find me out.

6 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Stick that one up your backsides you Puel out moaning gits.

I'm not sure that performance will change anyone's mind in terms of entertainment. lol

Can't argue with 3 wins in 4, converted pen against Cardiff and you'd be looking at 4-4 most probably. 

• Like 3

Absolutely dreadful from both sides, they made the bigger error. But, 9 points from a possible 12 over Christmas isn't something you argue with. Ring the changes for Newport, 10 days of light training for the likes of Vardy and Ndidi, hopefully we'll start firing at home to Soton

• Like 1

Fantastic result. We were ragged, but we were less ragged than them. Second half we were solid, Ricardo inspired, Mendy, Maguire and Hamza solid, and some lovely support from Albrighton and Chilly.

Vardy did a Vardy once, was quiet otherwise but kept them stretched. The difference between that and a 5-0 battering of them is a tiny improvement in final balls. Fingers crossed we can make that click sooner rather than later...

Three very welcome points to start the new year after the Cardiff debacle.

Ricardo is such a wonderful player. Can play anywhere. Jamie still knows how to finish. Evans and Simmo know how to defend. And Hamza provides mobility and tenacity in midfield.

Rest badly needed though for Chilwell, who was really ragged at times today.

• Like 4

"By no means a classic, but Leicester have their first top-flight win on New Year's Day in 80 years (!) courtesy of the first PL goal in 2019 from Jamie Vardy. Jonjoe Kenny hit the woodwork for Everton before the interval, and that's as good as it got for the hosts in from of a disgruntled Goodison Park."

The football is never going to be pretty and its always going to be set up to keep it tight and capitalise on any mistakes/few chances we get.

However 9 points out of the last 12 is nothing to sniff at when personally I thought we were going to come away with 1 at best. 

Can’t really argue when the points are coming in, i’d like the team to be more adventerous and better with the ball but we are winning games and thats all that counts at the minute.

That was a dirty, nasty smash and grab job. I love it.

It did feel like we were playing for a draw/hoping for an Everton mistake which happened and Vardy was at his best. Some resolute defending. Albrighton did well when he came on, Ricky was superb and Simpson really does make our back four so much more solid.

Everton were really poor. Besides one effort near the end Kasper was rarely troubled.

I didn't like how the team was set up but in a long season you need sneaky wins like that. Three out of four wins over the festive season. Can't really get much better than that. Puel has just bought homself until the end of the season at least.

Come on Foxes!

• Like 2

Great stuff! Always felt like a double-pointer that one with seeing Everton as our main rivals for 7th place, but on reflection after that match, maybe it's more Wolves we need to watch out for... big match coming up on the 19th. 

Second half was a lot more entertaining (not that that was hard), but these new year fixtures are always appalling quality... 

I think we can all agree that we should never see Hamza playing for the u23s again - first team only for him from now on. 

• Like 3

This is the type of away performance that can solidify that top-7 position.

Great tough, hard to beat clever performances recently. And a clean sheet.

Utlising our counter attacking instincts and yet giving us a Plan-B with possession too. 

Well played Puel - great management.

Edited by zealot