Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Everton Post match Thread.

1 minute ago, sishades said:

Tosspot on RL complaining that Maddison was not playing and critisizing CP for not playing Okazaki. Unbelievable.

Our fans are absolute **** nuggets, I have no idea how these people get through the day without killing themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

What part of shit performance and immense result are you struggling with?

I’ve seen games where we’ve played the other team off the park and lost. Today we could barely play a pass to each other at times but won the game. It’s the sign of a good team to play badly and win. 

That you call it a shit performance. First half was poor from both sides. Second half we totally bossed it and could have won 2 or 3 nil. It may not have been pretty l, but I see that as an immense performance.

anyway, happy days and happy new year

The game lacked quality but the players deserve some praise. The festive fixture schedule seemed to catch up with both teams here and it was a great effort from our lads to both win and keep a clean sheet. Jonny Evans staked his claim for a few more starts with his performance bar a mad 10 second moment. Ricardo was great again. 

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

I have to say the entitlement on these forums is something else, and not a good thing. Historically we are not one of the most successful clubs in England, in fact we aren't even close! 10 years ago I was dreaming of being a mediocre Premier League side and 7th in the table! The Premier League title has gotten to too many people's heads I feel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_clubs_in_England_by_competitive_honours_won

Today was not champagne football, but tactically we had Everton in our pocket. Did they ever look like scoring? Not really. The 433 kept our discipline and shape and we always looked solid. This was a classic 2016 title run in performance where we didn't concede and then nabbed something at the other end. One chance, one goal from Mr. Clinical. Our much maligned manager has beaten Chelsea, Man City and Everton over Christmas through a great tactical change to our system. He deserves credit.

For me the take away is that we should keep the 433, even against "lesser" teams. I think we are just so much more solid in this shape and Hamza's energy is very welcome in the team, as is Albrighton's when he came on. Whilst I'd love us to pass the enemy team to death with some sexy football, perhaps just being a solid team that can shithouse wins through stability as a platform to build on is a better way to go initially. Even as the 433 we do try and pass the ball so it's not like we always pump it long.

Other than that:

- Ricardo is our best player by a mile. He can play Right Back, Right Wing and now Left Wing and he's great in all of those positions! Absolutely incredible. I really like him as a player and a person and we will have bids coming in for him I'm sure.

- Evans was really solid. When Morgan can't continue we are in good shape.

- Chilwell is class. Not quite as good going forwards as Ricardo, but for someone so young he is fantastic. One of our own! (Kind of)

- Hamza is a quality addition to the midfield. Love his energy and tackling. Looking forward to seeing more of him and want to but the LCFC branded affro from the club shop :)

- Ghezzal continues to disappoint. He's the one turkey we signed this year. Albrighton is everything he isn't! No energy, poor decision making, etc.

Still up to 7th place, and a clinical finish. Happy Days!

I'm not sure if it's self entitlement or just a lack of intelligence

• Haha 3

So one mistake and we won it.

Great win, poor game of football

Ghezzal - everyone associated with buying him need a fine. 

Simpson - Hero

Hamza - up and coming hero

Ricardo - How did we buy him? 

The game in general was rubbish, both teams can’t pass, especially our midfielders it’s embarrising.  

Still don’t know what the tactical plan is... 

But at least we pressed them higher up the pitch in spells in the second half, something we’ve been crying out for 

Edited by lcfceaves
  • Like 1

Only 3 wins needed to avoid the drop then. :ph34r:

Mentioned earlier how good Evans, Simpson and Ricardo were, but forgot to say how much I am impressed with Hamza. The lad is looking comfortable at this level and provided the necessary pressing in midfield second half. 

Chilwell was very poor on occasion today defensively but needs a break. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

Massive win, enjoy your new years day people!!! Defensively we were brilliant, Evans and Simpson absolute solid, thought the 3 in midfield had decent games and broke play up well, hamza again outstanding, got some engine on him, Ricardo had another blinder, ghezzal however is terrible, I can't see how he gets in the squad, he can trap a ball and has a good first touch but aside from that hes awful, cracking finish from vards

Exellent victory. Our players wanted it more; quicker at both tackling and retrieving the ball. Chillwell, Ricardo, Simpson, Evans and Choudry played particularly well. This may sound silly, but still think Vardy is underrated and unappreciated by a wider audience; he is a very good striker and on a par with most other strikers who currently play on the Prem.