Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Shout out for Simpson.

Always maintained he’d be a valuable squad member and although not first choice anymore, today has proved why he is a good squad player for us. Defended superbly today and certainly in our best 3 players this afternoon. 

11 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

I must say I was guilty of writing him off never to be seen again but great performance today against Everton.

I say keep him he still has a part to play.

Well done Danny boy. 

Shout it out...I always have!!   Best most experience BLine defender in the PL....I will say/shout and shout  again DEFENDER!!!  :yahoo::yahoo::@,

Underrated...yes!!!  Nice to having attacking FB...but paint and lipstick....today 2 great defenders...Simon and Honest Evans...brilliant!!!

They don't get paid for crossing...they get paid for defending...98% they do it...!!!

How often do our strikers score...!!!??? And I love Mr Leicester Vardy...but a good team starts from the back....Simmo is the start and finnish.

Never...never let this squad down!!!     On the pitch...!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Just didn't seem to be in the plans at all and I'm admitting I was wrong to write him off as he didn't seem to fit the managers style.. Don't think that's fickle at all 

Sure but you said you wrote him off and now after a good game you're saying we should keep him.... thats the fickle part IMO

38 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

To be left out for so long and to show the appertite, passion and high levels of performance that he has done since his return to the team speaks volumes about the bloke. What a player he has been (and continues to be) for us.

Point well made. His performances don't just demonstrate ability, but attitude too.

Very good professional and his attitude his exemplary with how he's handled being called back in to the side when it looked like he may be searching for a way out (rumours, I know). 

Today was an all-round solid defensive performance and it gave trust and freedom to players around and in front of him. 

As has been mentioned above, it's testament to the spirit in the squad that despite not playing for a while, there's still a good feeling and friendship and camaraderie among the place.

Said it after his last home performance, cant remember who we played but it was the game he played at home after having not played for a fair while (at home, as he played against cardiff away), that he was having a superb game... same again today, just no messing about, gets stuck in, throws himself at the ball etc. basically gone back to playing like he did in the title winning season imho, even though it's only been two or three games he's played in now this season. But it's right up there, I think maybe Pereira has got him lit again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

I must say I was guilty of writing him off never to be seen again but great performance today against Everton.

I say keep him he still has a part to play.

Well done Danny boy. 

If you want some to defensive rightback he's excellent, he's problem is when people expect him to do more than he's capable of. 

I think him and Morgan has shown an excellent attitude and the will to fight to stay here and fight for a new contract. 

Personally think he's worth another year.

• Like 1