Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Everton Post match Thread.

29 minutes ago, FilbertFrog said:

What a Christmas 

9 points from 12 points !!!!!!

not many on here would have given us a hope of that !!!!! 

Thank you Claude and all the lads ! 

Made it a special special Christmas for all 

Dropped 3pts at home to Cardiff... 

Unforgivable! 

Puel out. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

I've thought about that.  Maybe in a more balanced side his best position is a true #10, but we're not a balanced side by any stretch.  He could probably be more effective either higher up the pitch as a false 9 or deeper, acting as a playmaking midfielder and conduit man.

Against Man City he was pushed back more into midfield which improved us a lot, because earlier in that game Vardy and Maddison were completely isolated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Anyone asking for him out is frankly an idiot.

People said he couldn't fix the defence, he did, people said he couldn't fix the set piece issue, he has. People said we'd be in relegation worries without Mahrez, we're 7th. People said he wasn't good enough to get us the points, he is. 

This is Pearson all over again, constantly doubting the manager and then him doing things they said he couldn't do. The argument has now moved form those things to entertainment and attacking. Perhaps we could actually appreciate the things he as done and actually think about giving him the time to sort out those other issues. 

He's shown previously that in terms of the sort of players we needed he was on the wave length of the fans, by getting an attacking right back (who looks a superstar) and a creative 10 who is showing plenty of promise for a young lad. Give him the chance to fix the other issues, if Silva and Iheanacho had been good buys we and he would not have as many problems, but they've been woeful and it's caused issues we didn't think we had any longer. That's not a problem of his making, he needs to time to sort this squad out as the flops are hanging around our neck and causing a lot of our issues.

The results should buy him some respect and some time. 

His only error over Xmas was claiming Choudhury couldnt create and rested him vs Cardiff. Although on paper it looks a very defensive set up it allows Ricardo to do what he wants and Albrighton plays higher up the pitch to good effect. We are ultra counter attacking which is great away but I still think we can make it work at home, we have to coerce the opposition. Pressing high helps that.

• Like 2

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Against Man City he was pushed back more into midfield which improved us a lot, because earlier in that game Vardy and Maddison were completely isolated.

Exactly.  You make the best of what you have, and right now using Maddison that way may be the best option we have.  It's still not ideal against teams like Cardiff (who, to give them credit, don't just park the bus but defend very well and and excellently coached), but I'm not sure what better choices Puel has.

Absolutely smashing. Ricardo is a God and the sign of a good team is covering poor performances into good results.

For those clamouring to a permanent move to 4-3-3, however, there is a problem. I suspect Puel has not employed it against smaller sides because it is even worse creatively than the 4-2-3-1; we had few chances today and that was playing against a good team that gave us more space than the likes of Hudders will.

I'm very happy we have it in our locker, however, and would be happy to see Hamza continue to get starts in both the 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Brilliant result in what is looking like one of our highest ever top flight finishes in the history of our club.  That people are still calling for Puel's head is completely beyond me.  That we can beat Chelsea, Man City and Everton yet people focus on losing to Cardiff to me sums up the levels of mental gymnastics some folk force themselves in to because they are not big enough to admit Puel is doing a decent job.

Well done Puel well done Leicester City.  Onwards and upwards.  X

decent job results wise: yes.

decent job performance wise: mehh.

the jury is out for me.

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Anyone asking for him out currently is frankly an idiot.

People said he couldn't fix the defence, he did, people said he couldn't fix the set piece issue, he has. People said we'd be in relegation worries without Mahrez, we're 7th. People said he wasn't good enough to get us the points, he is. 

This is Pearson all over again, constantly doubting the manager and then him doing things they said he couldn't do. The argument has now moved form those things to entertainment and attacking. Perhaps we could actually appreciate the things he as done and actually think about giving him the time to sort out those other issues. 

He's shown previously that in terms of the sort of players we needed he was on the wave length of the fans, by getting an attacking right back (who looks a superstar) and a creative 10 who is showing plenty of promise for a young lad. Give him the chance to fix the other issues, if Silva and Iheanacho had been good buys we and he would not have as many problems, but they've been woeful and it's caused issues we didn't think we had any longer. That's not a problem of his making, he needs to time to sort this squad out as the flops are hanging around our neck and causing a lot of our issues.

The results should buy him some respect and some time. 

:appl:

Well said! Even the most ardent haters of his should surely give him till the rest of the season at least!? Not only is all the above true, but we've also undergone the tragic death of our beloved Vichai, and the whole club has come out of that with class, dignity and with a highly respectable league position.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

His only error over Xmas was claiming Choudhury couldnt create and rested him vs Cardiff. Although on paper it looks a very defensive set up it allows Ricardo to do what he wants and Albrighton plays higher up the pitch to good effect. We are ultra counter attacking which is great away but I still think we can make it work at home, we have to coerce the opposition. Pressing high helps that.

He wasn't wrong about the couldn't create thing, it's just a bit odd when we always play two other midfielders who can't create either lol

I also don't think Hamza could've played all four games plus the cup game, would've been 5 starts in two weeks for a guy who hadn't started a league game all season. And one thing Puel is undeniably good at is working with younger players and I'm sure he wanted to manage his workload.

Babylon's post was excellent though and I totally agree.

19 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

Exellent victory. Our players wanted it more; quicker at both tackling and retrieving the ball. Chillwell, Ricardo, Simpson, Evans and Choudry played particularly well. This may sound silly, but still think Vardy is underrated and unappreciated by a wider audience; he is a very good striker and on a par with most other strikers who currently play on the Prem.

I don't think there's a side in the division (L'pool and Man C excepted) that wouldn't take JV in a heartbeat. If you're talking about opposition supporters he's the one player they all know and  most fear