Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Shout out for Simpson.

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Amartey is better & Pereira is incredible. I’d keep till the summer as Amartey is still out but I’d expect him to go. 

No way is Amartey a better RB than Simpson.

But id keep Amartey. He’s a decent utility bloke.

I always feel much safer with Simmo in the side than Amartey.

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

No way is Amartey a better RB than Simpson.

But id keep Amartey. He’s a decent utility bloke.

I always feel much safer with Simmo in the side than Amartey.

I'd keep both Amartey and Simpson, release Fuchs.

I think Chilwell, Riccardo, Amartey and Simpson would be enough in the squad to cover both fullback positions, as Riccardo showed against Everton his comfortable on the left.  

17 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'd keep both Amartey and Simpson, release Fuchs.

I think Chilwell, Riccardo, Amartey and Simpson would be enough in the squad to cover both fullback positions, as Riccardo showed against Everton his comfortable on the left.  

Puel still thinks the squads o big though (I think I read somewhere) having 3 right backs is too many imo & I think elder signed a new deal? 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

23 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Puel still thinks the squads o big though (I think I read somewhere) having 3 right backs is too many imo & I think elder signed a new deal? 

Yes, but Riccardo can play RB, LB, LM and RM.

Amartey can play RB, CB and CM.

I think Amartey injury changes things, is he going to be fully recovered by the start of the new season. 

If we can secure Simpson for a 1 year extension on reduce terms to reflect his standing in the squad, seems sensible to me.

Edited by coolhandfox

Keep Simpson for another year and loan Amartey to a PL team, probably to one of the newly promoted teams. Will hopefully allow Amartey to get regular game time and we get to keep the reliable, experienced and in my opinion, superior defender in Simpson. 

Long term, I would prefer a new RB over Simpson and Amartey to be honest. For now though, keeping one for another season or so is fine and the realistic choice. Eventually, I think we should sign attacking fullbacks to be back up for Pereira/Chilwell because that position is crucial to Puel’s style of play. 

Edited by foxes21

8 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Amartey is better & Pereira is incredible. I’d keep till the summer as Amartey is still out but I’d expect him to go. 

Well he’s not. He’s only better going forward and suits what Puel wants more from a full back. But there’s no way that Amartey is better than Simpson especially when it comes to defending. 

57 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Keep Simpson for another year and loan Amartey to a PL team, probably to one of the newly promoted teams. Will hopefully allow Amartey to get regular game time and we get to keep the reliable, experienced and in my opinion, superior defender in Simpson. 

Long term, I would prefer a new RB over Simpson and Amartey to be honest. For now though, keeping one for another season or so is fine and the realistic choice. Eventually, I think we should sign attacking fullbacks to be back up for Pereira/Chilwell because that position is crucial to Puel’s style of play. 

Why would we want to loan him to another PL Club? lol