Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Everton Post match Thread.

2 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Get in that box to box midfielder with the creative flair and we're starting to look like a good team. 

Simpson has come in and made our defence solid again, fair play to him for taking the chance when it was given. 

Ricardo is a far better winger than a defender, him and Chillwell compliment eachother well on the overlap, that needs to remain in my opinion. As does Simmo and Albrighton, which has always worked well. 

Albrighton changed the game today, gave us an outlet and held the ball up much better than Ghezzal who's decision making was poor. 

Onwards and upwards. 

Any thoughts on whether Maddison could be that creative player in a 3 if pushed back? I guess my question marks around that would be if he has the engine.

10 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Did you never see Robbie Keane, the Leeds inter Milan Spurs Liverpool Celtic fan?

Robbie Keane is who it reminded me off, but he would just do one cartwheel and then a mini one after. Vardy's was an Olympic gymnastics winning display!

Still love Keane though. I know O'Neill tried to sign him but we couldn't get him. Could you imagine if we did!?

Keane:

KEANE-CARTWHEEL.gif

Vardy:

giphy.gif

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

Chilwell getting a few criticisms here. I thought he was excellent again. Full of running and some lovely touches under pressure today  

I voted Chilwell our player of the season so far the other day but he was generally poor today. Check out how often he gave the ball away and let Bernard get so easily past him into the area at the end. The kid is a huge talent but he badly needs a rest

• Like 3

Makes up for the home game where we were well in it until Morgans brain freezes. I was so frustrated after that game, it was a chance to lay down a marker that day but instead we shot ourselves in the foot. They look strong on paper but get at that defence (not that we did often today) and they'll crack. The history books will say 1-0 win, three points but to all who travelled most of the highlights would be moments of strong defending, not so much great entertainment at the other end.

6 minutes ago, manders86 said:

Any thoughts on whether Maddison could be that creative player in a 3 if pushed back? I guess my question marks around that would be if he has the engine.

I think it's worth a try, because if we are going to persist with 4-3-3 being in the front three doesn't exactly suit him either... Would be great to see him play in that role against Newport and take it from there. 

However bad we were Everton a team we want to match and better in the league were how good? Praise from Souness does not come lightly the phrase common sense does not often crop up on here. For those saying how bad we were losing to Cardiff and personally thought we did enough to win, how crap were Everton with all their creativity the offered as little as we have offered in the worst of Puel performances. The moaners on here may not be happy but however much they bemoan how crap we are and how rubbish the football is 7th place is some sort of achievement, just think with a few more additions how far we can go

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hammo said:

I voted Chilwell our player of the season so far the other day but he was generally poor today. Check out how often he gave the ball away and let Bernard get so easily past him into the area at the end. The kid is a huge talent but he badly needs a rest

That's it though isn't it, he was just exhausted. Fuchs will play on Saturday, so he will get a decent rest now before the Southampton game.

3 minutes ago, manders86 said:

I've thought about that.  Maybe in a more balanced side his best position is a true #10, but we're not a balanced side by any stretch.  He could probably be more effective either higher up the pitch as a false 9 or deeper, acting as a playmaking midfielder and conduit man.

It was a game that easy could've gone either way. Just like the home game against them. And just like Cardiff.

Poor Puel at the mercy of such fine margins. The exact same performance with a 0-1 reverse today could've got him the sack. Hopefully Top takes a more reasoned view of narrow wins/defeats then 50% of the crowd.

• Like 2