Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

1 minute ago, lcfceaves said:

Wow a team pressing high up the pitch score goal (Southampton)

Wonder when we will ever do that again (let alone close down long range efforts)

You mean against the same team we beat doing exactly that just the other day? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

You mean against the same team we beat doing exactly that just the other day? 

Yes that team... why don’t we press every team especially weaker players on the ball (such as yesterday) 

Edited by lcfceaves

31 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

For those with an alternative agenda, he can't lose whatever he does.

That's not really true though is it? If we were genuinely terrible and in relegation trouble I and I imagine most of the other fans currently opposed to sacking him wouldnt be opposed to a change. For a lot of those who have wanted him gone since last season though it seems almost to have become personal. They will not change their minds and are determined to be proved right, regardless of our reasonably acceptable league performance whilst needing to totally refresh the squad and regardless of the fact that in all likelihood a management change probably won't greatly benefit us if indeed it benefits us at all.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

That's not really true though is it? If we were genuinely terrible and in relegation trouble I and I imagine most of the other fans currently opposed to sacking him wouldnt be opposed to a change. For a lot of those who have wanted him gone since last season though it seems almost to have become personal. They will not change their minds and are determined to be proved right, regardless of our reasonably acceptable league performance whilst needing to totally refresh the squad and regardless of the fact that in all likelihood a management change probably won't greatly benefit us if indeed it benefits us at all.

Precisely. I've no issues with him being criticised for ponderous football and if we look like being dragged into a relegation scrap then bin him off. What I take issue with is him getting blamed for the likes of Burnley at home - 22 shots, 0 goals, players have to take some responsibility for poor performances and not executing tactics, but from the likes of the poster you quoted there's no call for that. It's all the managers fault for players not pulling their weight. He's being made into a scapegoat

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I get he isn’t charismatic or endearing himself to the fans.

I get that he has a defensive mentality that can be frustrating at times.

I get that his set up doesn’t play to the strengths of a fans favourite and I get that his substitutions can be ineffective from time to time.

I don’t get why our league position should be discounted.

I don’t get why the transition in evolution of play doesn’t earn him patience.

I don’t get why he doesn’t get some slack for developing younger players.

I don’t get why losing a QF against Man City on penalties can be used as a stick to beat him.

If getting rid is the answer, which realistic incoming manager can pick up on his good points and not with any of the negative ones? Are their any realistic options that are significantly better?

This sums it up perfectly for me. Well said. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I get he isn’t charismatic or endearing himself to the fans.

I get that he has a defensive mentality that can be frustrating at times.

I get that his set up doesn’t play to the strengths of a fans favourite and I get that his substitutions can be ineffective from time to time.

I don’t get why our league position should be discounted.

I don’t get why the transition in evolution of play doesn’t earn him patience.

I don’t get why he doesn’t get some slack for developing younger players.

I don’t get why losing a QF against Man City on penalties can be used as a stick to beat him.

If getting rid is the answer, which realistic incoming manager can pick up on his good points and not with any of the negative ones? Are their any realistic options that are significantly better?

Far too sensible post for this forum! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Precisely. I've no issues with him being criticised for ponderous football and if we look like being dragged into a relegation scrap then bin him off. What I take issue with is him getting blamed for the likes of Burnley at home - 22 shots, 0 goals, players have to take some responsibility for poor performances and not executing tactics, but from the likes of the poster you quoted there's no call for that. It's all the managers fault for players not pulling their weight. He's being made into a scapegoat

Totally agree. Sorry, I’m out of reps for the day ?

58 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

For those with an alternative agenda, he can't lose whatever he does.

I think that’s a bit unfair. I haven’t read anyone who is happy for him to remain as our manager not highlight his weaknesses. 

For my own part, whilst I felt the reasons we lost yesterday were not primarily Puel’s fault, I felt we moved the ball too slowly first half and I cannot for the life of me see how bringing Shinji on when we’re looking for a goal is going to help.

By the way, my apologies for calling your comments on Puel vitriolic. That was unfair of me. Relentless yes, but not really vitriolic when I reflected further on our discussion. 

Best wishes for the New Year 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Peul must be crazy.  Come on. ... sack him right now to show this craziness is not acceptable.   

Peul's a singer....

No, I correct myself....Peul's a zinger! :thumbup:

Edited by Alf Bentley

43 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Did the keeper really play a blinder? The saves were routine.

And I agree that we haven’t got the AMs to play next to him, it’s almost like Puel hasn’t had a chance to put his stamp on the team.

Yeah Maybe blinder was the wrong word but He was given MotM suggesting he did more than routine except if you read any report on any game by Roy Keane who doesn't believe in praise ? 

Yep we sure need that extra something playing in the formation, I do believe they have been told to press forward and help out thou as demonstrated by Ndidi's wild efforts in the past 3/4 games he wasn't doing that before. 

31 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

By the way, my apologies for calling your comments on Puel vitriolic. That was unfair of me. Relentless yes, but not really vitriolic when I reflected further on our discussion. 

Best wishes for the New Year 

No need to apologise sir. It's hardly the worse thing someone has said to me on here or social media lol

Festive greetings to you too and may our leader tweak a few things and we all push forward in happier times.

1 hour ago, Ceirboy said:

I don’t think the need to be a comedian is necessary, no , but the ability to communicate on different levels would be a start I reckon. I’m neither an in or out, so it doesn’t matter to me really but I’d have thought that the ability to change ones hat when dealing with different types of people would have been considered an inherent part of a successful Managers job. 

I was talking about David Brent more than anything else 

Maybe our staff and players need to change their hats too though

22 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

No need to apologise sir. It's hardly the worse thing someone has said to me on here or social media lol

Festive greetings to you too and may our leader tweak a few things and we all push forward in happier times.

Agreed ?

3 hours ago, Buce said:

Yet many are criticising him for dropping Hamza. 

For those with an agenda, he can’t win whatever he does. 

I do agree with that. I've said all along at home against these sort of teams go with one holding man and Iborra/Silva.

3 hours ago, BKLFox said:

The trouble is we don't have enough AM, who could he have put in there and in what shape, Iborra? and say we got over run he's then knocked for that baring in mind Cardiff effectively had a 5 Man midfield.

Unlike Fox92 and Warnock I did think we did enough to win the game their keeper made 7 saves it's not like we only worked him the once, Wolves for instance had 4 shots on and scored 3 as I say on the day keeper played a blinder, we deserved the win more than when we played in Cardiff I'd say, swings and all that I guess.

Why am I included in this alongside Warnock? lol

I don't think we deserved to win but I don't think we deserved to lose either. A 0-0 was about right. Warnock speaking absolute shite as usual saying they deserved to win.

Edited by Fox92

31 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Why am I included in this alongside Warnock? lol

I don't think we deserved to win but I don't think we deserved to lose either. A 0-0 was about right. Warnock speaking absolute shite as usual saying they deserved to win.

Ohh are you not Colin Fox92 lol sorry was a bit harsh to put you along side that melt, forgive me mate.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I was talking about David Brent more than anything else 

Maybe our staff and players need to change their hats too though

Yes but he’s a friend first, a boss second and an entertainer third! 

And if you want the rainbow, then you’ve got to put up with the rain! 

Edited by Ceirboy
  • Haha 2