Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Everton Post match Thread.

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Stick with 4-3-3 and go from there. It was a truly terrible game for large parts. Second half was far better from us though, Ghezzal needs binning, bloke's out of his depth. Choudhury should be starting every game, Ricardo I'm starting to think is our best player.

We were lucky with how we got the lead but I do think the biggest praise I can give Puel is how well we seem to hold onto it when we do have it. Arsenal away is the only game all season that we've thrown a lead away in.

It's pretty obvious he's found a way to crack the so called tougher games on paper. He just needs to develop a way to break down the teams who come here and defend.

Everton the worst side I've seen all season. They've been utterly appalling since that Pickford howler at Anfield.

Perfect summary, Dan

4 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

No.

A First team winger, which we should have signed as Mahrez’s replacement in the summer like Thorgan Hazard for example and a young striker like Che Adams I think we have a good chance of Top 6/7

Our Full backs and defence is good enough, our midfield, maybe lacking creativity has potential just a winger and striker short imo.

We have the players.

It’s a great win. Horrible game but job done. 

I dont know if Puel put Simpson in intentionally to deal with Richarlison but he completely bullied him. Evans and Maguire excellent. 

Yeh it wasn’t pretty, passing was terrible at times but worked hard and got the rewards. We’re not far away from being a good side, if we could beat anyone shit we’d challenging at the top. 

What a man Ricardo is. 

3 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Maybe a slightly unpopular opinion but Evans is our best defender.

Don't think it is unpopular, he got off to a slow start (literally) against Wolves but since has proved his worth and £3 million looks another shrewd piece of cheaper business.

• Like 1

Get in that box to box midfielder with the creative flair and we're starting to look like a good team. 

Simpson has come in and made our defence solid again, fair play to him for taking the chance when it was given. 

Ricardo is a far better winger than a defender, him and Chillwell compliment eachother well on the overlap, that needs to remain in my opinion. As does Simmo and Albrighton, which has always worked well. 

Albrighton changed the game today, gave us an outlet and held the ball up much better than Ghezzal who's decision making was poor. 

Onwards and upwards. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Vardy continues to surprise!

I've literally never seen a white man pull of such incredible flips at a football game! Love him to bits!!! :scarf:

exactly what i said to the wife. (sort of) (has an english player ever done flips like that?) only seen foreign players do it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Rubbish first half but much better second half. I do think we need to give Ndidi a rest though as he has not been on form recently looks hesitant on the ball and is looking fatigued. Still think he is a good player but not playing well at the moment

Fair play to you mate. You sugar coated that very nicely. To say he isn't playing well is actually kind to him. 

Great result, we restricted Everton to very few chances of their own creation, the worrying thing is the number of daft mistakes that meant they could have pinched a goal.

I am confused though if the plan was to keep it tight and hit them on the break, why have we spent the last year trying to drill that behaviour out of our players? 

The players have shown their commitment and attitude today, they weee clearly tired and not quite functioning 100% individually or as a team but everyone put a shift in.

Puel needs to find a way to see off weaker teams that is 15 points off top 10 sides now, but too many dropped to bottom half teams.

If we go back to drab 4231 vs Southampton then I will have lost any hope that Puel can turn this round.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Choudhury has done enough to make himself a regular starter now imo. Looked like the experienced one of the midfield 3 today for large parts

He brings energy and enthusiasm to the team which can not be understated. 

Just now, Happy Fox said:

A First team winger, which we should have signed as Mahrez’s replacement in the summer like Thorgan Hazard for example and a young striker like Che Adams I think we have a good chance of Top 6/7

Our Full backs and defence is good enough, our midfield, maybe lacking creativity has potential just a winger and striker short imo.

We have the players.

Even then, we don't have the bench. And we need a CM.

7th, yes most definitely but the top 6 is out of reach at the moment.

Overall another good away performance. Sloppy in the first half but the introduction of Albrighton swung the game in our favour. The game was full of individuals errors so fitting that one decided the game. Excellent finish from Vardy. Ricardo, Hamza and Evans were our standout players. 

The thing I like the most about Puel's era is how hard we are to score against. We are difficult to break down, aerially very good in defence, well disciplined and have a top keeper behind the back four. Always feel positive about getting a result if we go in-front in game. It's getting into the winning position more ruthlessly that needs more patience and time. 

• Like 2

The plan was clear.

Defend and frustrate in the first and then play for the win in the second half.

Our passing was very poor in the first half but our central midfield and defence were rock solid.

Ghezall had an horrific first 45 was rightly replaced at half time. As I've said before Hamza has made Albrighton more worthwhile than ever and the push from midfield worked a treat, Hamza also helps Ricardo to attack much more than when he's not there.

Hamza was our best player in the first half and then most players stepped up in the second.

Back were very good, credit to Puel, Evans and Simmo for the changes that worked well.

Vardy was poor in the first half and didn't look fit but he put away his best chance excellently well. 

Ndidi was the other poor player of the first half I thought and everytime he got the ball I expected him to lose it, he's having an up and down season but he's so young, the experience will be great for him. I think we could have played Iborra instead but I'm not complaining.

Really happy to see how an ever changing defensive unit is looking so much more solid with our midfield setup which also frees ricardo and chilwell.

Well done Claude 4 pts from 12 hoped for 9 received. 

Just now, Captain... said:

Great result, we restricted Everton to very few chances of their own creation, the worrying thing is the number of daft mistakes that meant they could have pinched a goal.

I am confused though if the plan was to keep it tight and hit them on the break, why have we spent the last year trying to drill that behaviour out of our players? 

The players have shown their commitment and attitude today, they weee clearly tired and not quite functioning 100% individually or as a team but everyone put a shift in.

Puel needs to find a way to see off weaker teams that is 15 points off top 10 sides now, but too many dropped to bottom half teams.

If we go back to drab 4231 vs Southampton then I will have lost any hope that Puel can turn this round.

We will go back to the 4231 against Southampton its guarenteed.