Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Can’t believe the four or so sides around us will be as bad as we were second half last season ........

Assuming by second half you mean in the new year - we took 20 points from 16 games. 1.25 points per game, or 25 points by now if we'd produced the same form this season - Everton and West Ham are only 2 points up on that. Everyone is that bad, that inconsistent. People have delusions of grandeur if they think midtable is better than that and we're better than midtable - we've only finished in the top 7 four times in our history and once since 1929

59 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

We are not a huge club we are not an established tip 6 as som tend to think. We have finished in the top 6 only once in our history...

while I agree with your point, for pedantry we finished 3rd and 2nd in consecutive seasons 90 years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

This is a major plus, people said he wasn't capable of even making us more solid and for a while that looked like the case. But we are, we've improved from open play N'didi massively from defensive set pieces. (And that's with more attacking defenders)

Like you say, if we can now work on that side of it and we can get some improvement there, we are laughing. I'm just not sure we have the players for it currently.

You know you post too much when you get autocorrected from “and” to “N’didi”.

2 hours ago, l444ry said:

No one ever said things are easy but why should a club that won the Premiership a couple of years ago erect a mid table glass ceiling now.

We. Don't. Spend. The. Required. Money.

Without it, the best you get are freak seasons, not any form of consistency.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We. Don't. Spend. The. Required. Money.

Without it, the best you get are freak seasons, not any form of consistency.

Agree to some extent. A serious tilt at the Europa League should be within our budget though. More aimed at those that defend Puel's work.by saying we can only aspire to being a mid table side, we are where we should be, crap squad etc. Think we should be half glass full in our aspirations.

Edited by l444ry

5 hours ago, F1_AN said:

Strikes me Puel has no interest in what’s being said around him which in some ways is commendable however we’ve seen how that played out for Jose who couldn’t move from his default approach despite it failing to deliver over and over. I assume Stowell just keeps his head down. He’s being through so many managers he must just go with the flow. 

Mir must be difficult to be in a job like that day to day with little or no positive interaction coming towards you (fans or players)

"Failing to deliver", whilst I know you are talking about Jose, you seem to be drawing comparisons.

We are 8th, as far as position goes for a club like us that's delivering. This isn't Man U spending billions and looking utter pish in sixth.

I'll accept the entertainment argument, but position is not a problem and when you look around the league, results are  on trend with those you'd expect to be challenging with us for the 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th positions.

1 minute ago, l444ry said:

Agree to some extent. A serious tilt at the Europa League should be within our budget though. More aimed at those that defend Puel's work.by saying we can only aspire to being a mid table side, we are where we should be, crap squad etc. Think we should be half glass full.

We are 8th a point off 7th, is that not a "a serious tilt", because we ain't getting higher than that without a big 6 club imploding.

Everton have spent one or two hundred million more than us recently, West Ham have pumped in huge amounts the last year. We have no more right than they do to finish 7th.

We are a 7th-11th type team, who will fluctuate between those position depending on numerous factors not all in our control.

It's not what you or I want, but that's the realism of it at this moment in time. There isn't a single club who has done what many seem to expect us to do without consistent investment well above our rivals.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We are 8th a point off 7th, is that not a "a serious tilt", because we ain't getting higher than that without a big 6 club imploding.

Everton have spent one or two hundred million more than us recently, West Ham have pumped in huge amounts the last year. We have no more right than they do to finish 7th.

We are a 7th-11th type team, who will fluctuate between those position depending on numerous factors not all in our control.

It's not what you or I want, but that's the realism of it at this moment in time. There isn't a single club who has done what many seem to expect us to do without consistent investment well above our rivals.

Can't see us finishing 7th as our football is so dire. I know all games count but where would we be without the Chelsea/Man City points bonus. Either side of those two games we played like relegation fodder. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Agree to some extent. A serious tilt at the Europa League should be within our budget though. More aimed at those that defend Puel's work.by saying we can only aspire to being a mid table side, we are where we should be, crap squad etc. Think we should be half glass full in our aspirations.

The serious tilt at Europa League we can manage is 7th (and hope it's a European spot) or winning a cup. Being 1 point off 7th and having made 3 quarter finals under Puel, going out to a top 6 side each time, seems like a reasonable tilt to me? :dunno:

• Like 1

Just now, l444ry said:

Can't see us finishing 7th as our football is so dire. I know all games count but where would we be without the Chelsea/Man City points bonus. Either side of those two games we played like relegation fodder. 

So is everyone else in there. We've all played the same teams and everyone has lost games they think they should be winning or sprung the odd surprise. We're higher than all of them but West Ham in the 10 game form guide.

Wolves lost something like 5 or 6 on the trot didn't they not long ago. Bournemouth lost 8 in 10. Everton have struggled.

Everton and West Ham fans are probably just as frustrated as we are with the ups and downs in performance.

• Like 2

Just go puel.... you have nothing to offer us.... you do not inspire us.... you take albrighton off and leave gray on.  You set us up so we can't break down Cardiff. ..or burnley or palace or Southampton reserves.   We are a one club golfer and you won't let us use the one club we have.  Please find yourself a new club and leave us be

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Just go puel.... you have nothing to offer us.... you do not inspire us.... you take albrighton off and leave gray on.  You set us up so we can't break down Cardiff. ..or burnley or palace or Southampton reserves.   We are a one club golfer and you won't let us use the one club we have.  Please find yourself a new club and leave us be

Aren’t opinions bizarre.

With regards Puel, who knows what’s best. At times I think, let’s have a change but at other times I think, we’re not far off being a decent team and he will give youth a chance. If he goes, who do we realistically get? I’m just not sure.

But with regards Albrighton !? he was appalling in the Cardiff game! Don’t get me wrong, any member of the team that created the greatest memory of my life is a god and always will be.  But he was appalling against Cardiff. And although Gray was no better, he does have a touch of skill in his locker that he can occasionally pull out.

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

First one of the year. Something tells me you won't be the last lol

Be interesting to see if the rumours are true. 

I am fully in the Puel out camp and have been for a long time. I personally am fed up of the boring football he has us playing and constantly paying defensive football really gets on my tits, If he can learn to adapt to attack the smaller teams then maybe I could turn around my views but he's had time and still hasn't changed. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, l444ry said:

No one ever said things are easy but why should a club that won the Premiership a couple of years ago erect a mid table glass ceiling now. We should be pushing for Europe as a target and paying watchable football as a minimum with our Owners. 

Because the best players that help us win that left. We replaced them with a bunch of expensive duffers. We're now reconstructing. Have you been living under a rock?