Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Arriba Los Zorros

Away form

The Palace game sometimes still grates on me but we've picked up away wins, with clean sheets (bar Southampton), at the following:

Everton

Chelsea
Cardiff
Southampton
Newcastle

Drawn two games 1-1 against Fulham and Brighton, arguably should have won the first and performed better, and did well to draw the latter being 1 man down. 

Lost against Arsenal, Man Utd, Bournemouth. Never get a result at Arsenal, not beaten Bournemouth since we got promoted and Utd was very frustrating as that game was there for the taking.

Won 5, drawn 2, lost 3.

About the level you'd expect for a 7th place side and not that bad a record. I like how we've been able to control some games away from home and be defensively resilient. Sometimes, in previous years, it'd be almost guaranteed we'd concede and chase the game. Which brings me on to my next point - I believe we've only had one game where we've dropped points after taking the lead (Arsenal?). Game management when we take the lead is very good and important.

Edited by StanSP

19 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The Palace game sometimes still grates on me but we've picked up away wins, with clean sheets, at the following:

Everton

Chelsea
Cardiff
Southampton
Newcastle

Drawn two games 1-1 against Fulham and Brighton, arguably should have won the first and performed better, and did well to draw the latter being 1 man down. 

Lost against Arsenal, Man Utd, Bournemouth. Never get a result at Arsenal, not beaten Bournemouth since we got promoted and Utd was very frustrating as that game was there for the taking.

Won 5, drawn 2, lost 3.

About the level you'd expect for a 7th place side and not that bad a record. I like how we've been able to control some games away from home and be defensively resilient. Sometimes, in previous years, it'd be almost guaranteed we'd concede and chase the game. Which brings me on to my next point - I believe we've only had one game where we've dropped points after taking the lead (Arsenal?). Game management when we take the lead is very good and important.

We beat Southampton 2-1

Bournemouth and Palace were shit performances. But didn't play well at Fulham or Brighton but got points so can't be unsatisfied. 

Think his style of play is suited away more, where we can stifle and nick goals. 

At home against lower teams tho we do need to add something different

15 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Think his style of play is suited away more, where we can stifle and nick goals. 

Very correct.

Away from home there's the added benefit not to have 29000 people groaning

our stifling play (with and without the ball) tends not to be appreciated by a home crowd raised on 'sticking it in the mixer' to 6ft 3 centre halves acting as emergency strikers

Given how rotten we've been at times away from home in the past two years, to have been thumped in one game by the New Year shows much-needed resilience. Even Arsenal took an hour to really get going against us.

Just need the home form to improve.

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Right I know you are giving him credit and I respect you for that. 

However with regards to the quoted point, do you know him? I just find it very disrespectful and unjust. 

Sorry I don't mean personally like you say I don't know him but as a manager not a fan.